Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2016, 12:45

His heart picked up slightly at her blithe nip, an earnestly elated smile brimming at his maw of its own volition. Gracious that she had accepted his offer, he padded out into the pack clearing by her side, the space between them a bit too small for a formal outing. Lifting his snout to the gentle summer breeze, he searched indistinctly for any variable prey scent, his paws subsequently leading him in the direction of the violet sanctuary at a leisurely pace. He wasn't really ever in a rush to be anywhere, and there was no sense in irritating Tatsu's cut. The early morning light filtered peaceably down through the breaks in the leaves, dappling the forest floor and their coats with shifting myriads of soft gold and shade. He heaved a contented sigh as he relished in the fresh summer air, the unmistakeable aroma of wild blooms and vigorously memorized herbs drifting about them. He had to admit, this was somewhat invigorating after working in the often muggy medicine den.

"Ah, this is spectacular." He remarked in calm exuberance, his snout roving about the placid milieu. "The heat isn't miserable yet. I might fancy getting up earlier for this. Hopefully there'll be something nice grazing about this morning too." His friendly grin brightened slightly as he recognized the unmistakeable babble of a minuscule brook, and he slowed to a halt when they reached the water, dipping his head down to lap up a few cool drinks. "A rabbit wouldn't be too hard at all, but we'll definitely have to stick to the smaller guys if we find a heard. Or the lame ones. I'm sure the pack's hunters are doing well, anyways. Zephyr's got his work cut out for him." He commented after lifting his head from the water, a diminutive stream of droplets falling from his maw. Prey seemed rather abundant this summer after the relative explosion of available vegetation the spring yielded forth. He was grateful the pack could be reliably fed, though the high density of wild life had done some considerable damage to his supplies.

He cast his companion an amiable smile before pressing on again, the combined warmth of the cresting sun and the circumstance bringing a notable spring to his bound. "So are Magnus and Chiara overworking you this season? I'm sure there's plenty you have to do." Sometimes it alluded him how highly ranked his dear friend was. Her title endowed her with numerous responsibilities, duties she was to perform in order to ensure the pack's security. For a moment, the thought crossed his mind that perhaps he was wasting her time with his presence, that he wasn't really... Important enough for her attention, but he shoved the notion aside with a casual indifference. I'm just having a meal with her; it's not like that's going to cause any trouble.
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Threads

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJune 19th 2016, 21:15

Seeing the smile that her playful behavior brought to her companion's maw, made Tatsu's eyes shimmer. No one had smiled at her like that, at least not in a very long time. It made her own heart skip a beat and her paws to tread forward with a much bouncier stride. The tips of her plush coat brushing against Samoset's on every other stride. Suddenly feeling anxious, Tatsu couldn't understand why. Her mind whirling, she took to causally glancing at her companion. Her pale eyes examining him, only to flit away whenever she thought he was looking. Her stride staying even with his as they walked amongst the golden splashes of sunshine. Her yellow eyes shining like freshly collected honey in the light, then fading to warm yellow pools amongst the shade. Secretly admiring the way the sunshine glinted in the healer's subtle brown eyes, Tatsu couldn't help but notice his sigh. Looking sideways at him her lips twitched back a gentle smile gracing them.

Nearly forgetting where they were going or there intended purpose. Tatsu almost jumped when Samoset started speaking. A flush hidden beneath her pelt. Her thickly furred brown ears swiveling to catch his gentle tone. " Indeed in is." She says in agreement. Her eyes now roving over the array of lush green grass and bright violet colored flowers. Their sweet scent filling her nostrils as the pair moved on. Tatsu nearly chuckling as Samoset contemplated rising earlier. Having never slept in past dawn, she wasn't sure she'd be able to stay in her den that long. Blinking she realizes he was still speaking and shifts her attention back onto him. " Hopefully." She says quickly, her chest feeling oddly tight as he grinned in her direction. However the babbling of water washing over land distracted the Delta. Happy to look at anything but the healer's handsome maw, she bent her broad skull down and lapped at the brook as well. Her soft pink tongue darting out to pull water into her thick maw. Teeth glinting as she does so, yellow eyes darting to Samoset's as he spoke. Her ears flickering, she lifts her head to nod. Droplets of water falling from her chin, Tatsu licks her lips. " A rabbit sounds nice." She comments, thinking of the fast little animal's succulent meat. Her belly rumbles at the very thought and she flushes. " Zephyr has been keeping the pile well stocked." She remarks in an attempt to hide her bellies disruption. " Though I doubt he'd say no to an extra bit of prey around." She leans her maw back down for a final lap of water, before quickly following after her grey furred companion.

