Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information
Purchases: second and third characters

Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 18:46

The icy wind that whipped through the snow covered lands did little to penetrate the Scout's heavy russet coat, and she padded on through the dense whiteness in secluded silence, her sharp gray gaze harsh and embittered. The bare branches of the few deciduous trees were laden with ice and snow, and they bent and drooped wearily beneath the onerous weight. The pines still stood green and resolute, the cruel, frigid hands of winter doing little to daunt their towering statures. She had been born in a place like this, an arduous taiga where the snows lasted well into spring. It resembled this world a great deal, wounded and broken and greying with despair. She had seen that before; the only difference was she had not been alone then, and the hellish weight she bore on her shoulders had been far lighter.

She reached the falls after a little while, and she paused her aimless wandering, the deep scars marring her chest and shoulder sore and aching from the strenuous walking. The war had ended not so long ago, and in her failure she had nearly lost her life to the massive ginger and white brute. It was ultimately blood loss that conquered her, and she had been taken forcefully by unconsciousness. Had he been a truly lowly coward, he would have ended her life then and there. Stupid bastard... She thought ruefully as she listlessly kicked up a spray of snow, her expression hard and austere. The wounds were so wide and deep she knew her fur would never grow over them, in spite of its coarse thickness. She couldn't care less about what they did to her appearance; she was never really that alluring in the first place. Still, it agonized her to bear them. It was one thing to display scars won out of victory, mementoes of foes long defeated. Hers were, by stark contrast, marks of failure. The slash arching over her eye was a reminder that she had broken her promise to Usagi, that she had allowed Hasoka to murder her and walk away without consequence. Now the various gashes dashed jaggedly across her chest and shoulder were mere displays of her incompetence, how there were several instances where she had almost defeated him, had almost severed his neck, but had not, and suffered the debilitating guilt of almost, but not quite.

She had not won her skirmish with Banshee at the border either, and through all of these occurrences she had to pragmatically ask herself why. It's because you're reckless, you dolt. She thought, scoffing softly to herself as she sat down lazily in the cool snow. I need real training, and practice. Strategy will only take me so far if I can't implement it properly. Hasoka had possessed the most skilled of tutors and masters for all aspects of his princely training. The only experience she'd had before she took him on was the minor scuffles she often entered with her peevish harassers and what little similarities could be drawn between combat and hunting. If she ever hoped to efface his worthless being from existence, she had to be just as if not more practiced than he.

Her attention drifted over towards the notorious falls, the usually torrential water now frozen over in a comely display of cascading ice scintillating softly in the occasional sunlight that peaked through the clouds. She remembered when she'd fallen from there the winter before; she was certainly not foolish enough to attempt to climb the slope once more. Still, she approached the icy surface of the river below, and she gazed down at her darkened, distorted reflection, her expression vexed and resentful. Her injuries still pained her, and she knew it would take some time for her body to heal. The blood soaked carcass of the territory was in dire need of remediation as well. So many wolves had lost their lives during that atrocious battle, and the world had passed into the cold death of winter soon after, almost seeming to signify their passing. What had they all perished for? What had Lark been murdered for, and her sister Quinn? Why had Usagi died, back then, when she had left her side and returned to find her hanging from their brother's jaws? She was vaguely reminded of what her opponent had snarled at her during their battle. You're Erenyx. Nobody loves you. That's why you're there. You serve a murderous monster that could care less if you died tonight. Your pack mates could care less if you died tonight. You have nobody. She bared her teeth slightly in a silent growl, her claws digging deep into the icy snow beneath her.

