Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Searching for answers

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Searching for answers Empty
PostSubject: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 11:23

After following Warrior Aurora through the stunning territory for a few hours, she had finally lead him to what seemed to be the Helidos Pack rendezvous site. It was a large clearing in the busy forest, with many dens scattered high and low on the bumpy earth and in the side of the rocky hill. One den was high on top of the hill, which Eclipse guessed was the Alpha pair den, so they could look over their pack and quite literally be above everyone else.

As he lurked on the edge of the clearing, he could see quite a few wolves hanging around, quite overwhelming since he knew none of them. At the same time it was exciting, so many wolves with which to make friends!

He stalked slowly into the clearing, ears back slightly, body held slightly low and muscles tensed. The male stopped when he was just inside, not wanting to go further in so he would feel surrounded. He lifted his tail slightly to expose his rear, expecting a rush of wolves eager to sniff him over and smell his recent whereabouts and history.

Throughout his travels in the pack grounds, everywhere seemed buzzing with life, but here it was serene and calm, wolves relaxing and minding their own business. The feeling was starting to brush off on Eclipse;his ears perked up to their very large glory, his legs softened and he stood up more. He could hear some wolves yawning as they settled down and some whining as they played together. He inhaled deeply, gushing the scents into his nose. They all smelled strong and healthy.

His golden eyes scanned over the scene, trying to reach out for any wolf who looked like an Alpha. He needed to speak to Alpha Azul, meet him for himself and make a judgement on him. He also hoped the male could tell him where he stood in the pack. Would he be tested for a suitable rank? Was he an Omega because he had just joined?

He had so many questions he needed answering and so many wolves he longed to befriend. For now he was just feeling a sense of belonging.

Last edited by Eclipse on May 22nd 2013, 12:28; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 11:40

"If you're looking for Azul, your best bet is to wait for him to come to you. He's been rather busy lately with his mate and his attention is elsewhere at the time. I'd be able to help you out Eclipse, it looks like I am the only friend you have right now." Her voice spoke from beside him but a few feet behind, she had stopped to release her bladder before catching up with the new male. "I mean the whole joining a new pack is overwhelming, I remember my first day. I was never the Warrior type, but I amounted to a greater power and accomplishments by doing the best that I could and by being myself. I can only ask that of you as I place you in with Hunters. I feel you will be best suited to run with the pack on hunts rather than battling with me, should we need to. If you wish to speak with Azul still, I am sure that we could find him, but best not too." Aurora's haunches settled upon the ground as she sat at his shoulders. Her long torso sitting straight up as she looked at the black male.

Gazing around the pack she noticed many wolves she knew, not by personal measures, but of theirs names being in others mouths. Yet, there were still plenty she knew and she slightly smiled at a few lingering females in the camp. "I figure Eclipse, until you know other's you can stick by me. I can introduce you to others and help you get to which you desire, but until then you're a hunter and you will provide the pack with your skills of small game and add it to the kill piles during your down time. On larger hunts, you will assist other hunters such as yourself and higher ranks to provide for the entire pack. Between you and me, I suggest that you stay low. I've done it, and it's gotten me far." Rising up from her sitting spot she shoulder checked the male lightly and began to bound into the camp off to find those she was much more relaxed with. Hoping the male would follow, or continue on his search for Azul. "Good luck, Kid." Aurora's voice hollered back at him as she raced to find her friends.

Last edited by Warrior Aurora on May 22nd 2013, 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 13:15

Keeping his body faced towards the wolves within the clearing, Eclipse turned only his head and his ears swivelled to pick out her voice. It was if she had heard his thoughts and answered all his questions. He guessed she was either picking up on some telepathic signals, or the more likely reason being that she had been in his position before and had the same questions herself.

She told him of the whereabouts of the Alpha, but Eclipse felt slightly worried that he was so busy with his mate that he was not tending so much to his pack. "Oh well", he thought. It was not as if an Alpha should be a controller, an Alpha should just give the pack the general direction. Everyone else knew what direction he had given. But not Eclipse.

For that very reason, he listened to Aurora, hoping he would learn this information, or at least be invited to travel with her. His whole face and eyes brightened when the Warrior said she was his friend, and his tail visibly wagged a little. He shouted at himself from inside his brain, "Eclipse, why do you act so unbrutely!" She definitely was a nice wolf beneath some sort of troubled exterior. He would not call her a fae for she did not seem so much like one. The way she said the word brute at their first meeting also seemed as though she had a dislike to them, so he appreciated that she was a friend. He would accept her for who she was, once he understood her more. He also appreciated she was opening up a little about her past. Perhaps he would soon return the favour.