A brief moment of silence stretching between them, before once more Samoset broke it. His question making her smile some. " Just busy enough I suppose." She says. She enjoyed having things to do. The spring had been rather slow with no wolves coming to their borders. This season she hoped to greet strangers at the borders. " Chiara spoke of expanding our territory the last time I saw her. So I imagine Xerentis and I will be sent to scope it out. It'll be nice for the pack to gain some extra grounds. Especially as we grow with the coming seasons." She rambles, relaxing into the conversation. Forgetting the awkwardness which had crept up on her. " Other than that patrols keep me busy. Fruitless as they may be at times, it's important we keep an eye out...." Her voice trails as her mind wanders to Erenyx and the massive brute who lead them. She'd met him in the flesh during the winter season. He was undoubtedly the most horrendous creature she'd had the misfortune of meeting. A true threat to all who came across him. To her home.... Blinking she realizes her thoughts were showing. A frown having taken up residence across her maw. Quickly hiding her frown she smiles at the healer. " All apart of the job I suppose..." She adds with a shrug. " How about yourself? Have you been kept busy with the warm weather? I'm sure there must be herbs to collect and patients other than myself to see to."

[ Emm not very good but here's my post >.< ]
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2016, 17:06

The male wouldn't deem himself exceptionally perceptive; truth be told, he didn't really think he was exceptional at anything at all. He knew he hadn't the capacity. But, at times, he could've sworn the delta was sneaking glances at him, and a slight grin pulled up at the edge of his maw. His heart quickened somewhat, almost as if its pace had hitched. Pride is a folly. A minuscule voice trilled sharply somewhere in the distance of his mind. He imagined it was likely Mae; he couldn't tell. He didn't pay it any heed, and instead an odd conglomeration of elation and mischief filled his head. Maybe... Perhaps he was not wasting her time as he'd presumed.

He listened as she stooped her head to drink, and after awhile he chided himself for staring to long. He liked watching her think, admired how the sunlight dappled her mottled coat. She was lovely, there wasn't a doubt there. And kind, intelligent... For a moment he entertained the question of what she'd think if she knew... Well, more about him. What he had a tendency to do, what he'd done in the past, why he had even ended up here at all. Maybe she'd understand... I mean... Everyone has lapses now and then, right? When death is looming over them? That's... That's just nature, to consider yourself first...

His meandered hoping trailed off into nonexistence, however, as he reminded himself why she had been given the rank she had, why Magnus and Chiara trusted her with it, trusted Malachai and Xerentis and Claudia and Zephyr. They were all... Different, from him. If worst came to worse, and one of their neighbors decided to attack for whatever reason he hadn't the will to truly care about, they would be the ones to stand their ground. To serve their pack, their compatriots, the alphas. They knew the price of their own lives, and they were willing to pay it, for their duty, for their honor. For others. She had proved that, when she caught the scout, patrolled the borders for intruders. He'd simply had trouble guaranteeing his loyalty to Magnus when he accepted him. It wasn't that he'd put an enemy's desires before his pack's, it was moreover... That he'd put himself before anyone, or anything.

He swallowed as they continued forth, his sense of charisma dying somewhat with the onset of his shame. No, she wouldn't accept that. And she'd be completely right not to.