That's why wolves die... That's why the world is like this... That's why I lost everything... She thought, her cruel gray glower searing into her reflection with the intensity of a forest fire. It's because of wolves like that, like that asshole Teren, and my traitorous brother. All they do is kill, and take, and slaughter anyone who stands in their way of indulging whatever idiotic frivolity they desire. The monsters of the world... She grit her teeth in indignant agony as she remembered, clearly, every cadaver she had ever seen: Usagi, Lark, Nymph, Remus, Avareth, Marrok, Quinn, countless others whom she could not name. And then there was the fae being held captive in the alpha's den, the she-wolf who had rushed in to rescue her alphess and now awaited tortures too heinous to imagine. She shook slightly with restrained, pained fury as she raised her snout defiantly to the air, letting loose a solemn, mournful howl for every meaningless death she had witnessed, Erenyx and Helidos alike. The sound, though broken, rang sonorous with a raging resolve. It was a promise, to all of them, to her beloved sister, and to herself. For the remainder of her life, she would not rest until the cruel Hell of the world she had been begotten into was rid of every demon hiding in its fervent midsts. She wanted to see how beautiful the winter sky was when the sun peaked out over the billowing clouds, the incredible comeliness of spring grass and wild blossoms, the happiness wrought from the simplicity of listening to the birds chirp from the confines of a warm den. She wanted to see the world her sister had lived in, the beautiful, placid world that somehow remained bright no matter what darkness befell it. For the sake of that idea, for that perception of life that danced happily through her sister's mind and kept her from devolving into total despair, she would erase them all. And deposing the psychopathic despot terrorizing this pack is a good place to start...
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf, Extra Threads,

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2015, 12:19

His body strong and full from the winters of the warm prey he had consumed before exiting his home lands, he trotted out into the neutrals. The winds were minimal in the day, not as strong as they had been the night before. He had nothing to do that morning but have time to waste. Wandering through the neutrals, he realized here his paws had taken him. Falls of Serenity. The last time he was here in the area, he was greeted by Piper and Tundra. The two females that seemed to bring out the best in h im. They both seemed like family to him now in life, which was understandable. Tundra and content on Samael as her one love, and Piper was the daughter of his Alphas and much too young for him anyway in the matter. The two were almost like sisters or cousins to the brute. He cared for both of them and would ensure that they were safe at all costs. They were some of the only friends he had int he world. One of the few that he genuinely cared for. They were important to him. Coming from a life where he was hated, or praised for being a devil, he had never experienced the love of anyone friend wise, family, or romantically. It was all new to him, and was still adjusting to it. Not lying to himself, he knew he enjoyed knowing that someone cared for him. Someone loved him. Someone was willing to fight for him. Even if they would not put their life on the line for him. He would do it for them. Malachai was loyal. They had gained his trust, his loyalty, his respect. He had little doubt that they would abuse that power they had on him. If he could trust him, they would be able to trust him in return. That was simple and ensured.

Turning his body to face the waters, he saw a figure in the blankets of snow. He recognized the body of Yuki. Walking over to the Scout, he could tell she had been heated in a fight when it came to the war. Whomever it was, caused come serious damage and Malachai would not pick a fight with who gave her those scars. She looked unhappy, which wasn't unusual when you resided in Erenyx. There was almost no happiness to be found within those lands. Teren had sucked the joy of life away from those wolves, if others had not done it already. Looking at her, he spoke. "Got your tail handed to you, I see. Tell me, who was it that caused your injuries?" He peered at the smaller female. her eyes of a silver white where slightly unsettling to him compared to his own cyan orbs. He waited patiently for any response from the female. He was curious to whom had beaten her, as she was a tough little thing to his own knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2015, 21:21

The she-wolf was somewhat startled from her determined reverie by the abrupt, oddly familiar voice, and she turned her snout back to glimpse a white pelted male approaching her from behind, the dark cyan of his gaze gradually stirring her memory. "Malachai?" She huffed quietly to herself, her expression only momentarily bewildered until her usually sly, uncouth nature surfaced once more, easily concealing her consternation at seeing him. She smirked grimly, her demeanor relaxing into casual austerity as she regarded him. "Oh, it was some big ginger Helidos brute. Wouldn't know his name, but he most certainly did not walk away unharmed. I'd be surprised if the flea's still walking at all." She sneered, her smug front forcing down the insecurity and depression that had plagued her not long before. "I challenged him during our wonderful dictator Teren's precious little game, which, if I remember correctly, you were not in attendance for." Her voice dripped with incredibly patent sarcasm, and beneath it an unexpected resentment tainted its more friendly undertone.

