Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Empty
PostSubject: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2015, 21:44

Raising his head to the gentle caress of the wind, eyes closed in apprehensive excitement for what lay for him in the day, a Wöłf, named Axel stood at the edge of an unknown territory, allowing the aroma of a forest to fill his senses. After a moment he opened his eyes, allowing a smirk to dance on his lips. Was that prey he detected? Involuntarily, his tongue slipped past his lethal, thorn sharp canines to lick his chops, and snow covered muzzle. Momentarily thoughts of his past, of when he had to scavenge, seeped through his consciousness like rain water through a crack. He reflexively tensed up at such thoughts, recalling awful tasting meals that'd managed to keep him alive thus far. He didn't wish to dwell on such thoughts, ergo he mentally and physically shook it off, by focusing on something else and shaking his head in rapid succession. His sight of focus, the forest.

Having waited long enough the dog darted forward, nose still to the air, the wind kicking up as he moved against it at an increasing rate, causing it to tickle its thin whiskers, almost tempting him to sneeze, but he managed to with hold it. Just as he was about to reach the edge of the tree-line, a new scent flooded his senses, causing him to come to a screeching halt, kicking up browned grass, dirt, and snow everywhere. What he smelled, was another wolf's scent, but not just one; it was a pack. That would equal bad news for him, if he attempted to cross the boundaries and to hunt. He weighed his options carefully, hemming softly as he thought. He could hide his scent and if he was caught could use the excuse he was just passing through. Deciding that was a good course of action, the male nods and proceeds forward.

Last edited by Axel on March 9th 2015, 09:58; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2015, 15:25

Water cascaded down his throat with each lap of his tongue. Cool and sweet, it was evident that winter had begun to arrive. It was still early days in the season of death, the snow still refused to stick to the ground. But it was there, in the puddles on the trails, in the trickle running down the tree trunks. In the dead leaves lying crushed in the dirt and the bare limbs above. Winter had come, threatening to weave its way through the protection of their coats and freeze them. This would be a time of testing for his brood. He suspected one of his litter with Chiara might not survive the harshness of the season. In his birth pack it was a common thing to see yearlings keeling over in the snow, too inexperienced to keep themselves alive. These were usually the inbreds, the mongrels. There was something wrong with their insides that couldn't cooperate with the drastic drop in temperature. They died and come spring more were born to replace them. It was the way of the world.

The last of the water fowl were milling about the stream in preparation to fly south. They'd left it rather late this year, he noted. They were easy pickings, but their flesh would only go to waste. The kill pile had been well stocked by the group of hunters that kept the pack fed. It was his custom to assist where possible, the hunters instinct was still strong within him, but it was only a drop in a lake to what the entire pack could bring in collectively. The wind changed, blowing towards him from the northern border. It carried with it a warning of a trespasser, a young male to be exact. His lips raised in an angry snarl. Who would dare cross their borders without announcing himself? An idiot was who. He took off, kicking up a trail of brown leaves behind him. His thinner, more agile form gave speed to his gait and he arrived at the source in good time. Ahead, in the sunlight was a wolf deliberately crossing his border. Her snarled and lunged at the male, attempting to knock him off his course. Upon landing he stood over the smaller male, growling lowly. "Who are you to dare cross these marked borders without permission?" Eyes of flaming gold shone with anger. He was the Alphas guardian, an exceptional fighter. This brute would do well to choose his words carefully.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2015, 15:52

Feeling the wind momentarily die out and change directions, the male proceeded a bit more carefully and kept his nose to the wind. With unknown territory came unknown challenges, some particularly dangerous ones at that. As he proceeded here the crunching of post-living auburn leaves. First his ears would swivel sharply in the direction of it before his eyes and head followed. Once the sound in question was located and pinpointed because he made no attempts to hide his prescenes the male would be able to react fairly quickly by slinking back at the older Wöłf's assult.

Moving back several tail-lengths, the tri-colored Wöłf made sure to keep Magnus in his line of sight while flattening his ears incase a fight ensued. Baring his fangs only slightly to show the male he was no complete push over he chose to answer like this," A Loner, no threat to you or your pack unless you chose to make me one." After he spoke such words he shut his jaws and lowered his head slightly. If he could he'd try to avoid a fight, because he knew , once aggrod there'd be no going back.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2015, 04:39

"Not a threat", what a laughable sentiment. Everyone is a potential threat. Magnus was not the first wolf to come to mind when one thought of a family-brute. But he held a devotion to his mate unrivalled by any he had ever seen. His pups, though he was mostly harsh, he truly loved. His sons were very much like he, strong and determined, albeit a little cocky. His daughters were very much opposites, but both held traits belonging to their mother. Where one was outgoing and ambitious, the other was more submissive and content with mediocrity. Their mother was a beautiful fighter who could be both fierce and merciful. She was also wise. If he took the opportunity, he might see some of this wisdom in his youngest daughter. But for another day. This brute was claiming submission to his superior, as well he should, but Magnus had yet to divine his purpose. "What is it you seek here then? If you will not join our ranks you would be best to leave this place now and never return. But, I will give you a chance to prove yourself to me. If you like, you could have a place among us, provided you have the necessary skill."