His cordial grin remained settled placidly over his face as he listened to her describe her various responsibilities and how she felt about them, for now, simply satisfied to have her company as is. His amiable disposition softened somewhat as he noted her brief lapse in speech, a cowardly tremor writhing like a snake through his stomach as he slowly gathered the reason for her concern. There was certainly trouble on the horizon, it seemed. Still, he grinned demurely nonetheless, nudging her flank gently in a friendly manner. "Expanding the territory? Sounds like an adventure. I've wondered what's further south of here, sometimes. I actually met a... Well, a canine, from Agavos, who claimed she'd come from a different land mass altogether, across vast expanses of water." His tone was mystic, in a stupidly jovial kind of manner, he supposed. He laughed softly beneath his breath, his speech light. "She was a friendly Fae, but it seems near unbelievable to me. She said in that land, the seasons functioned entirely in reverse. I guess you just never know until you've seen it. Any ideas of what you're expecting out there? I imagine it must be treacherous, though, I don't think that ought to faze a wolf like you one bit." He smiled earnestly as he turned his snout to her, his light brown eyes gleaming with a soft sincerity. He wanted her to forget her troubles just as much as he wanted to forget his. Running as opposed to confronting was his style, after all.

He heaved a short, contented sigh at her inquiry, a calm smile evident on his maw. "It's been a bit slow, I'll admit. That's a great thing, that no one's really been seriously hurt, but all the little critters coming out this season have been damaging quite a bit of the wild herbs. It's not a lethal problem, I mean, can't really stop them. Just a bit of an annoyance." He paused for a moment as the trees gave way to completely open space, the cresting sunlight casting long shadows behind their close forms. Another scent was clearly intermingled with the idyllic fragrance of violet and mint, something warm and earthen, and a mischievous smirk bloomed on his jaws before he offered his companion a coy glance. "I think we're in luck, Miss Tatsu. Smells like a rabbit warren, up a little ways from here. Maybe we'll have a bit of revenge for my stores."
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2016, 18:05

Tatsu wasn't sure but she could of sworn she caught Samoset staring at her. Those subtle brown eyes making her feel like her insides were melting. Knees wishing to give out beneath his every glimpse. It was a feeling she didn't understand or perhaps one she just didn't want to understand. Cause that meant it was real, and once something was real she knew feelings would follow. Feelings were dangerous they were what had caused her so much pain In the past. What had caused her whole world to go crashing down around her ears. Huffing Tatsu had shoved all her feelings aside in order to speak with Samoset.

Although soft her tone didn't give away her internal struggle. Instead she lost herself in the conversation, glad to see Samoset listening with his ever so gentle smile plastered on his handsome maw. Her heart only leaping into her throat when the brute chose to nudge her flank comfortingly. Causing her pale yellow eyes to briefly meet his and her fur to grow hot. Shivering some she forces herself to smile like nothing had happened and listen to his words. Despite how interesting his choice of topic was Tatsu couldn't find the normal amount of interest she should of had in it. Another land? Strange weather patterns? These were fascinating yet they seemed boring. Pale in comparison to the brute who stood beside her. " An interesting tale this fae told you..." She murmurs, trying to imagine a land so far away. " Guess we'll never really know whether it's true or not though..." She muses voice trailing.

At his comment, she looks up as if startled. " Oh.." She laughs, a soft trill of a noise. " Of course not, all in a days work for me... I suppose." She admits, lips peeled back in a soft smile. Her pale oculars trying not to stare into the brown depths of the healer's. Mind once again wandering she forces her thoughts back to his inquiries. " I saw a lot of different lands in my time as a loner. If they are anything like that I am sure they will be exciting and full of surprises. Both good and bad..." She remarks shrugging some. She didn't fear things like unknown territory. No her feelings were far more terrifying than anything in the physical world. Especially when Samoset kept turning that gaze of his onto her, the softness in his eyes almost too much to handle. She eventually had to look away, pretending to chew an itchy bit of her forelimb.

Listening as Samoset talked about his profession Tatsu allowed her eyes to wander. Taking in the beauty of the world around them in an attempt to distract herself. Her skull nodding a little at his words. " Well if there is ever anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask." She offers, her gaze turning on him. Sincerity gleaming in the depths of her pale yellow oculars. Sunlight pouring down on her as they broke from the shade into the light. Her nose catching a hold of the scent of rabbit moments before he spoke. Her tail sweeping the air as he smirked at her. " Great I'm in the mood for a little revenge." She says with a chuff, her body dropping into a stalkers crouch. Her voice dropped to a whisper. Mouth nearly watering at the idea of succulent rabbit meat.

