Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lonesome Hunt (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

Lonesome Hunt (open) Empty
PostSubject: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 18:28

A fair amount of time had passed since her birth and the fae quickly regained her strength. Desmond had "bestowed" upon her the pure delight of raising six offspring all by her lonesome. Four were male and two faes, all minded her and listed though some needed more correction than others. Up until now none had questioned their origins, nor had they asked about the three packs near by. The fae would cross the bridge of answering her brood when it came to it, perhaps when they were older. Her sire had done as was told of him and fed her well and when she could tend to herself he simply vanished, talk about the romantic type. It didn't upset the one eyed rogue, for sh had never been interested in the male in that way. She got what she wanted from him and now it was up to her to raise her little family to prosper out here.

That morning Oltulysa had awoken early, informing the pups she was going hunting and to stay close to home. Hoping most would obey her she set out after some hares, her stomach growling from the days days lack of time to hunt. Scenting a group of hares the fae wandered into this new area, interested by the sights and pathways it had. Never having been here before she took time to explore, keeping her scenses on keen alert for others in the area or the call of her pups that something was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Evalynn
Rogue Evalynn

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 21:51

Evalynn hadn't heard her mothers command to stay close to home, so instead she decided to follow the beautiful she-wolf. Her tail swayed with a wag as she stayed a good distance behind her mother. Her paws touched the ground lightly, shifting ever so slightly so she may not make a sound and alert her mother that she was behind her. She breathed in the strong air, it was fresh and she felt bitter towards the weather for being so nice. Her honey brown eyes scanned the area as her mother slowed down and scented the area. To avoid detection, she moved into the tall grass and crouched, slowly pushing herself forward so she may see what her mother was searching for. She moved the wrong way and a small hare went bounding towards her mother and then charged the opposite way. "Oops..." She mumbled quietly and then decided her cover was blown, so she slowly crept from the tall grass and bounded over to her mother with her tail tucked between her legs in respect. "Hullo mother! What ya doing?" She wagged her tail and looked up with a quirky smile upon her maw. She shifted so she may be quiet, smelling something rather odd in the direction that her mother was posed. Her ears rolled forward and she could only think about what her mother was seeing or hearing, as she heard nothing of interest. She moved around her mother to the other side to see if that would help, but it was of no use and so she gave up. She reached up and tried to grab the she-wolf by the ear to initiate play. Her quirky smile was still upon her face but slowly faded away as she thought about her siblings. She only trusted a few of them, mainly she was 'mothers pet' in the term that she adored her one-eyed mother. She shrugged slowly and shifted from paw to paw, still trying to gain all of her mother's attention. Her thoughts went to Ulisse and her other brother for a moment, the ones she completely trusted. She despised her other siblings. She liked to be adventurous and explore new lands. She slowly looked behind them, as if she were being followed... her paranoia slowly kicking in from standing still. Her ears flicked irritatingly and slowly a growl rumbled in her chest as she thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 20:16

Peace and solitude were quickly replaced with noise and company when the rogues young female pup wandered into the field with her. Not feeling cross with the sudden company Oltulysa smiled down at her daughter and gave a playful stare that tried to act stern. "And just what do you think you're doing out here little miss? I thought I told you to stay home and behave yourself? Oh well now that you're here I might as well show you what I'm doing." She said, leaping over the young fae and running into a clump of bushes. A loud scattering sound followed and soon a small rabbit exploded from the under brush. Running at it the fae leapt at the rodent and caught it by the back legs. Without killing it instantly she merely wounded the rabbit to slow it down before setting the bunny down to anchor it with a paw to its back. "Now dear mom is hunting to get us some food. This is a rabbit, what we had for dinner last night. I'm going to let it go and I want you to chase it then jump on it and break its back or bite its throat. That will kill it and turn it into food." She explained to her daughter.