Magnus looked the male over once before stepping away and allowing him to rise to a more comfortable stance - showing this with a slight nod of his head. The male was shorter and a little more heavyset, not quite the typical hunters build but he was willing to be surprised. He'd like to see an able hunter join their ranks. His previous apprentice, Pain, had not taken to the training he provided and ran like a coward. The Lead Hunter hadn't been seen in some time. No matter, he was weak and ill-positioned in the rank, having ambitions above his station without fully appreciating what he had. This male seemed smarter, perhaps he could be taught. Younger minds had a much more malleable quality. We shall see...

(Ooc - family-brute would be the equivalent of family-man. Also, sorry for the shortness.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2015, 09:58

Seeing as the male hadn't taken it upon himself to rip Axel to pieces, Axel took the chance of lifting his head and meeting the elder Wöłf square in the eyes. Upon his speaking, his ears rotated forwards while he cocked his head to the side just a smidge. The last thing he'd expected to hear was an offer to join a pack. He could just say he was passing through, but the curiosity began to grow within him and leak into his judgment swaying him away from his original plan to just say he was 'passing through' . That and he doubted the male woulf let him leave unscathed if he actually said something along the lines of 'Yeah, I was actually tresspssing so I could eat your prey. No hard feelings right?' Then he'd really get to practice his defensive and sprinting skills.

"If I were to join your pack, what would I have to do to gain entry?" He asks, head still slightly cocked as he now grew calmer from his initial shock. As he asked the question, he noted the male looked battle-hardened and that he was better fed than Axel. When he scented the air before he did notice scents of prey despite the changing season. Would he ask for the Loner to hunt.. Or dare he think spar? Questions whirled through his conscious at a rampt speed, but he managed to keep it just there. His thoughts.

(00C- Gotcha and you're good. Sorry for mine. Winging it on my phone)
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2015, 00:30

(Ooc - Axel, the only speech you are required to colour is that which is actually spoken by your character. Other thoughts may be placed in italics if you wish to differentiate them from the main body of text. Also, we recommend you try to stick with one colour for speech. Also, a reminder to keep your posts to either past- or present-tense, there are a couple points where you switch from one to the other.)

The brute deliberated for a few moments, seeming to consider Magnus' offer. Magnus would never have believed him if he'd said he was merely passing through. It was the weakest excuse one could use. Teren ensured that the borders were well marked with his scent, any trespasser would do so fully aware of their disobedience. Wolf-etiquette demanded that Loners respect the borders of claimed lands. To cross these boundaries uninvited left them at the mercy of the Alpha whose pack resided within the scent markers. Some were merciful and allowed the individual to pass through. Others, like Teren, were merciless. This insult would have incurred the highest penalty: Death. The Guardian was not unfamiliar the the act of killing another, but he saw potential in this male. He could be useful to the pack if he chose his words carefully. Magnus eyed the male carefully for signs of deceit. "For now you need only answer three questions. What is your name? What were your duties in you previous pack? And why did you leave?" This truly was the most basic script for a border encounter. His answers may prompt other questions, for further clarification, but otherwise this was the crux of his curiosity. These were the things he needed to know. He would ensure this packs safety as its Guardian.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2015, 22:28

The younger Wolf perked his ears slightly as Magnus began to speak. He thought carefully about his words carefully. His mind would flash to past events of the three packs he'd been in, his birth pack included. Briefly the fragmented shambles that were his memories sequenced themselves in such away he may be able to coherently make sense of all he'd went through. Parting his jaws, he'd start with the easiest question if all; His name.

"I'm called Axel." The feral canine said with an air of confidence. Looking up to meet Magnus' gaze he seemed to have steadied himself as the look of shock and alarm left his ivory green-yellow eyes. "My job in the pack varied, but usually; I stuck to defending the pack." As he spoke his tail swished slowly to and from while his gaze seemed to search the male for any signs of a reaction." As to why I left; two pronged reason. One; I strive to get better in anyway I can. I didn't feel as though I could further myself anymore. Two; the last pack I was in was.. A distance from this land, but they came down with an illness I've never seen nor wanted to catch. It's been a few months since I've left so it's date to say I didn't catch anything."
Back to top Go down
Alpha Magnus
Administrator
Administrator
Alpha Magnus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2015, 02:35

The wintry air blew about them the last of autumns leaves. They rustled as they lumbered their way across the forest floor. He blinked lazily, inhaling the cool air. If it weren't for this wolfs call he could be anywhere. He could be hunting in the Moors or walking the trails of Frozen Fang. If he deigned to do so he could be teaching his pups a few life lessons. But instead he was here, listening to this brute validate himself. Axel, it was such a brutish name, not holding the simple elegance of his own. The old Alpha of his birth pack may have been mad, but he did have a talent for naming wolves. The Guardian kept a blank, almost disinterested face, betraying no hints of his annoyance. "If you defended the pack in the larger part of their fighting force, that would be the equivalent of a Warrior in these parts. But tell me, are you self-taught or were you classically trained?" He asked when an interlude provided itself. To follow the second piece of information - a disease - he curled a lip and lightly sniffed the air around the other male. "I am no Healer, but I know that some sickness can fester for a long time before making its presence known. If I am satisfied with you and permit you past our borders, you are to report straight to one of our Healers for evaluation. You will speak with no one, have contact with no one until our Healer has declared you safe and fit for duty. I won't have your presence here endanger this pack." He spoke coldly, with no room for his words to be contested. Should his mate be taken ill, this would be the first wolf he came after.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2015, 08:28

Axel, it's your turn to reply. If you are not going to be with us, then your account will be deleted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx  Pack  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance with the Devil?: Erenyx Pack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1