Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 13:28

The war had ended and as the wolves marched back home, they stepped around the seemingly endless dead bodies littered on the floor. They had taken a big hit to the pack. Their Alphess, his friend, was lot. Teren had won, and done exactly as he had threatened. Azul helped some make their way back home, but when they got to Helidos, he knew it would take time for all things to be right again. "Everyone, please... have a seat as there are some things that need to be discussed. As many of us know, this battle was something we were not ready for. We have lost so many lives today, starting with Lark. She was the sister of our deceased Alphess. We have also lost a very wise Elder, named Alimar. He was a kind and spoke softly. He was understanding and I wish I would have spent more time with him. We also lost Hunters, Warriors, and our only full aged Healer. As you all know, Alphess Quinn was murdered and Alpha Teren is the culprit. In time, we will get our revenge for our Alphess, but for now... We need to come together, to lean on one another, and help our friends, our family. We have all lost friends or even family. But we can grow from this. Alpha Fenris will be stepping down from his position as Alpha and since both of our Betas are no longer with us, we will be in need of a new leader. Months ago, before this war was even a possibility, I spoke with Quinn and she instructed me, should anything happen to her, who was to lead next. Now all, please pay attention, and when I say the name of our new leader, I want you all to howl and cheer, congratulate them on their new position."

[All wolves of Helidos, please post just once, then I will reveal who the new leader of Helidos will be.]
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Rose Of Helidos
Deceased
Deceased
Rose Of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots, Small Wolf (61 CM)

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 14:04

Rose shifted from paw to paw as she slowly made way from the clearing. Everything was so very hard to understand, hard to grasp. She looked at her brethren and sisters, the ones she swore to give her life to and protect their family. She huffed out a sigh as she cleared her mind and looked towards the male Elder. She recalled seeing him in the war, hadn't Quinn said this was once his pack? She couldn't recall. She walked forward, shoulders rolled back as she sat down beside the Elder, her place as Guardian... normally she'd place herself beside Quinn, but that day they lost so many. She took a deep breath and turned her head to look up at the Elder, her amber eyes searching for answers. She lowered her head slightly, as if in mourning. She didn't want to cheer on a new leader, she wanted to stand strong though. She shifted her weight to the side that was severely injured and lifted her head proudly. Even though the war was lost, they had all fought with strength and they had fought together as a family. She rolled her shoulders back and small as she may be, she felt honored to sit beside the Elder. She glanced around, hoping to see Nnlya or Eclipse. She knew the pups would see the devastation and weep. She winced as she thought about having to tell Aleu about the Betas, it would kill both of them on the inside. She sighed quietly, her eyes searching for the comfort of the brute she fancied herself to. Sitka...? Worry filled her face as she scanned the clearing for him. She would relax only when she saw he was fine. Her eyes shifted back to the previous Alpha, and she was ready to howl proudly for the new leader.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 15:13

Olive pools swept across with an unsteady gaze, the she-wolf was dazed and confused. The ground was trekked across with uneven terrain gave her that harsh memory of fallen members and opponents, all in which she wished that she took the time to understand who they were and how they fought to protect this pack and it's home. Emilia wasn't prepared and didn't want to even look back at the earth colored sanguine, she was not fit to even begin to joint forces with the others and take on one from the other side of the haze. There wasn't much obvious concerns but she decided to meet up with the others, even though her body felt shaky as she dawdled. Pivoting her receptors, Rose was beside one of the other canids from this area, by how he stood broadly and poise she identified him as the possible leader or rather another elite that was in charge after this crisis. Walking to one section his words were clear to her ears and she cuffed them back in remorse from how many lives were taken, those she never met and especially an Alphess of Helidos. Emilia sat back into a sitting position and looked over at the two for a moment, not speaking but watching. Looking forward to who would take the place as the new leader to follow and how to recover this region with the unexpected outcome of it all.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Teeku
Warrior Teeku

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Size 89cm

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 15:20

Battered, bloodied and exhausted Teeku joined the retreating crowd of Helidos wolves. He could barely remember how he'd managed to escape his fight with his life. His neck and face throbbed as they oozed blood, his black fur matted with the sticky red stuff. His back and neck were matted as well, a mixture of his own blood and that of Delta Braelyn's. He hobbled along on three of his four long limbs, his right rear limb held up awkwardly. From his tibia down it dangled in a way that made it obvious it was broken. Pain shot up from his wounds through his body, at this point however he barely felt them. His deep amber eyes were too busy looking around at the damages done. Sickened by the number of dead bodies laying around, he hurried away eyes looking down. It was hard work walking on three limbs when so used to using four, so by the time he reached the clearing with the others he was exhausted. Collapsing to the ground, Teeku winces as the motion sent new waves of pain through his body. Closing his deep amber eyes he takes a breath, letting it go he sighs. His pointy ears flickering as the voice of a brute filled the clearing. Raising his eyes to see the one who spoke he recognized the elder Azul. Listening in silence, Teeku felt a surge of emotions he didn't know how to control. This was his new home, his new family he had vowed to protect them with his life, but of course he couldn't protect them all. No lots had died, wolves he'd never even gotten a chance to meet; including the Alphess.

