Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Empty
PostSubject: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 20:24

Nefarian made his way through the trees. He could hear the sounds of the leaves on the trees, and the creaking as the branches, and trunk of the trees swayed in the wind. His tongue lolled out of his mouth to cool himself off as he made his way to the territory ahead of him. He had howled what felt like forever ago, with no response. His voice was tired, and he was becoming dehydrated from the journey. He had called out so many times over the past few days, but he had never found another wolf. No packs would take him in, and he feared he was going to be a loner. His ears perked up as he smelt the scent of a borderline, and he tilted his head. He looked to the left, then the right, and shook out his fur before sitting down. He panted, his yellowish eyes taking in the surrounding area. The sun was glimmering off his fur, and it was warming him a little too much for his comfort. He jerked his head back and let out a long, low, howl. He was asking for permission to join the pack. It was as if his heart and soul were poured into the loud, and longing, but strangely soothing howl escaping from his throat. At the end, he made the octave go higher before allowing the howl to fade off. It was his signature move in a howl, something he had always done.

Fighting for a pack was not an alien concept to Nefarian. He had been a warrior, and had to kill his family, and people he loved before to prove loyalty. While, his personality over time had become a bit more evil than he’d have liked for it to, he still had a steady grasp on what kindness was. Most of the time however, he stuck to himself; he didn’t talk much and was broody. He had lost those he loved, and was alone, and while others were searching for mates, he remained mateless. To him, that was okay, for he couldn’t imagine anyone loving him for his personality. He heard twigs snap and he stood up, his fur bristling out of habit as he was ready to defend himself. He wasn’t one to back down so easily, and that got him into trouble more often than not. He just hoped he could find a place to call his home. He didn’t plan on having a family, though; it was always something he had secretly longed for. He just wanted to feel safe again. Was this the place for him?
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 20:38

Howl after howl, wolves seemed to be pouring into these lands like never before. Fenris was always happy to accept wolves into the pack, provide them with a place to call home should they so wish it, and prove to him that they would serve under him and Quinn, loyally and faithfully. Being a part of a pack was so much more than many wolves thought it to be. A pack, though more often than not, a collection of wolves from far and wide, all with different stories to tell, was a family. Perhaps not in a traditional sense, but they were a family in their own right. They would fight together, hunt together, raise new generations together, and above all, love one another. Fenris had taken to the borders once more on this day, though far later than he normally did. Duties around camp had kept him busy for a good majority of the morning, but he had finally managed to find himself some spare time.

He didn't mind accepting new wolves. The challenge of tracking down all existing members to meet them was hard enough, by accepting new wolves at his borders, he was able to get to know them, if only a little, but with a pack this size, it sure was a start. Like clockwork, a howl rang through the midday air to which Fenris methodically shifted his direction of travel to greet the stranger. As his massive form emerged from the bushes that concealed him, he eyed the male that stood before him, who looked slightly on edge. Fen came to a halt a few paces from the male, holding himself in a dominant stance with his head raised, and tail slung high over his back. "How now stranger. Thou hath called, and as such, I, Alpha Fenris, leader of Helidos, have arrived. What business doth thou seek here?" he questioned him and awaited his response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 20:51

Nefarian growled slightly as a wolf emerged, and his eyes took in the male’s form. He hunched down, as if ready to attack before the male said alpha. Nefarian instantly stopped and straightened up before bowing. He listened to the Alpha’s words, and with surprise, he wasn’t sure how to respond. The Alpha was stopping to ask his business? How, polite and thoughtful. Most had just, turned him away, or ignored him. He looked up, but not looking into the Alpha’s eyes. It was a sign of respect amongst his old pack to never look an Alpha in the eyes unless you were a trusted member of the pack. I seek food, shelter, and a home, sire. I have lost what was once mine, and am in search of another. The only thing I have to offer are my abilities in battle. My name is Nefarian, I am known as the Alpha Slayer from my old pack. He bowed again, knowing introducing his true title could easily have him turned away. He didn’t want to hide anything from the Alpha, and so, he was honest.

