Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Risks to Be Taken

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2015, 09:47

Emily knew that she shouldn't be doing it. She knew that if someone in Erenyx found her sneaking out to find another wolf, they could kill her. So she tried to be quick and light on her feet, making her way from the caretaker's den to the border of Erenyx, so far safely passing that. She made a quick check behind her shoulder to make sure she wasn't being followed, then she took off again. She sprinted away from her old pack. She couldn't bear the worry of one day having to face her alpha. She had heard bad things about him, and she wouldn't dare stay a minute longer to wonder if her death might turn into one of those rumors. She somehow managed to go faster.

By the time she had begun to slow a bit, she had to have been far enough away from Erenyx. She let up on herself and turned her run into a lope. Deep breaths of night air slipped into her lungs as she regulated herself to keep her strength to make a getaway in case someone came after her. But she hoped they wouldn't. Oh how she hoped....

She made it to the border of Avagos, the new pack that had spread gossip around like a wildfire. She quickly decided to eat and maybe rest until light where she could call out for acceptance. She turned and started stalking in the thick trees for prey. Then she spotted the little white tail of a favorable rabbit. It would be enough. She sunk down into a crouch and leapt. Landing less than a foot behind it, she reached out and snapped her jaws over it. Dead. She carried it back to the border and started to eat it. Devouring it in less than a minute, she remembered a trick that someone had showed her once... Omega Faola from Erenyx. Roll in the carcass to erase some scent. She could try it, to make the wolves of Avagos less wary of her. She laid down and started to roll in the lifeless animal. It wasn't so bad now because her life and her acceptance were at stake.

She decided to take camp and call when morning came. It would be rude to call upon a wolf during the dead of the night. So she curled up next to a tree, and let her mind wander until sleep came and took her.

-fade to black-

Emily woke to a piercing sunlight. She wondered how long it had been, but she finally recalled that she wasn't in Erenyx anymore, and that she had made a stealthy getaway last night. She stood up and stretched, loosening her taut muscles carefully. Then she padded back to where the territory line was. She sat down and tilted her head back. She called out, her song reaching for miles...
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Large Wolf: 93 cm

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2015, 18:04

((I couldn’t help it…))

Fel was just stretching her shoulders that morning when the call rang across the tops of the trees from the direction of their closest border. It was so interesting, so familiar of a call that it almost made the Elite jolt up out of her position too suddenly. But she minded her stiff muscles and eased up a bit. Though the cold temperature of winter did not bother her, it seemed to make her muscles a little tighter than usual. If she stretched once a day or so, however, it would go away. Turning straight to the direction of the source, the fae bounded off. It was slightly unnerving to recognize a howl at the border. Fel charged off with the intention of battle in her mind, her muscles rippling rhythmically under her thick hide to prepare themselves.

Fel did not lurk too long in the shadows or come out in the slow, neutral fashion that she usually did. No, the brute-like fae rushed out of the brush like a freight train, her tail high in the air. And that is when the Elite had a déjà vu moment. This was the same fae that Fel had accepted into Erenyx, Caretaker Emily. The idea that an Erenyx wolf came to join them was just as reasonable as the idea that an Erenyx wolf came to scout their territory out to later attack them. Being the only other high-ranking wolf in the pack besides Desmond, it was Fel’s duty to do her best to protect her pack from such invasions and to keep everything running operationally. Because of this, Fel slowed down, stalking over to Emily with a lumbering stride. Her broad snout contorted into a snarl and her hackles raised threateningly. This was not normal behavior for Fel, but she needed to send the message across. Despite the appearance, she was still as level-headed as always, not attacking the fae because of any hatred for Erenyx. No, this confrontation would involve the security of her pack, according to Fel.

In a commanding tone, she barked, “You have mere seconds to tell me why you’re here, and I suggest you speak the truth. I will not tolerate any Erenyx scouts or invaders.” The words faded into a menacing growl. If Teren had indeed sent this caretaker to bring back news, Fel would certainly give her enough to show him. If, however, this was not the case, her passive doctrine would once more be adopted.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2015, 18:18

She heard the paws far too quickly. Like thunder, the pounding echoed in her head, bouncing off her skull almost painfully. Who would come and meet her this time? Last time it was Fel, the Elite who never seemed to relax her always-tense muscles. Emily had experienced her power first-hand, and it was a terrifying memory that stayed with her.

Finally the Avagos wolf emerged through the shadowed trees. Emily immediately got to her paws and shrunk backwards, as if the fae would crash into her, even though the pack wolf was slowing down. Emily's ears instantly folded to her head, her eyes tightening in fear. It was Fel. The black fae's words attacked Emily like swords. Emily stuttered over her words. Come on! You have five seconds you dummy! a voice hissed at her.