She had not seen Malachai since before the war, some months ago, it seemed. He had disappeared from the pack altogether by the looks of it then, and the same could be said of a warrior and a guardian who had also vanished. Desertion was the obvious explanation, and she couldn't really claim not to understand their motives when they resided under such a vile excuse for a life form. She had left herself, for a season, to search for her ever elusive target, but she crawled right back when his scent trail disappeared. She'd promised herself she wouldn't ever regret leaving when she did, when her means of revenge had danced so closely within her reach and she was certain her sister's murderer had passed nearby, but she was starting to wonder if choosing Erenyx was truly the best idea. As a pack of fighters, she knew she had the greatest chance of sharpening her skill there, but when it came down to questions of honor, the expected response was far beneath her standards. She admitted she would do anything to afford her sister peace, and to atone for her mistake, but she could never imagine treating someone the same way the wolves she grew up with treated herself and Usagi.

She wondered if that was why he had left; the social constructs of Erenyx had grown too unreasonable, their despotic leader a power drunken fool too callous to notice the world an inch in front of his own snout. Yes, she understood that, but she couldn't help but remember the horrors of that frivolous war, all of the glassy eyes that had gawked unconsciously up towards the merciless heavens, how she'd pushed herself until her body could give no more and her weary legs collapsed beneath her, her vision blurring into fragile darkness from the blood loss. They had all fought, not for that bastard Teren and his ridiculous desires, but for each other, for the pack they had pledged themselves to. He had not been there.

She stood nonchalantly from her position by the stream's icy surface, her former grin washed away to reveal a genuine curiosity not usually displayed behind her indomitable wall of ruthless mocking. "Where did you run off to?" She asked, her usually scathing voice oddly earnest, though her austere expression did bely a noticeable bit of caution. She took a moment to sniff the air, and she instantly caught a foreign scent trailing about him, an alien aggregation of smells that had almost cemented itself into unity. Did he... join another pack?
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2015, 15:50

A dark, yet humored chuckled released form his dark lips. She had been wondering where he had gone. He was more than willing to tell her so, but would wait for a moment. She clearly looked like she was beaten and bruised, which was no surprise but her description of her opponent. Only a fool would take on someone much larger than themselves. Looking to the smaller wolf, a grin spread over his features. "If you must know, I left with Chiara and Magnus. Sick of Teren and his ways, we left and now have a pack of our own. Pyrvanthros. They named me their Delta, and I have done well in my post, if I say so myself. They trust me, and that is a trust I will not break. I have a home now. Unlike Erenyx. The pack is small, but greatly increasing in numbers. There was no way in hell I was going to fight for the monster and his ways." He hissed slightly with the last of his words. He would rather die trying to kill the beast than to fight for him. Although, he knew Yuki hated him as well, she had nowhere else to turn. He would offer her the chance to come to Pyrvanthros, bt decided to keep himself quiet. If she wanted to free herself from Teren's clear sexism against females and his murderous ways, she would leave as he did. He would not try to convince her. If she wished, he would welcome her, but of course, keep a keen eye on her if she did so. The only one he truly trusted from Erenyx was Tundra. Everyone else was on his radar. Nobody could entirely be trusted within that pack, excluding the one who had trusted him with information that could get bother her and her mate killed at the teeth by Teren. He did not have anything important to say, but kept talking anyway. "How have you been, Yuki? Other than the nasty wounds that ginger brute gave you." He cocked his head slightly towards her. Curious to see how she herself was fairing through the commotion that had consumed the lands at the time. Things were just beginning to calm down now that the war had ended. Not much was else to come of the packs at the time,, or at least from what Malachai knew of them. Surely Erenyx and Helidos were trying to regain themselves after the war. Even though Erenyx had won, they had lost some and many were injured all the same. He couldn't remember the last time Agavos was active in the community of the packs. They were quiet and kept to themselves often, with may be their best bet.

Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2015, 12:09

Yuki listened to the male calmly as he elaborated upon his recent whereabouts, a diminutive smirk pulling at her maw at his smug disposition. So it was as she'd guessed; he'd left because of Teren, and the missing Guardian and Warrior were now his rulers. "My my, is that pride I hear?" She almost snickered, though her teasing wasn't entirely friendly. "The usual emotion meant to accompany treason is shame, you know." Her jocular tone was languid and calm, as if she couldn't care less what he did or who he chose to trail eagerly after. Still, a diminutive fleck of spite glinted in the corner of her flint gray gaze, a bitter feeling she wasn't totally able to reconcile nor pin down. "You have a home now, unlike Erenyx? Were we all really so unbearable?" She asked, her hollow, amused tone hardening with a different kind of venom. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she stared at him for a moment before casting her scathing focus over the frozen water, a sarcastic scoff leaving her maw with a humorless grin. "Right, right, because it's Teren's pack, and we're Teren's minions, and we all must be just like him to slave after him, even though an astonishing number of us would give anything to rip open his belly and feed him his own entrails." She snickered lowly before flicking her attention back towards him, regarding him coolly out of the corner of her eye. "And how messed up is that? We could send that worthless slug straight to hell where he belongs if we all only communicated that intent, and, you know, didn't run away and abandon each other."

She fell silent then, her sharp tongue resting like a coiled serpent in her jaws. So that was what upset her; here she stood, scarred and weary and beaten, a failure, not only to her sister, but every other innocent soul in her pack and on that battle field. She was miserable, infuriated with herself and her own lack of ability, and he was happy and unmarred, because he gave up. It didn't seem fair. But, then again, was it just of her to take her self directed frustration and loathing out on him? She was quiet for another moment before releasing a long, weary sigh, any vehemence left in her demeanor departing with her resentment. "I'm sorry." She muttered gruffly, her tone earnest in spite of its blunt nature. She turned her snout to glance at him directly then, her disposition austere and solemn. "That was... Low, of me. I don't blame you for leaving. Anyone with sense would. And I'm in no position to judge." She huffed quietly to herself, her tired gaze falling to her paws as she dug her claws into the snow. There wasn't any reason for her cruelty, she knew. The only wolf she had to blame for her exasperation and defeat was herself.

She glanced up once more at his next inquire, a diminutive grin of amusement twitching at the edge of her snout and her usual spark and ferocity gradually returning. "What, these little scratches? A bramble thicket could do worse." She raised her head boldly, the long scars around her chest and shoulder on seemingly proud display. "I like to think I've seen worse days. I taught some juvenile how to skin a kill, and I've got plenty of time off doing nothing thanks to my little friend from Helidos." She smirked at her own remarks, any of her former caution or resentment completely effaced. She had forgotten how much she quite liked having someone to talk to; she hadn't spoken openly to anyone since Usagi, and she hadn't ever been that skilled at making friends.

"You're a Delta now, hmm? Is sir a fitting way to address you now, m'lord?" She chuckled softly, her teasing good natured and her demeanor relaxed and easy. "Sounds like a pretty nice gig. What's your lovely little pack like? From that smug look of yours I'd guess they're pretty easy to get along with."
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2016, 00:06

Although everything in his body screamed for him to snap at her for her words, he knew that it was no use. She had her opinion, and that was that. "Aye. It would be pride. I am proud to be a part of a pack that has decent morals and values as a whole. Unlike Teren's ignorance and hatred towards everything other than his Beta." He knew that the alpha and his Beta male, Irrationality, were basically joined at the hip. They were not "best friends", as one would say. Irrationality was Teren's loyal servant, other than his two bothers that seemed to join up with their sibling. Only one of them could be seen arguing with his elder brother every now and then, Caspian. He was not like the others, from what Malachai had heard and witnessed from the ashy brute. He was just as smart and cunning as his brother, but seemed to use it against him. He did not blame the brute of those were his such intentions. Yuki's words were correct. Just about everyone within that pack would have no greater joy than to rip the black beast's heart from his chest. Malachai knew deep down, he would hate to see it because Teren was a legend within the lands. His story of overthrowing Erenyx and taking over in his own rule would forever live n through the lands where the packs roamed. Nothing could ever conquer the live figure of death, other than death itself. The Scout's next words triggered a light hint of anger in the male. Abandonment? Hardly. "Why would I continue to do something that was no good for me? That did more harm than good for not only my mental, but physical being as well? I left for my own benefit and safety. There's only three wolves in Erenyx I actually care about. You, Tundra, and Piper. Nobody else." He snorted as his words slipped from his black lips.