Numb with loss, Teeku glances around the camp. His eyes seeking the ivory white pelt of Guardian Rose, the fae who'd accepted him into Helidos. Relieved to find her alive, he scanned the rest of the crowd. It was a grim sight to behold, bloody, injured, exhausted. The pack looked like a group of ghosts more than living wolves. Holding back a whine, Teeku attempted to pay attention to Azul's speech. His heart breaking for their losses, he may not of known any of the wolves who died but that didn't mean he did not feel for them. At Azul's mention of announcing a new leader, Teeku dropped his eyes. He didn't much feel like welcoming a new Alpha at the moment. In fact it was the last thing on his mind, too many were dead. Hoping he could muster a howl, he listens for the name to be announced.
Back to top Go down
Elite Nnlya
Administrator
Administrator
Elite Nnlya

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots; Graphics Shop

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 15:31

Nnlya was filthy. Gore spattered her face, front and underside, her paws and legs were thick with mud. The would on her shoulder had opened up again and her foreleg had yet to clot and staunch the flow of blood. She was a mess as she limped home with her pack, surrounded by friends, although she was acutely aware of those they had lost. She had seen the bodies when the fighting had stopped, most of those to die had been new additions to the pack but that didn't make their deaths any less hurtful. She saw Daltan's body, a male shed accepted at the borders whom she had found to be quite friendly. She saw the tiny body of Quinn, her friend and Alphess and the pain in her chest swelled immeasurably. Azul, their old Alpha, immediately called them together and she knew what he would say, she had been about to call them together for the same reason. The pack needed a leader. She would have spoken with Fenris first of course, hoping to solidify his position - he was well liked among the pack and had made a good Alpha in the past. As they gathered, Nnlya limped up next to Rose, one she considered a friend even if their encounters were few. In her place on Azuls right flank, where she had stood before when he was Alpha, she showed her support for him as the packs Elite. She lowered herself to her haunches with a hiss of pain. It was difficult to decide which leg felt worse, whose pain to alleviate. She raised her right foreleg, preferring not to damage the muscle in the skinny appendage any further. Her shoulder screamed in protest but she gritted her teeth and forced herself to remain silent. Head held high she looked around, seeing the wounded everywhere. They were strong enough not to complain, she would not be the one to whine first. She listened carefully to Azul as he listed some of their lost and announced that once all were arrived and settled he would announce their new leader. She searched the faces for two in particular. The first was her mate, Drogo, whose she loved beyond this world. The second was her friend and like a brother to her, Eclipse. She had lost too many friends today, she could not bear to lose either of them. And then she thought of her pups, were they all safe? How would she tell them of the losses they had suffered?nsurely Drogo had to be alive, she couldn't bear to return to them with the news of their fathers death. Then she thought of Elsbeth, who had been the pups career during this battle. Was she still alive? Had her training prevailed? Nnlya hoped no enemy had slipped past their defences and made an attempt at the pups. Her mind continued to swirl with worry as she watched the faces of her pack gather.
Back to top Go down
http://nnlyas-wonderland.tumblr.com/
Guardian Drogo
Guardian Drogo

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 18:37

Blood stained the Guardian's face from the viciousness of his kill. His fiery orange eyes still held a glazed over look as he marched dutifully home. Though the numbness of his feelings about the war were still playing heavy on his emotions, the guilt of having failed the Alphess was beginning to set in, and his worry for the fate of his beloved picked at his mind. He had been one of the last to leave the scene of the battle, his final act as guardian to Quinn being the prompting of Fenris to come home. He had thought the Alpha would remain still and by his fallen mates side until starvation claimed him, but after some prompting, he finally convinced him to come home. He had helped Fenris shift the tiny lifeless form of the Alphess onto her mate's back so that he may lay her to rest in her home instead of leaving her. He had left Fenris then, to make his way back on his own, as he knew he would need time to himself. Desperation was beginning to set in even more now that he entered the clearing, his eyes scanning the dwindling crowd for his beloved. Finally they found her, and he moved to her side, nuzzling into her without so much as a word for no words could begin to describe his relief. He could feel a weight lifted from his heart just knowing that she was ok. He was quick and quiet to take his seat next to Nnlya and his equal in rank Rose.He awaited Azul to announce their leader though felt no desire to howl in cheer on this sombre day. Too many had been lost... too many taken from them too soon.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 19:13