"I-I, I'm not from Erenyx! I mean, I am, but I'm not with them anymore!" Her voice shook with terror. Please don't hurt me... "Fel, it's me Emily! You accepted me into Erenyx, remember? I-I'm running away from them. I keep dreading the day when I get harmed for remainly loyal to Teren..." She trailed off, shaking in her submissive stance at the memories of the terrible things the Alpha did.

She awaited the she-wolf's response, stealing a glance over her shoulder automatically. Was anybody coming after her yet?
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2015, 18:03

((Sorry it's short. I'm in a rush.))

Though Fel was just about ready to attack the familiar Erenyx fae, the utter terror displayed by her made the Elite’s growl die down. Her hackles lowered, and her snarling lips returned to rest. Emily was a refugee, not a threat… At least not yet. In a much calmer voice, though still firm, she explained, “You’ll have to forgive me for that. I believe in ‘hostile until proven otherwise.’ I remember you, Caretaker Emily, but all I needed to know was that you were from an unfriendly pack that is very likely to attack our members for leaving. I see you have come to be one of us, correct?”

The raven fae looked over Emily’s trembling body, equally tempted to pity it and attack it. She did neither. “If you were accepted into Agavos, how am I to know you would be loyal to us? With this beginning pack as small as it is, I’ve no tolerance for dissidents. I expect you will offer your capabilities as a caretaker, but how are we to trust you?” The Elite caught Emily’s nervous glances backwards, and kept a watchful eye on the direction from where she came. Then she finally noticed – or cared to notice – that the fae’s pack scent was masked by the stench of carcass. After a few moments of contemplation, she added in a tone that was laced with hints of a growl, “Did you leave a scent trail on your way here, or did you only recently mask your pack odor?”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2015, 15:41

Sorry, a bit long. Also, my apologies for the wait!

Emily cowered on the ground, trembling so much that she almost lost her balance in her crouch and fell onto her side. But somehow, her terror kept her feet rooted in place. Wide forest green eyes stared in ultimate horror at the black fae until her fierceness died, hackles lowering and her lips fell back into place to cover the terrifying fangs that hid underneath. And then Emily did almost fall over. Since when does an Elite apologize to a Caretaker? she wondered, dumbfounded.

She nodded, unable to accept the amend the higher ranked fae had proposed. Emily could imagine that the Avagos wolf would believe in the saying "hostile until proven otherwise". Emily did too, but usually it only took a few seconds to sort them into the enemy or friend categories. Fel was different though. She was difficult to figure out... Emily wasn't sure whether or not to cower whenever she was within a mile of her, or to go loping up to her with a grin so huge it would stretch across all three pack territories.

Emily gulped, trying to get a hold on reality enough to reply to the Elite. "I know that Erenyx is highly unfriendly, but I know that I am loyal enough to throw myself at their feet and sacrifice myself to protect the pack I am tied to, which is no longer Teren's pack, I swear it on my dead body." Surprised at how much truth and confidence her words held, it gave her a little hope to hold on to. She almost rose to her full height, but she didn't dare, knowing how powerful Fel was, and a heck of a lot bigger than the former Erenyx wolf.

"Trust me when I say that I wouldn't have risked my life to come here to not remain loyal. The main reason why I'm here, along with another, is that I don't want be under Teren's rule. He's arrogant and murderous, vicious and violent. I'm not that way."
she said, her voice laced with honesty. What other motivation did Emily need to escape from the Alpha who killed to get to his position?

The bigger raven fae was quick to notice how Emily obviously tried to hide her scent. Not expecting a wolf who knew her, she might have gotten away with it. But the two black wolves knew each other from another encounter similar to this, just at a different border. Emily was taken aback by the Elite's words. She hadn't even thought about masking the trail. There was no easy way out: lie and pray that the Avagos fae believed it, or tell the truth and risk getting cast back to face Erenyx. She didn't want to do either, so she did a little of both. "As I said before, I would throw myself in the way of a battle to avoid fighting between packs. Besides, it would be me they wanted."

Knowing Teren, he would be in for the pack's blood bath rather than the single wolf's blood being spilled... she thought, shivering.  She wouldn't say that aloud though. She couldn't give the fae anymore fuel than she already had...
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 20:00

At first, as she listened to the fae’s hollowly confident words, Fel felt almost inclined to be impressed. But she wasn’t. The Elite doubted that this meager caretaker would be one to stand in the front lines during a fight. Seeing how she had cowered even before her own self, Emily would likely turn tail and run for cover if it came to true battle. The words of allegiance continued, but the ebony ears of the larger wolf flickered at the sound of a slight deviation. Along with another. In a sharp snap, she interrupted her, “What other reason then? I should know the whole truth if I am to allow you refuge and membership…”