There was a moment of silence before he heard her speak up. She was apologizing? He did not know why. She was right in her words, other than him abandoning the pack he once resided in. "Don't worry about it, Yuki. I take no offense. If you hate it there just as much as the next wolf, then why haven't you left?" This made him curious. She hated it in Erenyx and hated Teren, so why not just leave? There was no reason for her to stay there and live with those who may or may not want to kill her at any given moment. He no longer lived that way. he lived in a way where he was respected and his voice was heard.

A chuckle left his throat as she made her comments about the ginger brute who she faced within battle. Whoever he was, he surely did do some damage to her. Malachai was just glad to know she was alive and recovering well. She seemed to be proud of her battle wounds. He respected that. The next words that hit his ears were that of interest to him. "Sir would do, ma'dam." A chuckle left his maw as he listened to her. "Magnus and Chiara are definitely worthy of being in their posts. They're great leaders, in all truth. They have values similar to my own, which makes it easier for me to get along with them. The pack hasn't had any major problems, luckily. A meeting was held not long ago in order for the pack to get to know one another, rather than being distant. it was quite different, but very effective." A smile radiated from his face. He was proud to talk about where he is now, and it was clear enough from his words and actions as he spoke of this place. it was his home, and somewhere where his heart will lay to rest at the end of his lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Captive Yuki
Captive Yuki

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2016, 17:32

The usually blunt, sarcastic fae was, for once, abruptly caught off guard by his words. She could argue to the ends of the Earth with someone if need be, or loose a comeback within an instant if she was offended, but to have someone say they cared about her was beyond unexpected. It was in her conditioned nature to be prepared for harassment or brutality, seeing as she grew up constantly surrounded by it. That was primarily why she usually did everything in her power to push others away. Her sister was the only wolf to ever value her existence, and she was gone. In that regard, she had even accepted the Helidos Delta's verbal assault; she kind of did have nobody. His statement was such a surprise that she wasn't even really sure how to react to it, nor how to feel about it.

His inquiry allowed her an avenue of escape from her brief cessation of consternation, and she released a short, weary huff, a diminutive smirk twitching at the edge of her maw. "Well, as surprising as it may sound, I did leave once, to hunt down my..." her voice trailed off momentarily then; brother was not a word she ever could have used to refer to him. Her claws sunk harshly into the snow beneath her, and a hint of a familiar animosity tainted her casual tone as she continued. "To look for someone. He's the primary reason I joined Erenyx, anyways. He's a worthless shit rag, just like Teren, and he... He murdered someone I cared about. That's why I'm not going to leave." She stated simply, an almost malicious determination concealed behind her austere tone. "Every time I encounter wolves like Teren, monsters who could care less about the worth of someone else's life, I'm reminded of that male, and how I failed to protect who was important to me. I wouldn't wish the hell I went through on anybody, but, because of wolves like that, there are others going through that torture regardless." She shifted her flint gray gaze out towards the frozen lake, her usually lax tone hardening with a sincerity she rarely ever outwardly displayed. "I don't want to fail them, like I failed the one I cared about, back then. I don't want to leave if there's something I can do to fix my mistake."

She exhaled a short sigh before casting her attention back towards him, her sly demeanor gradually returning, as it always did, thanks to her barrier. She yawned in complacent nonchalance, a friendlier than usual smirk evident on her maw. "Well, it's nice to know you're living the life, now. Piper was the juvenile I talked to; kid's got a decent amount of spunk. I doubt there'll be much to bring the little pipsqueak down. Tundra seems pretty content where she's at." She hadn't spoken to the guardian since the winter began, but she knew as one of the few females respected enough to hold a high rank, she seemed to be living a charmed enough life for what Erenyx had to offer. She had initially assumed the she-wolf to be like most every other arrogant "superior" in the pack, but instead of attempting to punish her for her various brash, patently disrespectful outbursts, Tundra had, strangely enough, claimed to like her, an odd sentiment within itself. Though she'd bragged about her service to the alpha, she hadn't ever glimpsed the white furred Fae commit the same merciless acts reminiscent of the multitude of Teren's other servants. Still, she appeared to devote her prowess to their alpha, and she was somewhat curious as to why Malachai cared so deeply for her. She snickered quietly beneath her breath as she reached an itch behind her ear, her tone teasing and jovial. "Is she your girl, sir Malachai?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting Between Recreants [Malachai]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1