[ Apologies for leaving you hanging. ]
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2016, 10:47

His grin took on a coy air at her acceptance, his confidence gradually expanding. Sufficient meals were far easier to come by in the spring and summer, though occasional droughts could often times present an impediment. Pyrvanthros was not seriously afflicted, and he silently envisioned are target that was oblivious and slow, swollen with the abundance of the warmer months. For all the eating these nuisances do, we'd better snag something filling.

The soft, warm breeze blew gently over them, and he was quietly thankful they wouldn't have to drastically adjust their position. He was never quite as skilled as Ama at such tasks; her elusive nature made her quite the skilled unseen assassin. Her brother was a romping disaster whose heavy paws could be heard from a day's journey off, but in his trained compassion he never dared make a comment on it. Not that ever hindered Argo from knowing, or inexplicably resenting him for it.

The pair lied in silent wait among the arching meadow grasses, and he was plenty aware of their close proximity. His focus flicked over to her frequently, and he couldn't help but wonder what she expected of him. He believed she was likely as skilled a hunter as she was a warrior; most pack wolves were. There were quite a few healers, like Raven, however, who had devoted all of their time to developing a single skill, and subsequently relied on others to complete other necessary tasks. While he wasn't much greater than mediocre, he could hunt, and more than that he wanted to show her he could. Right, I can hunt and heal, but... There's still something I really can't do.

His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed a round brown figure scamper fleetly out of the concealment of a burrow, and he lowered his head somewhat as he watched the oblivious creature emptily begin to nibble away at a strand of-

"Oh, come on. There's so much grass here. Why go straight for the tansy?" He mumbled almost irately to himself before turning his snout towards his companion, a sly grin falling on his maw. "Well, at least it's distracted. One of us could hop out and startle it so it heads back to the burrow, and the other could grab him just before he slips inside. Sound like a plan?"

Sorry for the lateness!
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2016, 12:33

Despite the lure of fresh prey so close by, Tatsu found herself distracted. She could feel the eyes of her companion as if they gave off heat when they glanced in her direction. Her pelt feeling rather warm already, tingled in a nervous manner. Completely aware of just how little space stretched between herself and the healer. His warm body and beating heart distracting her keen senses. The sounds of his soft breathing, the allure of his unique scent. All made Tatsu's head a bit foggy and distracted. Remembering what Delta Xerentis had taught her, Tatsu closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath she focused on the sound of her own breathing. Until after several moments, she succeeded in drowning out Samoset completely. Releasing a soft breath, she opened her eyes once more. Pale eyes catching the swift movement of a plump brown creature. Her thick ears perking as Samoset spoke, his voice sounding exasperated by the creature.

Suppressing a chuckle, Tatsu refocused on the rabbit. Remaining hidden amongst the meadow grass beside Samoset until he spoke again. Revealing a plan, turning her head towards him. Tatsu closed the distance between them far more than necessary. Her broad head inclining towards him, until the whiskers on their maws nearly brushed. Fighting to keep her heart beat in check, Tatsu nods her head. " I'll flush him out." She murmurs, her soft breath tickling the healer's face. The tips of her fur brushing ever so slightly against Samoset's grey pelt as she slid forward. Catching her breath, which she hadn't realized she had been holding. Tatsu once again clears her mind. Blinking she zeros in on their quarry. Determined not to allow whatever feelings this brute was stirring inside her, to ruin their hunt. She presses each paw down with delicate precision as she creeps closer to the oblivious plump creature. His intoxicating smell now playing with Tatsu's senses, teasing her. Looking back to Samoset, she nods as a signal for him to prepare himself, before sneaking around to where she could leap from her position. Pausing Tatsu bunched her muscles, then leapt into the air. Her large heavy body crashing into the ground behind the rabbit, giving the small critter quite the scare. Causing it to shoot forward as planned, straight towards it's den and her hidden companion.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2016, 17:17

His heart rate picked up significantly as she leaned closer into him, his sly smile broken by a coy chuckle. He nodded listlessly at her offer, for a moment mesmerized by the lambent pale yellow of her eyes, before he swiftly shook himself from his stupor. Right. Stay focused. He had a job to do and their eating relied on him doing his part. He didn't want to fail her, and by contrast he cared greatly; he wanted to impress her, even more than he did the rest of his peers.