Fel waited for the other’s response to the more important question. The reply, being as unsatisfactory and half-assed as it was, sent a rising line of fur across the mountain wolf’s back. Her eyes narrowed for a moment, comprehending what it all must’ve meant. A wolf who was smart enough to mask their trail would have openly admitted it, and a smarter idiot would have at least honestly told her the truth. This wolf only beat around the bush. Fel allowed a low growl to rise from deep within her chest. In a disgusted voice, she snarled for a valid response, “Do you take me for a fool, or are you the epitome of one? You dare withhold information from me, and attempt to answer my questions indirectly? Why should I let you into a pack for whose security you have no interest in?” Baring her teeth, she stepped closer. “Think within that tiny little head of yours, and tell me whether Teren would be satisfied with just your idiotic pelt draped along his den. If that were so, I’d deliver it to him myself.” Huffing out finally, her gaze trained upon the spine of the other’s neck, she finished, “You have a moment to tell me the truth. The whole truth.” The fae before her was currently a threat to her pack’s security. That was it. That was all that mattered to Fel.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2015, 15:20

Emily could only stare. She felt tempted to show the Elite how she wasn't a coward, and was simply trying to show respect, but she didn't dare. "It's a long story, but to cut it short, I met a wolf a while ago, and they recently moved to this pack. They were the only friend I ever had, and I just wanted to feel that sense of belonging for once," Emily said. If Fel wished to hear the entire story, beginning to end, then they might very well camp here for the day, maybe into the night. She could tell about Faola and Noble, maybe even Rose. Would the Avagos fae listen?

Taking in the fae's words, Emily shook her head. "Of course not! I think you are a very powerful and independent wolf. You could probably lead your own pack with hardly any trouble. Not to mention your high rank, which clearly you deserve." There wasn't a trace of sarcasm, it was the absolute truth. "I told you, it's a terribly long story! I met someone, we got to know one and other, and they accepted me for me, without a hint of doubt, whatsoever! I didn't mask my trail here, okay? I rolled in a dead rabbit late last night, but I didn't hide the trail." Emily was almost trembling with both fear and anger. Was she to be blamed for every mistake she had made since her first breath?!

"Teren is a monster, and that's why I left. I know that he won't be satisfied. He never will. He could kill every wolf in the entire planet and he would still hunger for blood. I left him because I wouldn't be responsible for some of that death. I couldn't handle it. Killing is definitely not for me."

Emily shivered as the she-wolf looked at the former Erenyx caretaker's neck. She wants to kill me... Emily thought miserably. At least I will have died trying...? She tried to make herself feel better, but there was no way to do it. She was frozen, staring at the ground. "I went to some falls in Erenyx territory, I forgot what they were called. I met someone there, who came crashing into the water like a fool. I laughed, and they came to meet me, and we talked and talked for what seemed like ages. Then we departed, and I didn't hear anything from them after that. That's the story without the details, which would take forever to explain. I could probably recall every word, but you would get bored extremely quickly. I assure you, that's all there is to it..."

Freezing fingers of fear traced Emily's back, up and down her spine. It was almost like a caress, the welcoming gesture to death. Is there any hope that I could live from this? Any doubt that I wouldn't be killed with the claws and teeth of this Elite? There was no answer to her questions, except the terror that crawled through her. Like ice.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2015, 20:37

“For all I know, you could just be following a male you fancy in the strongest time of your heat. Perhaps Erenyx males didn’t feel impressed by your position,” Fel snapped after her story. The Elite herself had not felt the desire in years, having a general disgust for even the idea of a ‘mate’ let alone the implied consequences of having one. It was never truly her wish to bear children, and now hers might as well be dead. She hadn’t seen them in years.
---
As she looked down upon the neck of the other, she truly considered it. Getting rid of this idiot and dropping her along one of Erenyx’s outer territories… finding something to hide her in until she rots and someone of the other pack finds her. Unfortunately, Fel knew that she would still leave her scent upon the corpse. There was no way to win easily. Glaring down at the other, Fel silenced her snarl to a calm, sinister tone. Her words slid across the air like ice upon a frozen lake, chillingly smooth. “I will not accept you into this pack as a Caretaker. You have lied to me upon this border and have avoided answering questions that pertain to the safety of this pack. For now, you shall bear the lowly rank of omega until you prove yourself worthy of otherwise.” Craning her head down, she brought the fae’s face even closer to her barely moving snout. “I shall be watching you closely. If you dare do anything suspicious, I will reprimand you. Do anything treacherous… And I will make you regret leaving Erenyx.” Straightening up suddenly, she stepped past the fae, heading out away from the border. “Make sure that this is the last idiotic mistake of yours I ever have to cover up for,” she snapped back at her in disgust. “Now go find the pack clearing, and make sure every wolf you speak to knows what you are and why. Or stay here and freeze. I care not.”

((You do not have to reply to this if you do not wish. Please change your name to Omega Emily (this is only temporary) and click the "RANKS" button at the top of the screen, then request to join the Agavos pack.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Risks to Be Taken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risks to Be Taken Risks to Be Taken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Risks to Be Taken

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Agavos :: Agavos Border-