Pain. Anger. Loathing. Loss. Fenris had known these emotions before, but none so strong as this. His massive form lay next to the still body of his beloved, his life, his reason to wake every morning. She was sunlight that warmed his heart, each and every day, and now... now she was gone. His head lay upon her side, begging and pleading for a sound. For her chest to rise and fall with steady breath as it once had, but there was only silence. Only stillness. His heart was broken, shattered beyond repair. How was he to go on without her? Fenris closed his eyes taking a deep breath in an attempt to gather himself, to ease the pain, to anything, but it was no use. The world would never shine so bright in his eyes without her by his side. "Quinn. My love. I have failed thee. Death lies on thee, like an untimely frost upon the sweetest flower of all the field. Let death find me soon, so that I too may walk the forest of wolves past along side thee. Forgive me, for that in this moment I cannot be strong, for t'was thee, and only thee, that gave me strength. Forgive me." he whispered with a heavy heart.

He held no desire to move. He wished to be left alone with her, left to die by her side, but his guardian would have none of it. Most had begun the silent haul home, but he was the last to remain. Drogo had stood at bay for some time before he approached and with a somber, but respectful tone, had told him he must. He knew the Guardian was right. The pack needed each and every one of them in this most grievous time, but how could he show his face to those who had looked to him for protection. He asked but one last favour of the Guardian, in that he might help him bring Quinn's body back to the sanctity of Helidos. Quinn's frail, lifeless body atop his back. He began the trek back to Helidos, though he had a detour to make before he found his way to the clearing. He knew where he must take her. As if pulled there by her own will, Fenris soon found himself in the midst of Brimstone grove. Winter would be upon them soon, and the beautiful maple trees were nearly bare, but there was one tree, the largest of them all that stood still and ancient in the center of the maple forest that still held most of it's leaves. Fenris padded towards the tree, and upon reaching its base, gently slid Quinn's body from his back onto the forest floor below. His large head nuzzled into her cheek as it had done so many times before, but this time, whatever remained of his heart shattered. "I love thee, I love but thee; with a love that shall not die till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old. I swear death shalt be but the only force capable of parting mineself from thee.  And so, doubt the stars are fire, doubt the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love, for I love thee with so much of my heart, none is left to protest." he recited word for word as he had before, though now for the last time. "Run with the wolves of past my dearest. I wish only for the day that we should'st be reunited. I love you." he whispered, closing his eyes and against every ounce of his will, pulled away from her.

The rest of the walk back to the camp clearing was a daze. He had nearly bumped into one of the wolves as his somber form entered the clearing. Each step took great effort, and even then , his paws dragged with each forced stride. His head hung low, his eyes never daring to leave the ground as he made his way towards the front of the group, though he did not take a spot near those who held high ranks. Instead he moved off to the side, taking a seat on the outskirts of the clearing. His haunches reclined onto the hard ground with a thud, his amber eyes stained with heartbreak and disappointment in no one but himself. His ears barely flickered at the sound of Azul's voice as he awaited for their new leader to be shared with the pack.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Sitka
Alpha Sitka

Wolf Information
Purchases: None

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2015, 19:23

Bloody and beaten, the Delta limped his way back to the clearing where he heard Azul call them back home. As he moved through the battlefield, his heart sank. The dead scattered the grasses. The bodies of trusted members that he never had the chance to meet. They had lost so many.. warriors, hunters, elders, and their only healer. His sadness grew when his eyes caught the body of his alphess, with the alpha standing beside his mate's corpse. Quinn's body appeared limp and cold. Sitka loved Quinn like a mother. She was all too kind to him when he had arrived. He then thought of Fenris. His heart ached for the brute as he could not imagine how it felt to lose the only who made you whole. As he moved by, he said three little words out loud. "Thank you, Quinn." He smiled slightly as he looked up to the sky. He respected Quinn, even then while her spirit walked in the other forest. She had done so much to keep Helidos from turning into something dark, such as Erenyx. His heart aches for his lost pack mates, but burned for the death of Teren. He had killed far too many and had taken Beta Juno as a captive for his own self needs. As he found his way through the fields, his heart had dropped. There, he saw Marrok's mangled body. The old brute was one of the only wolves who he had a true connection to. Images flashed through his mind of the day he was promoted, and how he had met two of the finest wolves Helidos had to offer that day. Nnyla and Marrok. The sudden remembrance of that day made him worry for a moment, as he realized that he had not seen Nnyla anywhere. He saw Drogo once, while he was battling an Erenyx brute, but no longer saw him since. Quickly, he limped away from the field of death back to the pack clearing.

