Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Beginnings (Quinn)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

New Beginnings (Quinn) Empty
PostSubject: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2014, 20:56

After returning from his walk with the Nnyla, Jackle foraged for some herbs and medical uses for a while. Stocking up on pile that were low and replacing the ones that were no good anymore. It was always a good thing to replace the stock pile with fresh, especially in his eyes. As he drew around the corner, the familiar scent of Creek was beginning to fade, although still strong, he knew that one day soon he would no longer smell her. The scent will eventually disappear leaving a void in Helidos as well as his heart. Such the perks of being a healer, his mind thought.

The healer was getting accustomed to the lands and it's medicinal uses, as well as the other wolves. Although never having conversations with others he began to know their names in others conversations and through their own homeopathic scents. Still, one scent in particular was close by and on the wind approaching him. The new Alphess. Jackle froze in his gait, turning around from the opening to the den, mad gazed out upon the fir. Indeed she was nearby, but was she coming to see him, was everything all right?
Back to top Go down
Quinn Of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Quinn Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2014, 09:39

After the big meeting of the changes, Quinn  moved about the pack. She explored the inner workings first before adventuring out into the wilds. Moving slow as she went, she approached the dens of the healers. They seemed to be surrounding the actual den used for healing. she could smell the fresh herbs coming from the entrance of the den. In the approach to the dens, she found a male standing close to his home. Trying to recall his name and face from the bunches she had heard from earlier that day, she smiled and moved closer to him. Her small frame seemed even smaller near him, though he was close to average height. "Jackle, was it? How are you doing? I thought I would come around and speak with each wolf individually, you know, give you chance to get to know who your Alphess is. I hope I am not intruding on anything for you dear." Her voice was soft and calm, her eyes watched him, wondering what he would do or say in this situation. She hoped he would be relaxed, and not uptight like many wolves were when first meeting their Alpha.

Last edited by Alphess Quinn on June 3rd 2014, 07:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2014, 11:10

The Alphess's voice was gentle to his ears, calm and quiet which was unique in it's own way. The female spoke kind words of properly meeting the other wolves of the pack and for a spilt moment, Jackle felt welcomed more now than he had ever. It was always real to him when the Alpha or Alphess took time out of their day to meet the inner workings of the pack. Although, not a superior rank, Jackle felt like he was indeed very important to the pack. Overall, he was in charge of the health an well being of others, and in certain cases the results of life and death.

As he listened to her kind words, Jackle calmly relaxed and sat down before her, gently dropping his head to her to acknowledge her rank. Then returned her conversation, "If I may be so bold to call you Quinn, indeed Jackle it is, and what a pleasure it is to have you here at my home and establishment of work. Such a pleasure to have your company." The baritone voice was soft and low as he spoke kind words to his newest Alphess. "And, congratulations on your new found rank, it suits you well. I do apologize for seeming to stand on edge, I could smell you coming and I had feared the worst, but I am relieved to see that your visit is not for your health but of curiosity." The cream and white male continued his statement but the fell quiet. Wondering if she was aware of Creek and what her visit was of, soon he would be the only healer, until Athena would leave her apprenticeship. It was a great honor to have the Alphess here with him, knowing now that with friendship would come great things, an the blessings of helping her when she was ill or hurt.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Quinn Of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Quinn Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 07:31

"Jackle, when no other wolves are present, you may call me Quinn. It is only when there are others around, that you will have to address me as my rank. In private settings such as this, I do not mind you leaving my title out. But please, do not allow this courtesy to slip when we are in the presence of others, for it will look extremely bad on both our accounts." She did not mind being called "Quinn". It was strange to be getting it so quickly from both Fel and Jackle. In her old pack none of the other wolves called her anything without Alphess in it, unless it was her mate, Fenris. He was the only wolf to speak to her so boldly. Even Teren the largest and devilish brute called her "Alphess". "Why thank you Jackle. I am already starting to feel welcomed here and I hope the transition will be a smooth one." She chuckled gently, giving him a soft smile. "I am very well, thank you. I have not been sick since I gave birth to my own pups. So tell me, Jackle, how long have you been with this pack, and what can you tell me of it? I am trying to get everyone's views on this place, so I have a full understanding of it."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2014, 20:15

The male felt at easy with the Alphess, much like at easy with every pack he had ever come into contact with. Yet, here, in Helidos, it was different. The Alphess spoke of him addressing her by rank in public and Jackle nodded his head, he would have it no other way. However, here in his home and in his line of word, formalities were null and void. Listening carefully to what she asked, Jackle too a few moments to collect his thoughts and on how he would address her. When he paused long enough he shifted his weight and began to speak. The large face spreading it's soft lips to let very choice words follow. "Here you are Quinn, there you are Alphess, and that will never change. I was not raised to use formalities in my line of work, but when addressing you before the pack or before others, your rank will always fall first."