They call me that because I killed the Alpha and Alphess who terrorized my pack, my family, and my home. They took everything from me, sire. It was not a mindless killing. It was for revenge. Would you do me the honor of allowing me to provide my services in favor of Helidos? The Alpha’s language was an upper class tongue, and Nefarian’s was merely one of a warrior’s in his pack. He stood up from bowing, but he still held his head down. He did not even look up now, as he was at the mercy of the Alpha. Nefarian was not one to show submission, but, he could, and would always remain polite to those of higher rank. He was willing to fight for this Alpha, and his family. Nefarian tucked his tail between his legs, in hopes that somehow, the Alpha would not get mad that he was not showing his stomach. Showing his stomach as a warrior from his pack was demeaning, and disrespectful to Nefarian, but if the Alpha wanted it, in the end, Nefarian would do it. He wanted to prove he had a bit of fight in him, though.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 21:18

Fen watched as the male took notice of his presence and immediately became defensive, hunching down as if he meant to attack. But he was quick to withdraw himself into a far more non threatening position upon hearing Fenris' rank. Without making eye contact, the male who referred to himself as Nefarian, answered his inquiry without pause. He sought food, shelter and a home. All things that Fenris could offer him, but upon hearing himself say he was known as the Alpha Slayer, Fen stiffened, a low rumble formulating in his chest as he narrowed his deep amber eyes. He opened his mouth to question the male about such a title, but he was quick to begin explaining himself, a wise move as Fen did not take lightly to any potential threats.

He remained silent and gave Nefarian a chance to explain himself. Hearing how he had killed the previous Alpha and Alphess of his old pack, Fen pursed his lips, though if his reason behind doing so was true, then it was not within him to hold it against the male. "Tis either brave, or incredibly foolish for thee to refer to thineself as "Alpha Slayer" when faced with an Alpha, especially one whom thou hath beckoned in search of acceptance unto his lands." he began sternly, taking a step closer to the submissive male. "Prithee speak, and tell truth. What skills doth thou possess that woulds't make thee useful to us. With winter afoot, and our numbers a plenty, there is much to be done, and able bodies in demand." he questioned him, taking yet another step closer, sizing him up.

Last edited by Alpha Fenris on January 7th 2015, 08:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2015, 21:34

Nefarian leaned down, always lying on the ground as the Alpha approached. The Alpha’s words were right however, he was foolish to continue with that title. It’s what they called me, sire. I meant no trouble, nor harm, or even so much as a threat to your title. Alpha Fenris, sir. He then sunk to the ground, but still not showing his stomach. It was too demeaning for him, and he would not stoop to such a level. I am a warrior, Alpha Fenris. I was the head warrior of my last pack, and can prove my skills, if you see it fit. He didn’t look up at the Alpha but instead took in the male’s scent. He would remember it now, embedded in his mind and nose forever. Nef wagged his tail as a submissive dog would, fast, and clumsily, as if to beg for mercy from the Alpha. In a sense, he had already shown this by lying down. The wind picked up and Nef jumped, looking behind them in case someone else was approaching. He was jumpy, but that was what had kept him alive for so long.

I cannot prove to you by words, my ability to be loyal and an asset to your cause, m’lord. But, I can show you in time, if you would allow me to join your pack. I agree, tis’ foolish of me to keep my title, but, it is all I have ever known. Removing it now, would be taking a part of me. I am not one to lie to any Alpha or Alphess, sire. I do not wear the title with honor, but with regret. But who with the ability to stop evil, would not? He bowed then, this time rolling over to show his stomach. Perhaps, being able to be submissive here was best. If he proved too be too headstrong, the Alpha would surely turn him away. Nefarian was not against arguing over something, but in the end, he would always follow orders like a good little soldiers. I beg for your mercy, sire. Let me prove myself, at least before you just turn me away.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 09:16

As the moments went by, Nefarian seemed to sink further and further towards the ground, making himself as scarce as possible. The only thing he could possibly do to show more submission yet, would be to roll over on his back and lick at him, though such a display would not be required. He seemed willing enough to submit to Fenris' rank, despite the less than charming title he carried with himself. A warrior hm? Well, warriors were always needed, and should he so swear himself to Fenris and Quinn, then warrior would be the title he would receive, but Fen was far from done with this male. One who referred to themselves as 'Alpha Slayer' warranted extra diligence. As a heavy wind blew past them, the male jumped, an action which prompted a raised brow from the Alpha. For a warrior, he was rather skittish. It was reasonable that one would be weary upon another's border, but so jumpy? Fenris found this odd. Perhaps the male had been followed? Or maybe thought he was being followed for his actions against his last pack.