His russet fur was stained with blood from both himself and the Erenyx female who he had almost killed. He automatically searched for Rose, Drogo, and Nnyla. Once his silver-blue eyes caught a glimpse of the blood-stained Guardians and Elite, he hurried himself as fast as he could move with his injuries. As soon as he reached the trio, he smiled slightly and nodded his head to the mated pair and nuzzled his beloved. All he then cared about was that she, and the rest of his pack mates were safe. He could not bear to lose any others after the deaths that took a large toll on his heart. Looked over to the Elder, he had then spoke of who would claim the den of the alphas by request of Quinn before her murder. He nodded as he listened to the retired alpha's words. He was prepared to see the new light of who would ensure that Helios remained strong and refused to fall, just as Quinn had done.
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Kida
Apprentice Kida

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2015, 20:07

Time had seemed to be dragging on ever so slowly. How long would she have to wait to see her family again? How long would she have to sit and wonder if they were even coming back? The Apprentice was stuck to the den, forced to be watched from within the Autay's den. Elsbeth was tasked with watching them, but mostly making sure they did not make it to the battlegrounds. She begged for the wolf to allow her to see her mother, her father. But no matter what words she used or how she begged, the Autay would not allow her to leave the den. Forced to stay, Kida released a longing whine. She laid her head across her paws, staring out as she started to fade into sleep. It had seemed like she was waiting for months. But finally the noises of returning wolves filled her ears. Stirred right awake, the young fae pounced to her paws and dashed forward as fast as she could. Through her haste to find her parents, she tripped over her own paws and face planted into the ground. Dirt entered her nostrils and she lifted her head up to see the wolves gathering within the center. Leaping up to her paws once again, she rushed through the crowd, dodging and weaving through wolves as she made her way towards them. Nnlya was the first one she saw. A loud whine escaped from her lips as she forced herself to rush against her mother. She nuzzled her face into her fur, taking in her scent and smelling the blood. Some was hers, but some belonged to someone else. Kida pressed herself into her mother and lowered her ears against her head. "Mommy, I am so glad you are home... I missed you and daddy so much... Please don't ever go to war again?" She nuzzled her muzzle against her and soon lifted her head to look for her father. He rested beside Nnlya, and Kida took it upon herself to rush into him as well. She closed her eyes and treated him the exact way she had for the Elite. She was so relieved to have them both home safe and sound. Now if only her brothers would appear as well, then all would be right within her world. Kida knew nothing of the deaths and didn't listen to the Elder, instead she just focused her mind on her loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2015, 22:59

Numb, all Aleu felt was numb. As the warriors of her pack returned from the battlefield the small apprentice had waited anxiously for her adopted parents, the poor pup having spent the entire time of their absence pacing and cursing that she wasn't allowed to fight, to help her pack take down the wolf that had destroyed her family. As each wolf past Aleu would feel her heart sinking, until finally the trail of broken wolves ended, and two very important wolves to Aleu were missing. As the pack began to gather Aleu could barely be bothered to lift her gaze, her mind barely able to grasp the loses that seemed to follow her like a plague. She was alone again, orphaned for a second time before she even became an adult. How could she ever expect to challenge Teren when her whole pack crumpled to him. Her father had been defeated, her mother had never posed any threat to him, her brother was scattered, her best friend nearly killed, the Alphess that took her in was slain, and now her parents were gone once more. Aleu considered going back to Erenyx, to challenge Teren herself, not because she honestly thought she could win, but because death's cold embrace seemed to be the only love she was allowed to have, and at least if she was dead she wouldn't have to feel the crippling heart ache each time she lost someone else in her life.