He slowly crept off in the opposite direction of his companion, heading as quietly as possible for the rabbit's subterranean dwelling. He supposed now would have been the opportune time to possess a brown pelt, more like Tatsu's, to better meld with the bracken and wood and soil, but he assumed if he held his body low enough, he would remain unseen. He halted once he reached the den, crouching so low among the wild grasses that his stomach was virtually pressed against the ground. He parted his maw slightly, the enticing aroma of live prey making his mouth water, and the edge of his maw twitched up into a self affirming smirk. It'll come straight to me... Easy.

He took silent notice of Tatsu's nod, and he tensed in quiet preparation, his breathing low and long. He smirked triumphantly as she burst from the underbrush, driving the plump, diminutive creature straight back to the supposed security of his den. He waited in excited restraint for it to come within his range, his light brown gaze narrowed with an indomitable confidence. Now! He launched himself forward, jaws agape, just as the fleeing hare began to descend into the dark underworld it called its home. Unfortunately, something had unknowingly wound itself around his front paw, and his reach was swiftly impeded as he was abruptly snagged from underneath. Subsequently his jaws only managed to close around the animal's back paw, and it squirmed and scrambled in futile anguish against his grip. The rest of his body had fallen flat beneath him, knocking the wind from his chest and momentarily disorienting him. He pulled the catch in towards his free paw in an effort to corral it, and it nearly jumped free of his possession as he briefly attempted to move his jaws up into its neck. This occurred twice more before he was finally able to sink his teeth into its throat, and he held down like a vice until the quivering body hanging from his maw finally ceased its fruitless fight. He set the cadaver down before sheepishly attempting to free his paw from whatever had entangled him, a sharp, abashed sigh leaving his jaws as he discovered his flesh had become ensnared in a bramble vine. He swiftly went about pulling thorns with his teeth, hoping desperately he could rid himself of the embarrassment before Tatsu could arrive and ask what happened. "Well, uh... That was definitely not... My best catch..." He remarked as he finally broke free of his captor, a semi pained smile plastered on his expression. Stupid, what was I thinking? I wasn't even cautious enough to look where I was putting my paws?
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2016, 19:06

Tatsu cringed a little as she landed. Her shoulder wound of earlier had been all but forgotten in the heat of the moment. Now however she felt a twinge of soreness shoot through it. Hiding a muttered curse word, Tatsu closed her eyes. Taking a soft breath, she mentally scolded herself for being so careless. Not only that but she'd managed to do so in front of the very wolf who had told her to 'take it easy.' So much for that, she thought. Biting her lip to curb the pain Tatsu lifted her skull to look around at Samoset. Expecting to see him amidst the triumphant capture of their quarry. However instead she was surprised to find him laying flat in the grass, struggling to snap his jaws around the creatures throat. The struggle lasting for several none too graceful moments until he finally managed to end its life. Puzzled Tatsu couldn't figure out what had happened until he sat up to bite at something on his paw. Suddenly feeling concerned, Tatsu padded forward. Her shoulder still smarting a reminder of her foolishness.

