Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exploring...

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 16:57

Everything was a blur as Ember ran through the woods. She launched herself over anything in her way. To anyone else it would look like she was running away from something, but the truth was she wanted to feel free. Her small, peppered ears were pinned to her skull as she ran as fast as she could. All of the scents she took in were slightly overwhelming, especially since she had been on her own for quite some time. Seeing a huge tree to late to veer around, Ember skidded to a stop. She almost smashed her small head into the tree, but instead rose on her back legs and practically hugged the tree. Shaking off the feeling of being startled, she braced her back legs on the tree and shot herself forward. Just like that, she was off again.

Ember skidded to a halt when she saw a beautiful sight that had distracted her and made her trip slightly. The falls were beautiful, even in this cold season. Her snowy grey eyes took in the scenery, and her onyx tipped tail twitched slightly. She had never seen anything like what she was seeing in this moment. Ember stood and walked closer to the water's edge on silent paws, seeing it wasn't completely frozen. Keeping her ears back towards the brush behind her, she bent her neck to drink. Energy was coursing through her, and it was usually hard to keep up with her or control her. She would listen to wolves higher in rank than her, but even that was a tiny bit hard. Lifting her head, she looked around to make sure she wasn't being watched.

Deciding to rest for a while, Ember lay down. She kept herself alert and was paying attention to every noise that reached her ears. Being very timid had kept her alive while she was a loner, and it was habit. Keeping her focus on both the beautiful place she was in and listening to every little noise, Ember relaxed until it she was ready to run again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 17:17

Still frustrated by the encounter earlier that day, Creek scoffed under her breath as she walked to the falls. Her mind swelled with mixed emotions about the two males that had almost battled it out and the fiery female who had nearly fought herself. There was so much tension in the pack that the cream female was glad to be away. Her paws tread lightly as her path veered towards the sound of running water. It was still early in the season and Creek was hopeful to see what sort of herbs grew around here. She was already thinking ahead to the wonderful store she would build to house all her herbs.

Daydreaming for a while the falls came into view up ahead. She bit back a gasp at its sheer size and quickened her pace slightly. The sight was beautiful and captured her voice as her pale eyes fell over the rushing water. Clouded senses didn't alert her to the sleeping female near the falls and Creek nearly stepped on her as her eyes darted about to search for herbs. "Oh I'm so sorry there, I didn't see you." She said in a sweet voice that was filled with embarrassment. She hadn't meant to disturb the female and in the back of her mind she wondered how she would react to the interruption. "My name's Creek, I'm a caretaker here and was just looking for some healing herbs. I didn't mean to bother you I hope you forgive me." She said with a smile at the female.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 18:05

Waking up with someone nearly stepping on her was not exactly ideal to Ember. Snapping awake, she looked to see who hadn't seen her. A big grin settled on her face at the sight of another pack member. Ears perked forward, she listened to the other fae's apology. Ember shook her head and said in a friendly voice, "No worries, most wolves don't exactly see me until I'm directly under their paws anyway. I am Ember, a Warrior. It is delightful to meet you, Creek." Ember didn't want to scare off the chance of possibly making a friend. The other wolf was about as small as her, and her name was unique like Ember's personality.

" Collecting herbs? I could help if you'd like." Ember truly wanted to help the other female, especially a caretaker. Standing on her long legs, she sat and titled her head curiously. Her unusual snowy grey eyes were friendly, and her black and grey coat shone in the sun. At this angle, the white that covered Ember from chest to paw was almost blinding. Ember gave a friendly grin as she waited for Creek's response.

Last edited by Warrior Ember on January 8th 2013, 18:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing it)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 19:47

eek's uneasyness quickly vanished when she saw the smile on the female's face. Sitting down the caretaker dipped her head to the warrior and fellow pack mate and her own grin grew on her face. "Its a pleasure to meet you Ember, its nice to meet another pack member as I haven't been here long. I've only been here since yesterday, have you been here long?" She questioned, her voice clear and sweet.

Creek was intrigued by Ember's coat and its coloring. She had never seen a wolf with her fur pattern before and she had to stop herself from staring. Always friendly Creek was excited at the possibility of a new friend. Her tail wagged out behind her and at the female's next words her eyes subcounsiously scanned behind the female for obious herbs. New to the job Creek wasn't even sure if there was a sutible store made for the herbs. For now it would be best not to pick anything and only search things out. For this task a second pair of eyes would be perfect. "I'd love the help, thank you for offering. I'm not going to pick anything just yet for I need to know if there's a place to house the herbs, but we can certainly seek them out." She said happily as she stood to her feet and looked about.