He studied her as she spoke, listening carefully to her words. But he definitely kept his eyes moving off her as well, he did not want to be "impolitely staring" as the female had said earlier! He had to say, her words were wise, and seeing as the Alpha was not around, he too thought it best to stay with an established pack member when meeting others. And he had a rank that wasn't Omega! This was very relieving, for although he did not want a dominant position, he was not so weak as to suit a submissive one either. Hunter. He liked it, didn't sound too high or low. He was good at tracking prey and he enjoys hunting. Perfect. He was happy with her decision and knew he would fulfil the role.

The only thing was, if she was not a hunter would he still get to hunt with her? He would not so much like getting lost from her or he would be in new territory and with new wolves.

He was just about to question this when she rose from her haunches, bumped his shoulder and bounded off further into the clearing, wishing the kid luck. Normally, he would growl a little at being bumped like that, thinking it was disrespectful, but he sensed it was playful. And kid, well he wasn't quite one, but he sometimes acted like one. He wondered how old she was. It was hard to tell.

Sensing her playful teasing, and not wanting to be left behind, he loped after the female and when he reached just behind her he grabbed her tail not too roughly, a sign that he wanted to play.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 13:34

Aurora spun around with a growl and a snap of her jaws. She had never had her tail pulled by an adult wolf and was startled at the sudden nip of the teeth behind the wolf. When she realized who it was and why he had done it, she settled and swatted a paw at his head. "Chasing after a running wolf isn't the greatest. I didn't think you would follow me. I figured you'd stay and go about your own business. My apologizes Eclipse." Aurora found herself circling around the male, once more taking in his frame before she charged at his side, hoping to send him tumbling. "Payback is a nasty thing." Laughter emitted from her snout as she trotted to his side to nuzzle his head. Aurora was a very friendly female, but she wasn't one to play fair. Aurora's whole life consisted of males treating her as if she wasn't able to do most of the same things as another brute, and per usual, she would always prove them wrong. Realizing how hard she had pushed Eclipse she looked down at him, her eyes locking with his. "Sorry." She whispered before helping him up by using her head against his shoulder.

"There are plenty of others here, who would find your antics enjoyable. Certainly not I, but I am always up for a small hunt or a long run. I take my work seriously Eclipse and I make sure that everyone is doing okay, and that there are no problems. I hope that I can expect great things from you and that you hold true to your words by staying faithful to Azul and myself." Aurora spoke as she stepped back from the male, once more turning a circle around him. Then suddenly she snapped at his tail, much like he had done to her, and she tore off running. Laughter erupting from her throat and stomach, echoing off the trees that surrounded them. introducing Eclipse to a few people would be better than having him beside her all the time, but then again, despite her natural attraction to female there was something about this male that didn't bother her as much as others. Having him around wouldn't be so bad, would it?
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 14:33

Eclipse's eyes widened and ears flattened back as she snapped at him, he had only meant it as a joke. But then when she swatted his head like a pup trying to catch a fly, he guffawed, in rather an unattractive way. Luckily, he does not take himself too seriously.

She explained herself and apologised, so everything was fine. His ears perked and he smirked as she circled him, knowing what was coming. Then so soon he fell and somersaulted backwards, tumbling in the dirt, sending his behind into the air and winding him. The air was pushed out his lungs. Ouch, he thought. Being a Warrior as she was, he expected as much of the female, and he was in a rather weak state so to easily topple over.But she nuzzled his head warmly afterwards. An eye for an eye, he guessed. He could feel the kindling warmth of a very hopeful friendship. As she said sorry, he replied, "Oh, no need to apologise, I'm sure I deserved it".

He bowed his dark head as she explained she was not fond of his play, and noted it for the future. Listening to her say she enjoyed a small hunt, his amber eyes glistened. "Perhaps we could go and hunt and you could introduce me to your frien..." He was cut off as Aurora pulled his tail with more force then he had done to hers, and he shrieked and jerked his head round.

Her white form raced off as fast as a bullet, laughing uncontrollably at her revengeful deed. "Oh, so it's that way!", Eclipse shouted after her, and he too ran laughing with pure glee, his tongue lolling out of his maw. He could not ever catch up to her so he shouted for her to wait up for him.