" Are you..." She starts to speak however, she stops when his voice cuts hers off. A pained smile flickering over his handsome maw. Something like embarrassment dancing across his subtle brown eyes. " A little rough." She admits, her pale oculars warm. Closing in on his position she finds, he was holding one of his front paws a bit funny. The remnants of some sharp thorned shrubbery laying on the ground around him. " Are you alright? I looked away only to find you well... not where I thought you'd be." She admits, eyes roaming over the dead body of the rabbit. It's alluring smell all but forgotten now. The Delta's attention too focused on the Healer. Though he appeared to be alright. Tatsu found her belly twisted with ridiculous amount of worry.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2016, 10:50

He yanked the last thorn free from his paw as Tatsu approached, a swift grin of charisma falling on his maw after spitting the impediment out. His overconfidence had somewhat dampened his suave disposition, and he couldn't help but feel a malign twinge of foolishness as he met his companion's sympathetic gaze. His jaw dripped with blood from his multitude of failed attempts to kill their target, and he swiped his tongue over his lips to clean away the excess red, its enticing taste doing little to distract him from his embarrassment. "I'm fine, just... Wasn't watching out for my surroundings. I got my leg tripped up in a bramble vine." He laughed softly in order to dispel the awkward atmosphere, his tone overtly casual. "I haven't had to hunt for myself for a few months now. I guess I'm more out of practice than I'd thought." He offered her a reassuring grin as his attention roved down to his paw, minute streams of scarlet beading like dew drops along his soot colored fur. His pelt was interrupted further up his foreleg where the extensive burn scar began, and his gentle smile subsided somewhat as his thoughts lingered elsewhere, his chest tightening with an uncomfortable knot. I wasn't looking out for my surroundings then, either. I wasn't looking out for anything.

He glanced back up towards Tatsu after a moment, and he did well to distance himself from his memories, an amiable grin quickly returning to his maw. "Here. Faes first." He remarked politely through a mouthful of fur as he offered his peer their kill, setting the succulent rabbit down in front of her before drawing back up. "You deserve it; sure gave the little guy an excellent scare. How's the shoulder holding up?" He inquired sincerely before getting to his belly, stretching his forelegs nonchalantly out in front of him while he let his hind legs lay to the side. It didn't appear as though she had reopened the wound, but he wanted to make sure she wasn't in any pain. He subsequently went about licking his lacerated paw in order to stay the blood flow, silently cursing his own ignorance and his need to waste some of his herbs on himself.
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2016, 16:32

Tatsu watched as the healer yanked a thorn from his flesh. A charismatic grin flickering over his maw as he dismissed her concern. She couldn't help but return a soft smile of her own, pale oculars on his subtle brown ones. Thick ears perking to catch his laugh which helped relax her further. The knots of worry unraveling within her belly. He is fine, she tells herself. Your awfully worried about a wolf you barely know, she thought. Shoving this uncomfortable notion aside, she nods her skull some at his proclamation. " I think we all have a tendency to get too caught up in our personal jobs. Forgetting the importance of our other skills." She says, thinking of her hunting lesson with Xerentis. She hadn't really realized how much she had needed the help until she received it. Too busy playing her role as a fighter to remember there was more to being a wolf than just fighting.

Blinking Tatsu realizes she was getting lost in her head. An all too common occurance for the fae. Her pale yellow gaze now falling on Samoset's injury. Noting the beads of blood which tricked down into his grey pelt. Then traveling upwards to what appeared to be an old injury. Before she could ask how he'd gotten it however his voice cut in. A polite invitation for her to dig in to their forgotten quarry. " Oh..." She breaths, her eyes now falling onto the plump brown creature. Nostrils flaring as its mouth watering aroma drifted to her. Glancing back up her eyes quickly fall away at his compliment. " Thanks but I think you had the hard job." She says chuffing slightly. Surprised when he inquired about her smarting wound. " It's um... a bit sore... but fine really." She murmurs not wanting the healer to fuss. She could handle a bit of pain. She had to be able to she was a fighter by nature.

As her grey furred companion plopped down amongst the grass, Tatsu sunk her teeth into the rabbit's succulent meat. Taring free one of the hind legs before allowing her muscled form to sink into the grass before Samoset. " Revenge tastes quite delicious." She jests, nosing the remainder of the rabbit towards him to try. Her powerful jaws making quick work of her meal. Tatsu licks the blood from her lips, rubbing her face against her paws to get any remaining bits. Her sharp gaze occasionally flickering over to Samoset. Quick to flicker away though if she thought he was watching.  