"It seems that we are both starting off on new paws here, I have not been here much longer than you I am afraid. Generally, I could say about one moon's passing, but that is only an estimate. Nnyla, your Delta, was the one to accept me into this marvelous pack full of generous and kind wolves. I fear, that I am much of a homebody and do not leave here unless it's important to my health or someone else's. However, from what I gather, it's a tight click of individuals that would lay their lives for one another. Something one should take pride in, especially coming into it like a newcomer on the boarders." The male took a moment to breath and think before continuing. "From what I gather Miss Quinn, Creek and I are, were the only healers and Athena, Azul's daughter should be leaving her apprenticeship soon to join me as a full healer to take Creek's place in her passing."

"In such short time here for myself, I have watched a healer leave it's rank, many earn new one's, an Alpha step down to an Elder, and last but not least a stranger take the place of Alphess. A very eventful time, in the short time that I have been here. Our numbers seem to be growing and although I do not know all the members of Helidos, in time, you and I will flurish with names and hearts to our own content. In the meantime, I stay here, replenishing our stock piles incase of emergencies, and for the short hand of a minor or major accident. It's what I love to do." Jackle continued to speak, hoping that his words were not confusing to her through his accent.

"I know you did not ask of me, but, I feel that I should tell you. This is not my first pack nor my first job as a healer. Since I left my own apprenticeship, I have been a healer in many lands and in many packs. Yet, never finding the right pack to permanently reside in. For years, I took secrets of home and traded them with other packs to learn all I could about aromatherapy and homeopathic healing to better the body, mind, and soul. It was only in the passing by of a wolf who told me of this place. On her word, I came here, and deep inside my own mind and soul, I know I will never leave. Again Miss Quinn, I offer my services, my time and my word to you as a faithful and loyal subject. Most of all, a friend. And, in time, I do hope to serve your pack with the best intentions and with the sound of mind."

The male relaxed some more and felt at complete ease with the Alphess, for the first time since his own mother, he has never been comfortable around higher ranks. Until now, until Helidos, and it was about time.
Back to top Go down
Quinn Of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Quinn Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 18:08

Quinn listened to him speak, taking each word into account and trying to connect names with faces. When he was finished, she smiled and wagged her tail slightly. "Yes, I can see how this whole situation has been such a new thing. I hope the pack does not think ill of me for taking the Alpha's place, but he believed it to be better for the pack. And for his family. I do not know much of Lucy, but he thinks her to be sick. I hope the dear is alright." Quinn smiled to the healer and looked around his den for a moment. "Would you find it silly I started out as a Caretaker?" she giggled as she looked back to him. "In my natal pack I was a Caretaker. I was in charge of caring for the Alpha's pups. I had cared for many pups before, but one of the Apha's pups was very independent. He wanted to run off on his own, away from the pack. He discovered an old bear's den and wanted to explore it. When I found him I tried my hardest to bring him back home, but he did not listen. He was too strong willed. He disobeyed me and paid the ultimate price. The bear came from her den and killed him, and knocked me against a tree trunk while I was trying to save him. When I returned to the pack, I was so ashamed, I ran and never looked back. Since then I have not been around pups much, not even my own. I feel horrible for them, not knowing what happened.." Her words drifted off and closed her eyes as she lowered her eyes to her paws. "I have not seen my young in a long time now, and I worry something dreadful has happened to them." Lifts her head and looks to Jackle. "I am sorry dear. I do not mean to push all my sadness on you now. Is there anything else you wish to speak about?"

