Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to Begin Training [Kida]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Healer Xora
Healer Xora

Time to Begin Training [Kida] Empty
PostSubject: Time to Begin Training [Kida] Time to Begin Training [Kida] Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2016, 21:22

"Speech"
'Thoughts'
Actions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Kida asked Xora to be her Mentor she decided to make a plan as to what she would do first. Whether they would start in a field of herbs or if they would begin in the healers den or even if she would just send her after herbs for a scavenger hunt. And after a bit of logical thinking her mind was settled on beginning in the most obvious area. But first she would have to prepare a lesson and make sure she had all of the basic herbs needed. After waking up that morning Xora heading to Amor Glade and a couple other destinations to collect some herbs that they were low on. The search wasn't difficult, especially since it was summer and herbs were plentiful. The collecting pack wasn't difficult at all, in fact, she had it quite easy. So as she headed back to the clearing to drop the herbs off she headed to where she noticed Kida slept; with little duties except for care for wounds and collect herbs, it was easy to see where every wolf could easily be located. Stopping at the entrance of the den and dropping the herbs, Xora called into the darkness. Softly, not to startle her, but with a bit of urgency in order to not waste time. "Apprentice Kida? If you are in here, I would like you to meet me in the Healers den. I would like to start your training." After speaking, the six year old healer made her way back over to the Healers den. Leaving behind a little bit of lavender, to ensure that her waking would be relaxed and gentle, not a quick and startling encounter. As Xora entered the den she noticed she was the only other one, so she carefully lay out a few basic herbs on the ground and sat in front of them as she waited for the Apprentice.

[Hope this is alright, I am really excited to begin training with Kida!]
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Kida
Apprentice Kida

PostSubject: Re: Time to Begin Training [Kida] Time to Begin Training [Kida] Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2016, 16:43

Kida was awoken by a soft voice. Had she really slept in so long? She looked around the den. She was all alone. Levi must have been wandering the territories and all that. Mother was no doubt doing her duties and father was doing his as well. Nobody had time for Kida anymore. She moved out of the den and smiled to see her mentor. She wagged her tail as she nodded his head and bowed to Xora. "Miss Xora, yes I am ready!" She shuffled towards the Healer's den and stood at the entrance. Her eyes closed and she smiled. She could envision herself being the lead healer of the pack and helping those who are around her. She would help birthing mothers and sickly pups. She opened her eyes as her tail wagged faster than before. She walked inside of the den and sat down as she waited for instructions.
Back to top Go down
Healer Xora
Healer Xora

PostSubject: Re: Time to Begin Training [Kida] Time to Begin Training [Kida] Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2016, 20:52

[Sorry this is so long, it probably would have been much longer but I made it a bit more brief than I had before.]

When the Apprentice walked in and sat down Xora greeted her warmly and started explaining what they would be doing. "It is nice to see you again Apprentice Kida, here I have a few basic herbs that I want to teach you about, I am not sure what all you know about healing yet. But I am going to teach you the basics of how you can find these certain herbs, what they are called, and what they are used for. And anything else you wish to know about them. Sorry if this seems a bit boring, but not everything is going to be action packed.” She chuckled at her last comment and looked down at the herbs she had lay out in front of her. The ones she used often for common mishaps. The one that she would share first sitting on the far left in the lined up herbs, from her point of view and a very useful one. “Now, there are many herbs to help with clearing infections and to quicken the healing process. Such as Alder, Burdock, Dock, Dried Oakleaf, Chervil, Marigold, Wild Garlic, and Horsetail. Although I will show you the easiest one for me to find in the lands. Especially in Amor Glade, it can be found normally in meadows. This herb is called Goldenrod. To apply you chew it up into a poultice, and apply to and open wound. It will heal it quick and also help prevent infection from setting in. I always stay stocked up on this herb, it is one of my favorites here in Helidos. Whenever dealing with poultices though, when you make them you always want to add Catchweed seeds to them in order to protect them. Catchweed can be found in clay, or cool , moist soil.” She paused with a smile on her face as she pushed the golden flower forward with the fluffy green Catchweed seeds and allowed Kida to take in all she said. Before she started speaking about the next herb. “Next you will want to know how to stop bleeding in case a wolf came to you gushing blood. You never want your patient to lose too much blood, even if you have a few tricks on how to recover it. This isn’t what I would refer to as a herb since it doesn’t exactly grow from the ground. But it often can be found in the corners of dens and such places. This is Cobweb. You apply it to a fresh wound which is still bleeding and it absorbs the blood. When dealing with bleeding, you always want to press on the wound and I found it helps stop it quicker.” She pointed her nose to the cobwebs forming in the den. “I allow them to ‘grow’ as they please so that if I need them I can get them fresh.” she chuckled before looking at her last herb. “The last herb I had planned on sharing with you in one not for exactly healing. But instead calming. It doesn’t work by it’s scent like Lavender. Other herbs that can be used to calm are Chamomile, Thyme and Juniper Berries. But this one is the most common. Poppy Seeds are given to wolves to calm them down and allow them rest. It often helps when wolves are too stressed or are acting aggressive. Often when wolves are tense it makes things worse for their wounds and therefore sometimes you just need to calm them down. All you do is give the wolf a poppyseed to chew on and they will calm down quite quickly. You must just be careful to not give these to nursing faes. The flower heads of this herb can also be used for relieving a continuous cough all you have to do is eat it. They also can be found in Amor Glade. And all you do to get the poppyseeds out is-” she quit talking and pulled them out of the middle of the flower carefully with her claws. Then put them on a leaf so that she didn’t lose them all. Giving Kida a demonstration of it. “Do you have any questions? Anything else you would like to know about? It doesn’t have to be just about herbs, it can be about anything related to being a Healer. Whether how I remember this all or how I organize the place. Anything.” She hoped she didn’t bore the Apprentice. And now allowed place for questions. She hoped that wasn’t all the young one wanted. A lecture on those few herbs. She was ready for questions and to be able to explain a bit. She wanted her to know everything possible about healing before she became a full-fledged healer. That way she didn’t have a healer running around giving wolves the wrong herbs and causing more injuries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to Begin Training [Kida] Time to Begin Training [Kida] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to Begin Training [Kida]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1