Slowly Aleu took a spot in the back of the pack, seated a fair distance from any of the other's in her pack. She wanted to be alone, and spend the rest of her life alone. Maybe if she never got close to another she wouldn't have anyone to lose. Though compared to that option death seemed more and more favorable. As the Elder up front began to speak, Aleu paid no attention, it didn't matter who the Alpha was, nothing really seemed to matter to her anymore. She was alone again, and that was the only thought on her mind. What was she supposed to do now? She didn't know how to be an adult, she wasn't ready to be alone. The pup would let out a soft whine as she lowered her head, wishing she could just curl into a ball and fall into her own world where all of this pain didn't exist. Where she could actually feel happy again.
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Achak
Apprentice Achak

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2015, 23:49

Loss is a sudden and vicious strike to the heart. It grabs and pulls the emotions of its bearer with little sympathy, twisting and turning them like a puppet, and leaves a forever mark in its wake that little can mend; perhaps there are ways to patch the wound, but it never truly fades. While some grow strong even after loss' attacks, there will always be a feeling that arises when the memory of the ones lost resurface. It is a hard feeling for the young to hold in their chests, and with the eruption of war between Erenyx and Helidos, there would be others within the very autay den that Achak dwelled that would face it as well. The young apprentice solemnly sat near the back of the cage the adults had left the whelps to stay in to worry until they could bear no more and discover who would be returning and who would not be. His mind waverd on the possibilities that war could bring to Helidos; how it could change his home, and break the kind wolves that lived alongside him. Occasionally his amber eyes would flick to the other apprentices wondering if they too were faced with the feelings that presented themselves to his mind. The son of Helidos alphas was already acquainted with the feeling of loss before his first year. Not long ago had his brother Chase and sister Paige been found dead. His first experience of death. He hadn't understood at first; surely they would awaken and be their usual selves again. They were so young and so full of life. While death was common for food, it was a foreign concept that his own family could face the same ending. Loneliness is what happened afterwards. Introverted and apart from the others, Achak kept to himself. While the young apprentice felt that his brother Julian might be a companion, perhaps facing a change of heart with the death of their own siblings, it was very clear that the male wanted nothing to do with his brother. Feeling ousted of affection from his only surviving sibling, Achak had only the care of his mother and father left. They were out there somewhere charging into battle now. All he could do was hope.

His mind became a fog after a while, weariness picking upon his body, before the sounds of wolves came into the clearing. Achak's ears pricked as he heard the patter of paws, and his heart jumped into his mouth. His legs locked to the ground fearful of the answer that had plagued his mind for so long. What was the outcome of this war. The other apprentice, Kida, zoomed out of the den without a hesitation and was lost to the mass of the pack. Prying his paws from the floor, Achak slowly approached the den entrance, nodding politely to Elsbeth, just as another she-wolf took her leave. He hoped for two to find their family. It was time to find his own, though. His breath fogged as he set foot outside, but he not notice the ever approaching cold that threatened the lands. Quickly his eyes scanned the clearing - searching for the victorious Alphess Quinn to be leading her troops back home for celebration. What he found were blood splattered wolves, exhausted from battle, that searched for their surviving friends. A lump formed inside of his throat. Achak made his way through the mass, taking in all that he could and looking for his parents. Finally after it felt like years of searching, the familiar pelt of his father came into view. A spark of hope lit itself inside of his mind, until the apprentice saw the expression and sadness his father carried. No. No no no. His claws tightened against the soil, and his tri-colored coat began to prickle in fear. The sound of authority rang against the numb air, and, as he listened, Achak could feel himself delve into the sadness. Deceased. Alphess. His mother was dead. A whine escaped from his lips, and his head and posture drooped like a wilted flower. How could she have lost? Mother had been so powerful to him, so knowing and confident, that, even if he had known the possibility, never would he have been prepared to face it. Quietly he stumbled over to his father and wordlessly sat down next to him on the outskirts. They would have to be strong, but how he did not know. He pressed his snout against the side of his father, not wanting to face the reality, and waited to hear the rest of what the elder had to say.
Back to top Go down
Elsbeth of Helidos
Elsbeth of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 00:53

When they had returned home, she knew. She just knew that they had lost. Waged war for nothing. Lives had been lost to Erenyx, but the most valuable one was their own Alphess. Quinn, I thank you for understanding me and trusting me with your children.. I will continue to keep them safe for as long as I can. Looking to the stars she sent up her silent words. As well as a small prayer for the pack's safety until they were all healed and well. Lowering her head she looked around for him, the ex-Elite. She needed to make sure he was alright. But her eyes could not find him and a sudden wave of fear wandered over her body. What if he had died? No, he promised me he would come back! Swallowing, she pushed aside the thoughts, he'd show up, he'd have to. For now she'd need to focus on the things at hand. Following the beckoning of Azul she went towards the group of forming wolves. The young and herself clean and unscratched, others bloodied and beaten. A new leader would be chosen, as Fenris could no longer lead without Quinn. It was a sad yet hopeful thing to see. And the she-wolf would follow under the new leader just as well as she had followed under the late Alphess. She listened intently, not missing a word spoken to the male's speech, but her eyes wandered. Looking for a dark brown brute.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 09:23