Unaware if the female had any experience with herbs Creek looked back to her with a smile, "How about we look for some chervil, thats very usfull for infection and healing wounds. With the river here it should grow nicely, it's a curly leaved bushy plant with crisp green leaves. If you find any let me know." She said before turning and scanning the immidiate area for the parsly-like plant.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 20:20

Ember could see the caretaker relax and a sigh of relief escaped her. At least this wolf hadn't ran from her and her odd personality, at least not yet. The fae's ears perked at Creek's question. "No, I wouldn't say I have been here long. A few days is the longest I've been here I believe." Ember was glad to finally meet another pack member other than the Alpha. As she stood, her black-tipped tail swayed in the breeze. She watched their surroundings, making sure nothing was going to jump out at them.

At Creek's response to her offer to help, Ember spoke kindly. "Ah, I see. We can certainly seek them out. It will only save time in the end, for when you find a place to store them all you have to do is come back to where you found them. Hmmmm.... Chervil. I am familiar with it. My adoptive mother used it on my adoptive father after a bad fight. With colder weather coming, it is a good idea to get as much as possible." Now standing, Ember put her nose to the ground and smelled deeply. She was looking for the familiar scent when it came faintly along the breeze. Following the scent, she came upon a nice patch growing in a moist part of the ground.

"I believe I found some, and a lot of it!", Ember called to Creek, for her nose had guided her a little ways away. Bending her neck towards the patch, she smelled once again to check that she didn't mistake it for another herb. Yes, this was definitely the smell that filled her den as a pup on nights where her adoptive father needed healing. A slight wagging in Ember's black tipped tail could be seen, for she was happy that her memory didn't fail her. Sitting down, she waited for Creek to come and inspect the herbs she had found.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2013, 20:36

Creek listened to Ember, taking in what she said about just getting here. Creek felt relieved that she wasn't the only new wolf here and glad at the possability of making a new friend. The caretaker was even glader when Ember spoke of knowing the plant she sought out, this would make their job easier. The pair split up and Creek followed the creek bed and found a tiny batch of thyme. Pleased by the find she breathed in its smooth scent and relished in its potency. It was a useful herb to calm anxiety and could even put wolves to sleep if needed, she would make a note about where it was.

Creek's ears perked behind her as Ember called for her. Turning and padding over her smile grew at Ember's find of chervil. It was a lush patch of healthy herb and very green. "Well done Ember these look great we'll have to return to get some later. Do you know of any other herbs? I found some thyme by the creek, but there are loads more that should be stocked up by winter." She said thinking of the cold months months that always brought sickness. Thinking back she remembered a winter where she worked night and day to care for two elders. They had a deep couch that brought up green mucus and it was possible to lose them. With Creek's determination and the right herbs she managed to save them, she hoped she would be as lucky here.

In her mind Creek made a note to locate a good source of cobwebs for injuries and the two flowers feverfew and marigold. Both were very useful in treating infection and fever and would be needed in the coming months. Creek knew marigold liked open fields whereas feverfew prefered a wooded place. They might have to broaden their search.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 19:59

Ember was happy at the fact she could use her small skill with herbs to help the caretaker. Her onyx tipped tail swayed in the breeze as she thought over what other herbs she knew. At Creek's question, her peppered ears perked forward. "Yes I do know of more herbs, but only a few. I wasn't exactly one to stay in my den and help my mother take care of wounded warriors, but I learned from watching her on the days that I wanted too." Sitting back, Ember smelt the air for any hint of more herbs.

"I do smell thyme on the air, but also a hint of both marigold and feverfew. They are farther away from where we are. Their scent is carried along in the breeze, but they smell like good patches. We could go to where they are after we found all we needed along the water if you'd lie." Ember knew little about the herbs in general, but their scent was completely familiar to her. Even though the wind only gave her faint hints of the herbs, she knew that there was enough for the caretaker to make more than one trip. Perking her ears slightly, she listened to the rustle in the bushes as the wind forced itself through their branches. A friendly grin played across her face as she looked at Creek, her possibly new friend.