Last edited by Alphess Quinn on June 18th 2014, 07:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2014, 15:46

As he sat there, he listened, carefully taking in her story. Piecing together the various words of her past and of her sadness. When the Alphess finished, Jackle could only stare for a moment, before he found the words of solace he was seeking. "Miss Quinn, do not feel like you are wasting my time by telling me of your past. Indeed, that is how friends work, they confide in one another to speak of humble truth and of honest opinions. I welcome you to speak of your past, it helps heal the mind, and that's what I am here for. It's not just for your body, but for your mind and soul too. Anytime you wish to speak to me, I am always here to listen, and with jaws that stay shut for your security. Miss Quinn, I am very saddened to hear of your past but you must remember that without your past, you would not be our new and gracious leader. In my own eyes, it has only made you stronger than before, and as for your pups... you will always wonder about them. You will always care for them, but I assume they are old enough now to take well care of themselves and maybe one day if the fates allow, you shall cross paths with them. Don't stop yourself from finding happiness Miss Quinn, it can be a downfall for those who let it. I hope that one day there are many pups roaming the lands of Helidos, I hope that there is good health and fortune for the pack as well."

Jackle smiled and bowed his head, she asked him if there was anything else he wished to discuss, and indeed there was. "My ears listen when I wander into the camp clearing, I hear of such leading ranks much like Miss Creek, who are a slight step above the rest of their groups. My words do not ask you for such rank but of consideration that when other healers come our way, you ponder on such rank for myself only if I am to prove it to you. That is all I wish for Miss Quinn, to be your personal go-to brute, and that anything you may ever need from me I am here. I wish to be able to train and teach others of the marvelous things I have learned along the years and to share my wealth as a leader of all healers, so that when I do leave this earth, someone can follow in my foot steps much like I followed in Creek's. Miss Quinn, if there is anything you wish from me, know that I am always here." The brute stood and bowed his head at the new Alphess, his heart full of joy that he had made a new friend worthy of his time and affection. Jackle enjoyed speaking with her, although she was an Alphess, she portrayed herself much like anyone else who was beneath her. It was refreshing to see.

Last edited by Healer Jackle on July 13th 2014, 17:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quinn Of Helidos
Administrator
Administrator
Quinn Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2014, 13:19

Kind. Considerate. Calming. These were some words which Quinn could feel from Jackle. He was a kind soul, perfect for the mastery of healing. She listened to his words, allowing his calming nature to flush over her mind. In the darkest and deepest depths of her cavern containing her thoughts, she was beginning to feel relieved. Perhaps one day, they would return to her, all four of her loved ones. But for now, she would focus on her pack. She would learn them all by name, and love them all as her family. "Yes I to have heard of these 'Lead' ranks, though I must admit, they are new to me. In my old pack, we never had anything like that before. But I shall keep you in mind. I would suggest working along the Elder's daughter, helping her harness the greatness of healing abilities. Athena, form what I have heard, is a quick learner and tends to do quite well in healing. I would love to see how you train others." She smiled to him and nodded her head. "In the coming months here, I plan to learn everything about this pack, ranks, the members, everything I can. I wish that as I go through this process, I can come to you if you hear anything about the pack. I know how some members can be, when they are displeased. I will find out the means for this 'lead' position, and get back to you. If you do not need anything else, I think I shall be on my way now. Thank you for inviting me into your home."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2014, 17:18

There wasn't really much more to say to the newly appointed Alphess. The healer had come to enjoy her company and her presence around the pack and looked forward to pleasing her and earning the rank of Lead Healer, or so he hoped. As she spoke of leaving, Jackle stood from his spot and lowered his front half to the floor, his paws stretched out before him and his majestic white head turned to it's side as he bowed before her. As she returned to his normal position, Jackle spoke, "Alphess Quinn, it was a pleasure meeting you and enjoying our light conversation. I look forward to our next encounter and I do hope that it is on good terms and not of ill health. Should you need me, you know where to find me. Have a wonderful day." Jackle then turned around and headed to the opening of his den, but waited until he saw the Alphess disappear before he returned to his spot within the cave. To him, it was respectful to not leave the Alphess first, but to have her disappear.

As Jackle laid down and found his slumber awaiting, he could not help but think of the Alphess and how she agreed to research such ranks and to keep him into the consideration for the pack. It made him light with pleasure and he rested his head on his paws. The white male knew that he would indeed have to impress her, but it wasn't a matter of impressing the Alphess, it was a matter of doing his job and doing it right that would earn him that rank. As heavy eyelids closed he finally slept and awaited the dreams to come. Light sounds of slumber echoed in the cave as the night came over him and he waited for dawn. Tomorrow he would begin.

*Fade to Black*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginnings (Quinn) New Beginnings (Quinn) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Beginnings (Quinn)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1