Paws carried the young male into the pack clearing. Him and the other young wolves had been forced to stay here and hidden while all the adults went to fight Erenyx. They were all returning from the war now, however, his mother was no where to be seen. Skirting the edges of the group Julian seating himself and waited for Azule or his father to speak. As the elder began to speak a deep shock hit the male, though it wasn't like that of everyone else's shock, no sadness passed across his features, it was a shock that had the brute bathing in the fact that his mother had been defeated and his father was no longer in charge. Grin spread over Ebony lips and dusty colored body moved to sit by his brother, Achak. Achak had sorrow written clearly all over him, sadness filling his Amber eyes. His own azure orbs didn't even look to his father as a sick grin continues to grow on his maw and he leaned in close to his brother, attempting to whisper into his ear "Such a shame, yes brother? I wonder what it was like for Teren, watching the life drain from a leaders eyes.....I guess mother wasn't the strong Fae that everyone so blindly followed." he whispered, though it was directed only at his brother, and he was fairly certain that no one else would hear him, he didn't care if they did. He would be leaving as soon as age permitted. As soon as spring hit the male would be off for Erenyx, he would go to follow the demon king himself, praise the pack that killed his wretch of a mother.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 11:54

It was clear the war was lost for Helidos. They had no reason to continue, for they had nothing to prove. The wolf who'd requested them to fight in revenge for her murdered kin was slain, by the same villain as well. As he trekked behind his packmates, infuriated thoughts dominated his mind. The one who was meant to guide and protect them had put them into the situation that caused several of their deaths, hers included. Valued members and ones who had yet to discover their new lives in the pack, now had no life at all. Quinn had been foolish to try solely taking on the largest, most twisted wolf seen in these lands, whereas she was the smallest. How had she thought that she ever stood a chance? They would've needed a whole strategy to destroy that onyx slaughterer, and now she had made a mock of them. He also didn't understand how Erenyx couldn't see or care for who their Alpha really was; a manipulator who didn't care about their injured and fallen. A resentful huff billowed from his nostrils as he made his way along, mindful of preventing his sprained leg from causing him too much pain as he grunted and limped slightly. If Azul still reigned, he felt sure this devastation wouldn’t have happened. The white brute was a fair ruler and put the needs of the group before his own, but Quinn had been selfish in sacrificing and risking the lives of her followers to avenge Lark. Eclipse hadn't developed much affection for the tiny she-wolf, but he had respected her since the decision to crown her. Her actions now made him think that she hadn’t been the best Alphess for his pack. She so quickly chose to fight without any plan. That wasn't the true spirit of Helidos, and losing only gave Erenyx more reason to think they were weak. Quinn’s mistakes ultimately led to her demise, however the irate Warrior wasn't glad. Despite her failure, she did not deserve for her life to end so cruelly. She had a good heart, only wanting to do right by her family, and she would be a dearly missed mother to her offspring.

His gold orbs fixated on the empty air as he considered what had happened and the forthcoming events which would result from it all. Maybe it was the rage from the fray that fueled his feelings but it irritated him to see others around him dying, again. Good wolves continually being lost, seemingly for nothing. He’d never killed another wolf and he hoped it would remain that way, yet death still followed him. Glancing behind, he spotted a woeful Fenris in the distance carrying Quinn from the arena. His mood sank further, knowing the emotions the large male felt. There was nothing more terrible than seeing the dearest one to your heart become nonexistent, nothing more than a lifeless shell of the soul who once inhabited their body. Surely so much anger and pain would consume poor Fenris, knowing who was to blame for his beloved’s passing.

Musing silently as he hobbled with the wounded back into camp, he realised many would be hurting and grieving after this war. He truly had no right to be annoyed when it was a time of great loss. Weaving through the broken canines, he searched for a spot in the clearing where he could allow himself to sit, no longer having a rightful place beside Nnlya. Pups rushed to their parents for comfort, having faced difficulties of their own with not knowing about their family's safety, but it was over now. If there was one positive, it was that the pups were fine. Wolves moved to be near their loved ones, relieved to see them. Suddenly it occurred to him that he should see which of his friends had made it home. Scanning the silhouettes, he first found Rose and Nnlya at the front alongside the original Alpha, looking worse for wear but they were alive. The mahogany wolf was internally happy, especially for his sisterly friend and her family. Beta Juno was absent and so was their only healer, which was troubling. His flank stung from the bleeding gash as he quickly took in all the familiar scents and faces, ears pricked to the Elder's voice listing who had been killed in action. He soon noticed the Lead Autay who'd stayed with the pups and the slightest smile graced his lips as he padded towards her, head low as he murmured words of how he was very pleased her and the young ones were well. He hid his limp and was grateful his brown pelt sort of masked the blood on his side. He didn’t stand with Elsbeth for very long, as he’d promised to return to young Ciro. The apprentice needed support after encountering yet more hate and fighting, even if he wasn’t directly involved this time. The poor brute had been through enough and was also the closest they had to a healer so they would rely on him heavily. Smelling herbs, he looked over and saw a, surprisingly thin, Ciro seated behind parcels of the special plants. He’d arrived prepared and Eclipse had every confidence in the similarly coloured wolf’s abilities. They would discuss his weight issues later. He nuzzled Ciro’s shoulder gently as he approached and then sat, listening to the announcement with his pack but mostly wanting to provide help to those he’d secretly promised to look after. He wasn't quite in the mood for celebrating a new leader but he would howl, if only to sing for those that were lost that day.
Back to top Go down
Thunder of Helidos
Thunder of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 16:30