Ember studied studied Creek. Her fur was a light creamy color, and she gave off a trusting feeling. Happy that she saw no violence in Creek's stance, Ember looked to the caretaker and waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 20:12

Creek's happiness only grew as the female scented more herbs nearby. Surprised by the talent of her nose a smile grew on the cream female and her tail wagged. "That's so wonderful Ember, I'm very glad o have met you, though if I'm keeping you from something I don't mean to" She said wondering if the female wanted to remain here or go off somewhere. Creek was happy to have made a new friend and wanted to spend more time with her, but would respect her wishes if she wanted to leave.

Tilting her nose to the wind Creek could now make out the tangy scent of fever few and the faint sweet scent of marigold flowers. Now the females really wished to have a store to house these herbs, her fear was that she would forget where they were. "I really appreciate you helping me Ember, did your mother have teach you the scent of nightshade or death berries? They are poisonous and very dangerous, so I wish to seek them out so I can warn the pack of them." She said with concern in her voice. A new memory washed over her and the limp figure of a pup who had been too curious grew in her mind. She silently prayed such a tragedy would never fall on this pack, and she was determined to uphold that.

Thinking back to herbs Creek now made a mental note to find a good stash of cob webs. They were very useful in controlling bleeding, and quite easy to store, the trick was where to find them. They liked to be in caves or dark places that were seldom used, they would be a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 20:31

Ember's happiness grew at Creek's praise, fro she loved helping in any way she could. At her question, Ember gave a puzzled look. "No worries, I don't have anywhere else to be. I am supposed to be exploring the territories and I count this as an adventure. If you need any help in the future, just ask me. I don't mind helping at all, especially if it's the wolf that could be healing any future wounds I would have." Ember was very grateful to the caretakers, for she knew their importance within the pack.

At Creek's question, her posture sunk a small bit. An elder in her old pack had died from death berries, so she knew the scent well. "Yes, I know the scent of both the berries and the herb very well. It is very wise to warn the pack of such things. Their scent isn't near this place, but I smelled some faintly along the breeze and made sure to stay away. It was nightshade I smelled, but i haven't seen or smelled any death berries close by." Ember was glad at the truthfulness in her last comment. Death berries were Ember's least favorite thing to stumble upon. Not even an aggressive loner could make her hate anything more than those death berries.

Ember remembered clearly the way she had come, so if Creek wanted to find the nightshade she could easily track it. Ember kept caution of their surroundings, for she did not like any chance that something would surprise them. Turning her snowy eyes back to Creek, Ember flicked her peppered ears and waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2013, 20:41

Grateful that her new friend wasn't bored of her yet Creek relaxed further and smiled again. "Well thank you again for helping me, I will be sure to remember it in the future. I too was told to explore and meet new wolves, so I guess we're in the same boat." She said with a small chuckle. "From what you've told me it sounds as if your mother was a Caretaker, am I right? My mother was one and taught me everything I know, she was my greatest asset growing up." She said with a grin from mentioning my family.

Creek then stiffened as Ember mentioned scenting nightshade. It was as dangerous as death berries and had the same look as the rare catnip, yet without the purple flowers. Creek knew it would be bad if a wolf stumbled across the deadly herb mistaking it for something else. "We should find that first and mark it off somehow as bad. After that we can seek out the fever few and marigold you scented. On the way we could also look for cobwebs for they are always needed." she said sweetly and she stood ready to follow the female.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2013, 16:59

At Creek's words, Ember eyes wandered around their surroundings. "It is no trouble, and yes my adoptive mother was both the caretaker and alpha female. She tried to teach me and make me her apprentice, but it only lasted for a little while. I was always focusing on what fighting techniques my siblings were learning and what prey they hunted." At Creek's smile, Ember gave a small one of her own. She was happy at making a new friend when she had just got here.

When Creek mentioned the nightshade, Ember nodded slowly. " It would be good to mark it off as bad or kill it. I'll show you where it is, but follow me carefully because that are holes that could break your leg. Can nightshade be killed, Creek? I know the scents of herbs but not what they particularly do." At her words about cobwebs, Ember's tail wagged slightly. " Oh! You can find some of those in the caves near the waterfalls. When the spiders realize that it is too wet for insects to come, they leave." She was happy that she knew where a lot of these things were. Standing on her long legs, Ember walked carefully made her way around the holes and towards the scent of nightshade growing stronger.