When she fell for it, he body slammed her hard, knowing she could handle it, and she toppled over, landing on her back softly. There he rested one paw lightly on her chest and he stared down fascinated by the contrast between his dark limb and her pure white pelt. Quickly, he gazed kindly into her eyes and panted a little from the chase. He continued his unfinished sentence from earlier, "Perhaps we could go and hunt and you could introduce me to your friends?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2013, 15:45

"A cunning trickster!" She said as she rolled over onto her stomach before pulling herself back up. "I like the way you work Eclipse. A hunt sounds lovely and I would love to introduce you to some others. For someone who has hardly had time to nourish themselves, you're still strong enough to knock a grown female off her feet." Aurora smiled as she rubbed her head against his a last time before picking up her pace. Long legs began a travel up towards the meadow where she knew smaller game would be found.

"Eclipse dear, please, tell me a bit more about yourself. Like, where do you come from and what you hope to achieve here in the pack. I can do my best to make sure that you'll be okay, but there will be times when you'll have to go about things alone. That's what makes a wolf, independence. As much of a mentor I am to you, honesty must come first. I took you under my wing because you are the first humble wolf I have meet in a long time. You remind me of a dear friend, Kodiak. You'll surely meet him later down the road, but for now, how does rabbit sound for a quick meal? I am not hungry, I ate a small meal earlier, but I am happy to do the work for you so you don't lose your energy that you have mustered up." Her voice was kind and soft as they travelled together, casually walking down the path towards the luscious meadow.

Her eyes scanned forward, awaiting his response, keeping her eyes peeled for familiar faces and strangers along the way. All she wanted was to learn Eclipse inside and out, to help him become the best he could be, and to have a friend who she could trust with her whole heart. Although she already had that with Kodiak and Ember, she wanted companionships with more people. The chances of her finding love were slim to none, but there was one special girl.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2013, 03:33

((Sorry if it's too long!))

He removed his paw from her coat, allowing her to roll over and get to her feet. He smiled and caught his breath, and stood there listening intently for her response to his question. He brightened his eyes and flicked his tail at the hope of meeting others. He had hoped Aurora would introduce him to her friends before hunting, so that everyone could bond and cooperate during a group hunt. Never mind, they would hunt now and maybe save something to bring back to the pack. "It was not my strength that knocked you over. I was just running so fast and I couldn't stop! Sorry if it was a step too far". She nuzzled his head once more, a wolf version of a hug. Eclipse felt bad for never showing any signs of affection to her. Perhaps he shouldn't.

He trotted slightly behind her, listening to the birds sing their evening chorus, and it was just then he saw the sun had begun to set.  As she spoke, his mind wandered to where he would sleep when the sun itself had gone to its den. Then the mountains upon his head stood taller as he picked out her questions. The way she had addressed him, "dear",  he found very comforting and motherly. Though, he was not looking for a mother, so he decided to try his best to not behave like a pup anymore.

"Well, Warrior Aurora, my life is not very exciting, but I guess it is important in who I am to you right now. I came from further south than here. I was born into a normal pack that only contained my parents and my siblings. So please forgive me when I stared at you at our first meeting, but I had never seen such a light wolf before. Your fur is quite something."

"I ended up at your border because I have journeyed far looking for my sister. From joining this pack, I hope to learn to move on from my past, make some more great friends, catch up on the training I have missed out on and to gain some purpose. I believe I was just born into the wrong place, and that I do deserve the same things other wolves have"

"I understand I have become rather clingy to you, and I will definitely try and do some things alone. I was just so happy to see another wolf again that I guess I just sort of got attached. I apologise. And thank you for your compliment. Also, I would rather like to meet this Kodiak, a friend of yours is a friend of mine."
He allowed himself a small grin.

His stomach lurched and squirmed and it dawned on him that he may need a bigger meal than a rabbit. "Ummm... sorry if you don't want to, but I am rather hungry and since there are two of us there is a good chance of successfully hunting larger game. It may sound greedy, but perhaps if we hunt a small doe or a fawn then I could eat my fill and then we could take leftovers to the pack? I would feel useful if I provided your friends with something".

Last edited by Hunter Eclipse on July 13th 2013, 06:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2013, 18:29

((Due to a busy schedule, I, Warrior Aurora, have decided to initiate a time skip in this thread between Hunter Eclipse and myself. The time skip will include the hunt, in which Eclipse has brought back a small amount of meat to place into the kill pile for others to enjoy. Also, thus concluding this thread. Please, feel free to create a new thread to begin your journey alone into the pack and discovering who you are and what your purpose is in the pack. Thank you.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for answers Searching for answers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching for answers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1