The war had been brutal, and Thunder had been devastated to see so many of his packmates fall. The scent of death remained in the air and rain and blood made his fur heavy. The sight of so many motionless wolves was horrible, but it made him want to rip his enemies to shreds even more. It took all of his self control not to throw himself at the large black beast and his minions. I'll be waiting to avenge those who lost their lives.... the creamy male told himself. I just need patience. All around him, he could see his packmates help one another back to the lands of Helidos. The Hunter followed, carefully checking all others to see if any needed help. They seemed to be ok, so instead he went to the fallen form of Marrok,  glancing around in case any Erenyx wolves tried to stop him. He slowly layed down and nudged the fallen Beta onto his shoulders before carefully standing once more. With that, he made his way back to the clearing, head bowed with sorrow. The regal brute had been friendly to him, although they had only spoken once. It was a kindness he appreciated, and one he now would never forget.

Upon arriving in the Helidos clearing, Thunder set deceased packmate down gently. "I'm sorry I couldn't truly avenge you, brave Beta..and thank you for the kindness you showed me. I hope you find plentiful prey and some friends in the other forest." He murmured with a sad smile. With that, he turned his attention to the Elder with a dip of his head. Those who had made it back had already gathered, and Thunder smiled with relief to see Rose, Nnlya, Sitka, and Emilia among the faces. The Hunter made his way over to sit beside Emilia, with a nod. "May Quin find happiness and good hunting in the other forest...she was a good-hearted wolf. She will never be forgotten." He whispered. Thunder smiled weakly at the ivory female beside him as the white pelted Elder announced that a new leader would be appointed. He would stand behind any of his packmates, and he would be proud to be a part of Helidos.
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Levi
Apprentice Levi

Wolf Information
Purchases: None

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2015, 19:25

The young pup followed the other pack into the camp clearing with the signal of Azul. His eyes reverted from the battered and bloody wolves that entered the area. Blue eyes frantically searching for his mother and father. His eyes caught them, racing offer to them. Skidding to a a halt, he nuzzled his father, then his mother, then Kida. A thought occurred to him Where was Thane? He hadn't seen his kid brother for a while now. Had he wandered off? Or followed a little slower than the others? He had no clue where he could have possibly gone. Hoping that he would be alright, Levi turned back to his family and couldn't be happier that his other and father were alive. They had survived the war. His eyes looked over all the wolves that were now gathered in the clearing. Many were wounded, and he found no sight of the one healer they had. His attention was drawn to Azul, as he gathered everyone and announced that there will be new leaders due to the death of Quinn. Shocked, his mind automatically drew to the alpha's pups. One of the young males seemed upset, while the other had a grim smile upon his face. His attention was now just a blank space of nothing. They had lost so many. His mind was nothing. He just waited for the new alphas to be announced, and prepared to cheer for them. He was prepared to be a true member of Helidos.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2015, 06:56

Families were reunited, friends together once again. But even in the happiness of finding ones joy, there was so much pain. Azul had forgotten about the sons Quinn left behind, but when they showed little remorse for the loss of their mother, Azul found it odd. One was smiling. He tried to direct his attention to other groups. It had seemed Nnlya and Drogo had found two of their sons, but where was little Thane? Where was the Apprentice that Azul had spoken to about becoming an Alpha? With all the wolves gathered, he knew that he had to say something to them. They had to know. "I have been in this pack since it started four winters ago. I have ruled as a valiant and proud leader, but when my family was lost, I could carry the responsibilities no longer. Alphess Quinn was a gift sent from the wolves of the other forest. She was strong enough to take my position when I could not bear it any longer. She and her family are to be thanked for their contribution to the pack, and may we never forget the sacrifices that were made in honor of us as a pack. But on a day when there is so much to be sad over, we also find good. Once I again, I find myself relinquishing command over to another deserving fae. She has worked hard since her joining and has excelled through the ranking system with ease. Everyone, please congratulate Alphess Rose! Alphess Rose, if I could have you come up here and give a few words to your new pack, we would be honored to hear them." Azul started the cheering by lifting his head to the sky and howling in joy to her promotion.
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Rose Of Helidos
Deceased
Deceased
Rose Of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases: 4 Character Slots, Small Wolf (61 CM)