Stopping a good distance away, Ember nodded to the patch of the dreaded herb that was just within their view. "Here it is, but what did you have planned on doing to it?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2013, 22:34

Creek was impressed by Ember's upbringing. It was enough to have a Caretaker as a parent, but an Alpha as well? "That sounds very busy being an Alpha and Caretaker, I couldn't imagine having that much responsibility." She said softly, still impressed of the warriors mother. The female then followed the warrior to the deadly plant. At the sight of it she drew her lips back in a snarl. The plant held ghastly power to kill and such a thing wouldn't be allowed near her new home. Moving closer to it her ears flicked back to Ember, "It can be killed yes. We could either dig it up or crush it. We could roll some large rocks on it then mark it off as dangerous in case it grows through the rocks."

At mentions of the cobwebs Creek grew excited, yet it soon fell as Ember mentioned where they were. "That sounds good, but I fear the moisture from the falls will make them soggy. They need to be dry to work the nest, but its a good idea none the less. Maybe there's an old cave near by with some. Do you want to look while I crush this horrid thing?" She questioned before turning back to the plant.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2013, 07:37

"Yes, I guess it was a rather large responsibility. I wouldn't exactly know since I was out training with my siblings, but when I was around my adoptive mother tried to teach me as much as possible." Ember left out the fact that she was the reason there was a pack to train for in the first place. She had brought a group of loners together with her family just by simply being generous. Listening to creek tell her that the deadly plant there viewed could be killed made her tail curl and wag slightly. She felt victorious that the plant could indeed die.

Ember's happiness lessened when she was told that the cob webs would be soggy. "I suppose they would be rather soggy from all of the moisture, but I'm sure I can find some somewhere. I'll go look while you kill that horrid plant." Starting off at a trot, the fae gracefully started running the territory around them. She was looking for cave when something caught her eye. Skidding to a stop, she looked at the small cave that normally couldn't be seen unless you had a careful eye. Walking slowly to it, she used her head to push away some of the brush that had risen around it. Looking inside, she saw that this was the perfect place for cob webs. Tons of them covered the inside of the small cave. "Creek, I believe that I've found what you were looking for. Possibly more than what you are looking for." Ember couldn't believe what she had found. The walls of the cave glittered like diamonds when the sunlight touched them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 19:58

Ember's words fell on the female and sunk in as Creek turned to roll a large rock on the nightshade. In the back of her mind she thought of her own mother and smiled under her dropped maw when picturing her bright face and warm smile. The rock rolling made her strain and pant, but after a few minutes of pushing she managed to push the rock on top of the plant. Peering down at it she kicked dirt and smaller rocks over a few parts that weren't covered and stood up satisfied.

Her ears then perked as the Warrior called for her. Turning her head she followed the sound to a dip in a hill nearby. Padding over she saw Ember half way in a small cave. When she approached and the female retracted her face was bright and her words made Creek's even brighter. Seeing for herself the small cave was indeed full on the magic webs and they were bone dry. "Great job Ember, these are perfect. Could you find me a unusual looking stick on something to mark it? That way we know where it is when we need them. After that we really should head back, I'd like to see the condition of the caretaker den, or if there is even a den. Will you accompany me back?" She asked hoping her new companion would come back.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 20:22

Ember was happy that she could help her new companion and friend out. She thanked her adoptive mother silently for teaching her these things. The cave they were looking at was full of cobwebs, yes, but Ember saw it as a place for her to go if she wanted to run. Walking around the cave, she took in its scent so she could track it down later. At Creek's words, her head snapped up. "Yes, I can do that. Afterwards I can accompany you back, even help you gather the large amount of herbs we found." Ember was, as some wolves called her, too kind for her own good. She used to catch the best food for her pack and split it between the mothering wolves and the elders, leaving none for herself. Instead, she would eat after she was sure everyone else was taken care of.

"I will be right back. I'm going to find n unusual stick or something to mark this place." Trotting off, she gracefully moved into a run. Seeing a bush with rather odd, curly branches, she tore off a single curled branch. Running back to Creek, she set it in front of her friend. "This branch looks rather unusual, don't you think?" A small smile played upon her face, thinking that the branch looked like a snake twisted all around. Sitting down, she waited for her friend to tell her what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 21:37

The cobwebs were wonderful. They were varied in length, thickness and all prime for using. Peering further into the cave Creek noticed many small spiders towards the back, this made hr smile for it meant the supply wouldn't run out easily. Flicking her ears back t Ember a warm smile filled her face. "You are too kind Ember thank you, yes I would like you to accompany me back and perhaps if you aren't too busy I might ask for your help in gathering herbs. With your eagerness to learn I'm surprised you didn't want to follow in this art, I would have been glad to apprentice you." She said silently wishing Azul would someday grant her such a privilege. Creek had so much to teach and a open heart for a eager young caretaker. to learn.