Unsure what Evalynn would do in this situation Oltulysa simply let the rabbit go to see what would happen. Even if she missed the wound she inflicted would slow it down enough to re-catch, then she could keep trying until she got it right. She didn't feel sympathy for the rodent, for it was vital that Evalynn know how to hunt. In a way this rabbit had a higher purpose then just food, it would be her teachers assistant on this day.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Evalynn
Rogue Evalynn

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2015, 19:59

Evalynn watched her mother with curious honey brown eyes. She listened to her mother speak and let a slow shrug show that she wasn't sure. "Oh mother! I didn't hear you say for me to stay home, I just thought you meant the others!" She giggled innocently, lying. She hadn't heard her mother at all, but she thought a little innocence could help weasel her way out of trouble. She blinked, making her face seem so sweet. She wagged her tail as her mother leaped over her and ran into a clump of bushes. She watched curiously as her mother caught the rabbit, but didn't kill it. She had been about to question it when she decided to just listen and wait. Her ears roved forward and she tilted her head in the direction of the one eyed fae. She wagged her tail as her mother explained what exactly she would be doing. She squirmed with excitement. Her body shifted closer to the ground like she had seen her mother do, and then she charged after the rabbit that bounced away with decent speed for being injured. Her paws shifted the wrong way across the dirt, making her stumble as she tried to leap through the air and land on the little beast. She missed. She opened her jaw and snapped at the little thing in hopes of catching some part of it as she slid across the dirt. The little rabbit seemed to taunt her and just hop away. She pouted and looked to her mother, her eyes sparkled with sadness. She hadn't been able to catch it and now it was hopping away. She squirmed to her paws and bounced after it, snapping her jaws at it once more before finally giving up and stopping. She twisted her head to look at her mother before looking at the ground as if she were ashamed of herself. She shook her shoulders and slowly peered around them, the voices in her mind bugged her. Fail! Fail! Fail! Mommy's little girl is such a failure! Can't you do better? Or are you just a little weakling!? She grumbled to herself and mentally shook the thoughts from her mind. The voice annoyed her, but it was right. She was a failure and now she felt more ashamed since her mother was so graceful and she was not.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2015, 05:34

As her daughter explained herself the one eyed-fae rolled her remaining orb. "I'm quite certain when I asked you to stay home I meant you and not just your siblings. Oh well, no harm done just mind me next time." She explained before the exercise began. At first Evelynn dove after the rodent, but as the chase became more difficult she saw that she was getting frustrated and stopped all together. Frowning at her commitment to this Oltulysa walked over to her. "If you give up that easily you will be a very hungry fae some day. You must keep trying for prey won't just kneel down before you to be slain. Don't just run straight at it either try to dodge around and get it mid-turn. Try again." She explained motioning towards the lame rabbit who had paused about ten yards away from them. Learning to hunt was a important subject to teach her daughter. Without it she would starve and never survive out here for Oltulysa couldn't provide for her forever.

Sitting back on her haunches she would watch her daughter try again at this lesson. Her ears were perked for any approaching danger or the distant howls from her young. Many dangers were out here for pups and adults alike. Coyotes, eagles and snakes were among those who would do harm to a wolf, as well as not-so-right rogues in head.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Evalynn
Rogue Evalynn

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2015, 17:24

Evalynn shivered slightly from excitement. She wasn't in trouble, but her mother wanted her to catch the rabbit. She listened to the advice the one eyed she-wolf gave her. She wiggled her but, wagging her tail and bounding over to her mother. "But mother..." She complained. Her eyes blinked slowly, and she sighed, moving towards the rabbit very slow like. She inched around behind it, her body lowering to the ground and her legs stretching before her. She breathed calmly, her ears roving forward as she moved. She waited until she was a few feet away and the lunged forward, her paws scraping against the ground. Her jaw opened as she dodged around to the side it darted. She clasped the small beast in her maw and tightened her grip. She placed a paw upon it's back and pulled until she heard a snap. She wagged her tail and lifted the small beast to bring it back to her mother. She bounded over quickly and dropped the messy kill before her mother with great pride. "Mother look! I did it!" She beamed with joy and smiled warmly. She looked up at her mother, seeking for approval of any kind. She looked down at the smaller being, her eyes searching the limp corpse. "Did I do alright Mother?" She tilted her head, ears roving forward to listen to what the she-wolf would say. Sure her skills would need some work, but she was doing pretty well for her first hunt. She liked hunting, but she wanted to learn about sparring and herbs. She wanted to be able to fight well enough to protect her mother and siblings.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2015, 07:37