[ Sorry for the wait! I have an idea for another thread once we finish this one^^]
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2016, 11:38

The male's paw throbbed somewhat with a minute stinging, but he ignored it, electing to instead devote his attention to the she-wolf in his company. He chuckled somewhat beneath his breath at her remark, his disposition congenial. "I'm sure Magnus and Chiara wouldn't like that, if they want a versatile pack. They might go about putting us through more group training." He didn't really mind the idea, if it meant he wouldn't be embarrassing himself in front of Tatsu again. Although, if he was coerced into learning how to fight again, he imagined there would be plenty of humiliation in store, and, besides that... There was still something that troubled him deeply about the idea of having combative skill. Whether it was the daunting threat of causing someone else harm or being obligated to defend others if required, he was not certain.

He nodded in casual acceptance of her assessment of her wound, his concern, for then at least, somewhat satisfied. The only blood he smelled was that of his paw and their prey, so he was fairly certain the gash in her shoulder had not reopened. "A little soreness is to be expected, but if it starts getting bad, come back to the healer den and I'll give you some ragwort." He stated with an easy smile, his soft brown gaze roving observantly over her healing injury. I'll probably treat myself to some dock when I get back.

He waited for her to rip into the rabbit's plump hide before snagging a piece himself, the stringy fat of its underbelly tearing off easily. He nodded in swift agreement of her observation; the meal was worth the clumsiness, he supposed, and perhaps the other rabbits of the warren would take this one's demise as an intimidating warning. He sighed indulgently upon swallowing his bite, and it was then that he noticed Tatsu had not only been staring at him, but at the burn scar as well. The attention aroused a deep seated self consciousness, and he shifted his weight slightly, his gaze drifting down to the arching rough mark on his foreleg. "It's... Not pretty is it?" He said with a soft sigh, hesitantly deciding it was best to dispel his unease now. It wasn't like it was concealable, and he knew she had expressed concern over the scar before. "It happened a little over a year ago. There was a fire that trapped myself and my mentor. We made it out, but I had burned myself trying to help him, and he... He didn't make it, in the end."
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2016, 07:19

Tatsu couldn't help but agree with Samoset's statement. Her broad skull nodding some, a wry smile gracing her lips. " Surely not, however we're a young pack we have time to change." She remarks, thinking of all the changes that had already occurred since she'd joined Pyrvanthros. A lot of those changes having happened to her. Leaving behind her old life, her family,  joining the ranks of Pyrvanthros, starting her second chance at life, becoming a Delta, it was amazing how much could happen in the span of a few months. Blinking away her many thoughts. Tatsu is pleased when Samoset seems to accept her dismissal of her injury. Inclining her head she flickers her ears, " If it gets bad, I promise I'll come see you." She says hoping to put the healer's mind at ease. Warmth glistening in the depths of her yellow oculars. Shorter than average tail sweeping the air some. " As long as you promise to take care of your own injury." She adds, nodding to his paw before continuing to lick at her own blood stained ones.

After a short while of silence, where all that could be heard was the crunch of teeth on bone. Samoset seemed to notice Tatsu's constant glances, even if she was trying to be subtle. Quickly looking at the grass between her paws, Tatsu flushes as the healer spoke. Her eyes slowly coming back up to look at him. Gaze falling to the injury he spoke of. Surprised when he went on the explain the injury. " I didn't mean to stare..." She says quickly, feeling like she was prying.  However as he continued to speak her words trailed away. Her gaze softening, knowing little about the brute's past she could see how much this bit of his history had hurt him. Not physically but emotionally. " I'm so sorry, Samoset. Losing someone you care about is never easy." She murmurs, mind drifting to her deceased mate, Maseo. I would know, she thought a pang shooting through her heart. What would Maseo think of her relations with Samoset? Whatever these 'relations' were....?