Never the less, Fen let the male continue, seeing what he would make of the silence that came from Fenris as he deliberated and sized up the male. Watching yet another display of submission as he rolled over to expose his stomach and explained himself some more, Fen let his tail lower ever so slightly before he spoke. "Rise Sir Nefarian. If tis a warrior that thou doth know, then a warrior thou shalt be, not without terms. Thou must swear thyself to the service of myself, Alpha Fenris, and my mate, Alphess Quinn, and to the pack of Helidos. We are but a family here, and every wolf within our rule woulds't gladly give thine own life were it to save another." he said simply and took a step back from the male allowing him to rise to his feet. "I have but one other condition. While no part of me wishes for thou to "remove a part of thee" as thou hath mentioned, thou shalt no longer refer to thyself as "Alpha Slayer." Shoulds't thou wish to call Helidos home, thou shalt be known as Warrior Nefarian. Helidos is a place for second chances, new beginnings and a brighter future. Not to mention, t'would reflect poorly upon mineself so allow one whom calls themselves Alpha Slayer across our borders." he added with a light chuckle. "What say you Nefarian?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 13:27

Nefarian stood, shocked at what he was hearing. The male was removing the horrid title he had been given? Nefarian would gladly remove it, but where he had come from, they would he claimed him a coward for it. Nefarian shook out his pelt and sat down, still not staring directly into the eyes of the Alpha. He let the male speak and only nodded slightly, in understanding. Nefarian never spoke unless he was asked to in an Alpha’s presence. Old habits died hard for him. Nef raised his head, staring at the nose of the Alpha and giving a bow. I would be honored to be a part of your group of warriors, sire. And, as you requested, I shall no longer refer to myself as Alpha Slayer. Warrior Nefarian, shall be my new name, sir. Nefarian bowed a low bow, remaining in that position. His muscles stretching underneath his pelt, as he did so. He closed his golden eyes and said a silent thank you to whoever might have been listening. He finally rose and slowly approached the Alpha before standing just before him, his body remaining lower than the male’s as to not seem rude.

I will never forget this kindness, sire. If you ever need anything, please, let me know. I will never be able to repay you for this. All that I am, all that I can achieve, is solely under you and your Alphess’ command, sir. He bowed once more before rising fully, he was not being disrespectful by doing this however. He wagged his tail slowly, back, and forth. Finally his curiosity got the better of him and he sniffed the air. I require water, sire. I am afraid if I go without much longer, I shall faint. Do you know in which direction I should head? He still looked away from the Alpha, not staring him in the eyes. Nefarian had always done his best to show respect for those in higher positions. He was an Alpha once, and while he was not going to ever disclose that information to anyone, he knew what it was like. Hard decisions were made, that not everyone would agree with. And commonly the Alpha and Alphess were blamed, even if in hushed whispers.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2015, 14:35

"Very well then Warrior Nefarian. Welcome home." he said softly. Helidos would grow once more today, and if things continued the way they had as of late, the days to follow would bring even more to their borders. "Thou shalt find food, water, and t'ever else thou might need should thou carry on this way." he said, pointing his nose in the direction of camp. "I still have duties to attend, or I woulds't accompany thee to camp, but alas, I cannot. Fair thee well Warrior. Until we speak again." he added with a swift dip of his muzzle before continuing on his was. His bulky legs kicked into a trot and carried his massive frame across the autumn ridden forest floor.

(Welcome to Helidos! You may now change your name to Warrior Nefarian, and have your colour changed to blue by requesting to join the Helidos group under the "Ranks" tab at the top of the page.")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hearts burst into Fire; Open Acceptance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1