The rogue watched as her daughter again went after the rabbit. Her determination improved and soon she had caught the beast. Ending it's life quickly her daughter happily trotted towards her and dropped what was left of the rodent at her feet. "The first thing I will teach you Evalynn is that as wolves we hunt with pride.We take life to sustain life and we do so with dignity. We take life swiftly and enough not to induce suffering. Yes I did wound the rabbit prior, but only to aide you in catching it. Most times our prey must be killed swiftly and quickly. One only wants a quick death, nothing drawn out for that's how we wolves would like our own deaths." She said, sitting in front of her daughter. "Since you grasp the basics of the killing move we shall move to unwounded prey for you. Go over in front of those bramble bushes there. I will go around behind and stir up some pheasants, they will fly at you so when one is a few feet over head jump up and grab it by the wing or feet. Kill it quickly, but not enough to mutilate it for they are more fragile than rabbits. Go." She commanded, walking off a ways.

Oltulysa walked off a ways, giving Evalynn enough time to get into position. Hoping she would be quiet the one eyed fae stalked at a clump of brambles. Looking at the base she could see the coloring of a good sized bird, so she lunged at the bush head on. From the dips of pine boughs the bird would be forced to fly straight out and at her pup who should be waiting for it. Barking loudly she charged and a flurry of feather erupted from the brambles. "Get it Evalynn!"
Back to top Go down
Rogue Evalynn
Rogue Evalynn

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2015, 20:52

Evalynn breathed with excitement, as her mother rambled on about pride. But why not toy with your prey? Suck it's life for our joy... She thought silently to herself, nodding to her mother to make sure her mother thought she understood. She wagged her tail and tilted her head towards her mother as she spoke again. Her ears perked forward and her face was full of excitement. Her tail swished back and forth, honey brown eyes watching her mother explain exactly what she was supposed to do. She instantly bounded quietly over to the brush, crouching down and waiting for her mother to tell her when. Her body shook with excitement, she didn't even hear her mother until the Quail was fluttering upwards. She heard her mother cry out something, but the ringing in her ears made it so she couldn't hear. She leaped upwards, jaws open and snapping. Catching the wing of the bird. She dragged her entire body down with great force, placing a paw on it and then snapping it's neck a bit too harshly. She grasped the kill in her jaws, holding it proudly in the air for her mother to see. She walked back to the rabbit and lay it upon the ground. Honey brown eyes shifted to see her mother. "Did I do well, mother?" She awaited for the approval, the praise. But she secretly only wanted her mother to be proud. She was learning to trust, learning to hunt and do as she was told. She waited patiently for an answer, and before her mother could give her another task, she would ask. "Mother, I want to ask a question..." She paused slowly, her honey brown eyes staring up at the she-wolf she so dearly loved. Paranoia ached in the back of her mind, but she held still as she asked. "If, you had us, then how come we have no father?" She blurted it out honestly, afraid to hold the question back any longer. She was scared her mother would punish her, as she figured that she was the only one to not know about why they didn't have a father.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 19:38

Exiting the brush at a fast pace the fae couldn't help but smile at her daughters talent for this sport. Panting from her sprint she walked up to Evalynn and smiled don at her. "Yes you did very well my daughter, that is enough hunting for today, come you may carry your prize home while I get the rabbit." She said turning to the first piece of kill. Clasping it in her mouth she heard the young fae's question and a worried look passed over Oltulysa. The pups had never asked her before about her winter 'friend" for he wasn't really their father. He was their sire, yes, but not their father. Sighing she placed the rabbit down and turned to face her awaiting daughter.