Stepping out of the small cave Creek shock her fur from dust and licked at a paw before sending it over her cream ear. Pleased that he looked presentable the female waited for Ember to return with the branch before glancing towards camp. "Yes that looks very nice, thank you. I wouldn't want to loose such a prize that you found." She said warmly before taking a step in the direction of camp, "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 09:53

"I am never to busy to help a caretaker. Of course I will assist you in anything you need. I'm afraid the art if healing isn't for me, Creek. When I hunt or fight, I feel completely free and alive. When I run it's like nothing can touch me. Yes, I enjoy taking care of others, but I'm afraid my heart wouldn't be into it and I would go mad with the need to run and hunt. Of course I would love to learn more. If you ever need more help than what you have, I would be glad to assist you, but I'm a warrior at heart." Ember spoke the words with pure honesty, for that is what she felt.

Shaking out her fluffy, peppered fur, she licked at fur surrounding the ragged scar on her leg to hide it as best she could. Catching the scent of home, she started walking gracefully. "Thank you, Creek, for being so kind to me. I'm glad to make a friend such as yourself. If you would like, we could make a game of getting back home. A race maybe?" A playful grin lit her face as she watched her new friend, waiting for her response.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 19:50

Saddened that her friend wouldn't follow in her path Creek's ears fell back slightly. She was glad that Ember found happiness in being a warrior, but she was wished silently that her new friend wouldn't share the art of healing with her. Though she was her fiend it stung a bit, but Creek shrugged it off. Clearing her mind the fmale showed no hint of remorse and a smile replaced the previous look on her face. "It's good that you have something in your life that calls to you. Healing is the same for me, though I do like a good hunt now and then. The thrill of helping someone or the joy in a loved one getting better just calls to me like running calls to you." She said softly, her eyes full of warmth.

The female's eyes scanned the sky and the scent f a col wind fell over Creek. She had a felling that winter would be here very soon and the sooner the pair gathered the herbs the better. Ember started to speak again and Creek half listened as her mind started to fill with worry about gathering the herbs in time. Coming back Creek heard Ember mention a race and her heart fluttered. Running had never been a strong suit f the female, but if it captured Ember so much she could push past her hesitatin. "I'm not very fast, you'll probably beat me if you ran backwards." She said with a laugh that held truth.

Training with her mother left little time for basic warrior skills like spee and endurance. Her body may be lithe and seem agile, but in reality Creek was a bit clusmy and slow. It didn't bring her down much, but seeing Ember so happy with these skills made Creek wonder if they held a new passion for her. "I'll give it a try, though like I said I'm not that fast. What about we race for a bit then play a game I played as a pup, hide an seek?" She ffered knowing that game she was at least semi good at.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2013, 20:50

Ember gave Creek a mock-horrified look. "I cannot run backwards for the life of me. Hell, I almost ran into a tree running forwards. I'll make you a deal. You teach me more about herbs, and I will help you as much as I can with learning more warrior skills." The fae wanted her friend to see how much fun it could be to run and feel like you're flying. At Creek's question of hide and seek, Ember's tail curled and wagged happily. "Yes, I love that game, but we should make time to gather the herbs before any snow or cold ruins them. Oh! Maybe we could play the game around the herbs we found. So when we hide we can check on them as well. Then, when the game is over, we can gather some and bring them back?"

Ember was ready to race, so she stood by Creek's side. "Okay, the race is from here to where we found the thyme. I'll go slower for you so you don't lose sight of me in case you need me, okay? And...... Go!" Ember gracefully went from a trot to a fast lope, making sure she could hear Creek behind her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2013, 22:31

Nodding her cream head Creek gave a warm grin at the idea she proposed to Ember. The idea of any wolf running backwards seemed funny to her and she couldn't imagine it ending well for her. "Sounds like an idea, but your work may be cut out for you." She was telling the truth for all through her puphood she had failed at easy warrior tasks. Running great distances proved a hard task as did jumping and winning spars. Creek had once caught a rabbit from sheer luck and had lit a fire in her, but without training she had never done it again.