Swallowing dryly, Tatsu decides to snag another leg from the rabbit. Her mind whirling now. Should she share something personal too? It seemed like an opening, however when it came to her past Tatsu was never fond of discussion. Swallowing a bite of rabbit which she no longer seemed to be able to taste Tatsu, glanced back to Samoset. " I..." She starts unsure how to speak what was on her mind. " I once had a mate... pups too..." The admittance made Tatsu's heart ache like she was losing them all over again. " Maseo was his name. He was killed by someone I thought cared for me..." She adds her voice nearly a whisper. Her eyes staring steadily at the bloody bit of rabbit leg that now lay between her paws. " I... guess I just want you to know that if you ever need to talk to someone... you know about your mentor. Well I'm here to listen." She says, hoping he understand what she was trying to say. " Wolves seem to think the pain goes away with time. But I've found that we only learn how to live with it. "
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2016, 06:44

He offered her a minute smile in order to ease her solemnity, though it was patent his display was little more than a brief façade. The internal turmoil of that day would never truly dissipate, and he supposed he could tolerate that concept. What he found particularly unbearable were the persistent reminders, the peculiar instances in which even the most mundane of his daily rituals were interrupted by the cloying thought of what had occurred, how he had failed to save the only family he had ever known. In his cowardice, he had plunged himself into a passive solitude, trailing the extensive world wholly alone. He was not truly orphaned, however, and the notion of the father who had so easily surrendered him was also an idea he’d much rather forget. I never even met him; it’s not like he was ever actually anything to me. No, the two had never been introduced, but he would likely never forget the instance when he caught a glimpse of him with Ama. The pair had been almost exclusively focused on finding Argo at the time, but he had noticed the gray furred brute lounging carelessly in the shadows, apparently the mate of the fae who had so thoroughly influenced his foster sibling. It was almost akin to staring at a reflection of himself.

His self-deprecating sorrow gradually morphed into a morose sympathy as she explained the circumstance of her loss, for a long while incapable of saying anything at all. He hadn’t ever known love as she had; he couldn’t imagine how it felt to lose a mate, though he doubted it was any easier than losing a parent or sibling. His stomach churned in abrupt disquiet at the idea of the pups she’d left behind. That he could, in some respects, relate to. His mother had perished in labor; her demise could be blamed on nothing but fate. But his father had cast him out, relinquished him to an uncle as opposed to sacrificing his rank. The memory stung him to the core of his bones, and a suppressed bitterness welled up towards his throat. He must not have been worth much of anything at all, if he could have been so easily discarded. He knew Tatsu likely had no choice in the matter; she didn’t deserve his judgement. ”I’m sorry, Tatsu. Truly. I…” His voice trailed off, for once at a loss for words, and his light brown gaze drifted down towards the disemboweled rabbit between their paws, his appetite slowly receding. ”You’re right. It’s never going to go away. But living with it like this… that’s almost guaranteed to drive someone crazy.”
Back to top Go down
Delta Tatsu
Delta Tatsu

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2016, 11:23

Silence, a deafening silence filled the air. It made Tatsu's pelt crawl with uncertainty. Had she spoken too soon? Read the situation wrong? Was it too early to reveal her past to Samoset? All these thoughts swirled in her mind like a poison. Causing her belly to writhe and ache. Would he turn away from her now? Consider her a traitor for leaving her family? But then as she glanced into the healer's eyes she saw not judgement but a solemn look. Relief flooded over her in waves. He simply was at a loss for words. Their prey forgotten, appetites lost. Tatsu shoved herself to her paws, her pale yellow eyes flickering over Samoset, ears set back in an almost shy manner. They only rise when he finally speaks. Voicing an apology, which she shook her skull at.

" You need not apologize. " She murmurs. " My father is the one who should be sorry..." Her voice trails and she closes her gaze momentarily. Hate, fury, rage, disgust all bubbling inside her. Like a whirling storm they threatened to consume her all over again. That was until Samoset spoke again, breaking the storm apart. Soothing her angry heart, forcing her to look at him. " I think we're all a bit crazy..." She admits. " We've just learned how to hide it..." looking down, she feels the urge to press closer to him. Yet this time she didn't fight the urge. No, instead she took a few steps in his direction closing the distance. She pushes her face into his neck fur. Relishing the warmth it gave off, the unique smells that were all his own. Afraid to move or speak, she simply stood there leaned over with her face in his scruff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone Falls Now and Then part 2 [Tatsu]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1