"I had wanted to talk to you all when you were older. It might be difficult for you to understand, but you must try Evalynn. Last winter before you all were born I met a rogue male who was wandering the lands. It was my time to have pups and he wanted to assist me, however he didn't want to help raise you all while you were so young. I agreed to his conditions if he fed me while carrying for you all as it would have been difficult to hunt while having so many young pups. When you all were old enough that I didn't need him anymore he left the lands, presumably to start his own pack North of here. He was a clever wolf and a superb hunter. Perhaps one day you shall meet him and can decide for yourselves whether to call him your father or just another male." She explained curious how this would effect her daughter. She hadn't thought about Desmond in some time, simply brushing him aside much as he did for her. He was merely the missing puzzle piece needed for her to have pups, nothing more nothing less. Not wishing ill wills on his Oltulysa just didn't consider him worth thinking about, though it made her wonder how her young would see him.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Evalynn
Rogue Evalynn

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 15:25

Evalynn looked upon her mother with an innocent, and confused, look upon her face. The thought of her father not caring only made her hate him. She growled slightly, her hackles raising as thoughts of anger swarmed in her mind. She calmed down shortly after her mother stopped speaking, her honey brown eyes peering up at her mother. She let her hackles drop, her growling stop, but she was clearly upset that her 'father' had done this to them. "Well, I don't like him. But, are you glad you had us, mother?" She asked, her voice quivering at the thought of her mother regretting having the young pups, especially her. "Not to be a bother, mother... but I have a few more questions, as I am curious." She flashed an innocent smile, picking up the bird and trotting closer to her mother. She set the bird down and nuzzled her mother, licking her chin in a submissive manner. "What makes puppies? How do you do it? Do you just fall in love and it happens? Also, what exactly is a 'pack', I heard there are 'packs' around here, are they scary? Do the wolves there really hate us?" She babbled on and on, finally having time to ask all the questions she had been planning on asking her mother. Curious and yet innocent. She wanted to learn everything she could, not wanting to spare a single moment for anyone else. She flicked her ears backwards, trying to listen for anything that dare interrupt them. She flicked her tail and stood close to her mother, peering up with a determined look upon her face. She wanted to know what love was, what it was like to fall in love. She wanted to know how pups were made, what made them different then the other wolves? She liked being a Rogue, it was more freedom then what her siblings had described packs to be in order to startle her. She hadn't met any other Rogues, but she was sure they enjoyed their freedom.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2015, 16:03

Oltulysa sighed happily as her daughter took in her words. She was free to form her own opinion of their sire whether she agreed or not. Not having her own distaste of the male she merely tolerated him for what he was. He got her to where she was now and she never had asked him to be anything different. "Yes Evalynn I am very happy to have you and your siblings here. It has been hard, yes, but all worth it in the end for I wouldn't trade you all for the world." She cooed as she nuzzled the pup below her. Unfortunately the peace was short lived as Evalynn then bombarded Oltulysa with questions left and right. Her eyes jumping wide open the fae choked back her saliva as her mind turned on how to answer the young wold.

"Well my dear we are called rogues because we belong to no pack. A pack is a horrid place run by one wolf who bosses everyone around. They all do his bidding and there is no time for play or rest. The pack wolves hate us because they are jealous, we get to play and run all day whereas they all have to work. They have protection from enemies, yes, but not many are very happy." She explained, her opinions coming from a life as a rogue herself. Raised by loners she herself had hardly spent any time with a pack, so her thoughts were pure about them. "Now as for pups when two wolves come to want to have a family they snuggle together in the winter. The heat they make against the cold makes pups grow in the belly of the fae which come out in the spring as puppies." She explained, hoping her sugar coated explanation would suffice for her chatter boxof a daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonesome Hunt (open) Lonesome Hunt (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lonesome Hunt (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1