Creek nodded at Ember's idea fr the game, but shock her head. A cold breeze blew through her fur and made her shiver with worry. "I fear the game might have to wait. We should hurry quickly to the den to see the state of it then run back here to get the herbs. That wind may be the start of snow and it will kill them." She said in a worried tone as she alternated weight of her front paws. Creek was ready to run as she grew anxious to gather the herbs.

"Lets go!" She yelled then broke off at a smooth lope, unsure if her pace could match Ember's.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 14:12

"Ok, the game shall wait. Let's go collect those herbs." Ember smiled warmly at Creek as they ran. She made sure she kept her pace slow so that her friend could stay by her sides. Going back to where they found the thyme, Ember looked at Creek questioningly. "How am I to pick it? Is there a specific way?"

Deciding to be a little odd, Ember lay on the ground and protected the herb from the winter's chill. She waited for Creek to respond as she exhaled softly on the thyme, keeping it warm to it wouldn't freeze. a small smile lit her face as she looked at Creek. "It will freeze soon if we don't get to it. I can see the slightest of frost gathering on it. After we pick all of the herbs, would you like to learn the vary first Warrior task. My mother always told me that toughening up is always necessary if it is needed. Even for a Caretaker. I promise, the first thing you learn will be really easy." Ember thought that a small hunt for some mice couldn't hurt the Caretaker. Creek would be better off if the pack ever got separated from her if she knew how to hunt even the smallest game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 21:11

Keeping pace with Ember was hard at first, but after Creek got the rhythm of running hard it proved fluid and effortless. Quickly she caught up to her friend and surged forward, enjoying the feel of the wind through her fur. Was this what she had been missing all these years? Looking back Ember's words hit her, "Thyme is a type of herb that grows up every year from the last's pickings. When harvesting it I make sure to leave a good paws length on the plant with several leaf buds, that way the plant won't die." She said, proud in her knowledge of healing.

Soon they were up to the thyme, it lay cold from the frost yet still alive. Bending down Creek nosed it near Ember and nipped off the right amount of it. Holding it softly in her jaws she nodded to Ember and motioned back to camp. "We should take this back before any warrior tasks, though I am looking forward to learning from you." She mumbled out before treading softly towards the camp.

ooc-Want to bring this to the thread with Chiara and Geneveive? They have to go back to the den anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 08:06

Ember was impressed with Creek's knowledge, for she the didn't know half as much as her friend. As Creek instructed, Ember picked the thyme with care. Mumbling around her own mouthful of thyme, she spoke. "Ok We can take this back to camp, but then I'm going to teach you how to really run. When I run, nothing stands in my way and I'm going to teach you how to do that." Her snowy eyes lit up with the fact that she could share what she felt about running.

Ember followed Creek, trotting along with excitement. She was careful with the thyme, holding in her mouth and trying not to clamp her jaws.

ooc- Yes, could you start by going into the camp?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2013, 21:30

Creek nodded her pale head, eyes lit up and a warm smilef rom ear to ear. The brief run left her breathless but hungry for more excitment. "Sounds like a plan, thank you for all your help again. I know I must sound redundant, but I truly mean it." She mumbled back as she nsed Ember's side affectionetly. AFter she bounced forward and started off at a trot. Looking over her shoulder for Ember her paws led her towards the main dens, and perhaps the new healing den.

Inside Creek felt more alive than ever, her paws gripped at the irt with a new found strength she never felt before. Breathing seemed to heighten this new feeling and she soaked in the frigid air like honey as her pace quikened. In her old pack Healers weren't taught these sorts of things, for their main job was to tend to the pack and care for them. Thinking back she now realized what all she had been missing, it was sad.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2013, 15:00

At Creek's smile, Ember gave one of her own. The fae had been very happy to gain a friend so quickly. "You don't sound redundant, and I mean it when I say I look forward to teaching you." Even if she didn't know it, Creek possessed a lot of potential. The look of bliss on her face as they ran didn't go exactly unnoticed. At least Ember knew that Creek wouldn't object to the amount of running they were going to do. A little time and Creek would be able to stay a few feet behind Ember. She had worked her body to its limits most of the time to be able to run as fast as she did.

Following behind Creek, Ember stayed at a graceful and relaxing lope. The time to show how fast she really was would come soon. Hunting and fighting, of course, would be another thing. Learning those things would be trickier.

occ- Are you going to post at the caretaker den do should I?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exploring...  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring... Exploring...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exploring...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1