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2015, 10:29

Rose listened tiredly, her amber eyes shifting to look for the one whom spoke in a low voice. She knew it was nothing good, but she couldn't place the voice. Her ears flicked and her attention was taken back with the words "Alphess Rose". She stood up slowly, her gaze shifting to look at the pack, then back to the Elder. As he howled, she awaited for them to finish and then she would gently nudge the Elder's shoulder, kind and a small smile across her maw. "My dearest pack, we have suffered enough today." She spoke loud enough for all to hear. "You have all fought very well, and have shown me what it means to fight as a family. I will do my very best to protect each and everyone of you, to care and mend the tragedy that we have suffered." She looked to Sitka for comfort in her words and then she let her gaze reach out to the others. "We will mend. And we will be stronger, those of us who have died today did not die in vein. We will be alright, as a family. We are strong, together." She finished and stepped back, her side aching to be cared for. "Please, those with severe injuries, meet with me in the healers den. I will do my best to tend to those whom need it." She sighed and smiled, trying to give her best comfort. She would wait for them to slowly part, they were dismissed and she could only hope that they would accept her as their leader. She wouldn't let them down. She couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2015, 13:19

The gentle touch of his sweet boy Achak's muzzle against Fenris' side snapped him from the glazed over daze he found himself in. He said nothing to the young pup, but offered the comfort of his touch in return by resting his head gently on top of of his. He knew he had to be strong for the sake of his remaining young, but how could he feign such strength when all was absent from him. He did not know, but he would have to try. Quinn would want him to try at the very least. Perhaps Azul would hold some words of wisdom and comfort in such times. He too had lost his family or at least so Fenris has heard. Next to find them was Julian, but something was very wrong. There was no sorrow stained across his features. No sadness or heartbreak for the loss of his mother and the loss of their Alphess. Instead, a sickening smirk crept across his lips. Fenris blinked, not believing what he was seeing, but upon further investigation, he was certain that it was pleasure and not sorrow that the pup felt.

Anger began to bubble inside the grieving father as his muddied gaze narrowed on the pup who paid no attention to him. Fenris did not think it possible for himself to be angered any more than he already was, but the words that slithered from Julian's snakelike tongue were the last straw in breaking him. The sounds of howling from those around him deafened the noise of the growl that ripped from his throat. Pushing himself up to his feet with hackles raised, Fenris snapped his jaws mere inches from Julian's face. "How dare you! How dare you speak ill of thine mother! Thou ungrateful, miserable, deplorable little whelp! HOW DARE YOU!" he bellowed, snarling and snapping at the pup again, blind to the eyes that now turned from their new Alphess to the seething elder. "Thou art no son of mine, and certainly not of Quinn's. What vile, wicked darkness poisons thy mind?!"

All he could see was red. Burning resentment for the wolf that bore his own blood. But it was there, at blood that their similarities ended. The pup before him was bitter and cold, a foul stain on his lineage. Such stains did not deserve the protection and love that came from family. He deserved to live a life of loneliness, and solitude. What wrongs had Fenris ever committed to be dealt this hand in life. His family taken from him time and time again, and now what little remained of those whom he loved had turned against him, praising the death of his love. Using his head as a battering ram, Fenris knocked the pitiful creature to the ground with ease. Cold calculated steps quickly found Fenris looming over the pup. Saliva dripped from his agape jaw, as he lowered his deadly jaws closer and closer to the pups face. "No longer shall thee be known to the world as a son of mine. Were it not for the death that blackens this day so heavily, I would strike thee down here and now for all to see what a traitorous bastard thou truly are. Instead I give thee one chance to run. Run far from this place for thou hath no right to call it home. But know that wherever you run, wherever you hide, I shall find thee." he explained with a growl deep in his chest. " NOW GO!" he shouted, his booming voice echoing through the clearing.

-- Apprentice Julian has been Exiled. He must either pay the bones to remain a Rogue/Exile, or is forced to join another pack. If neither of these are completed, he will be killed.--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebuilding After Devastation [Mandatory Helidos]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1