Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 16:43

With the news of a new Alpha in the lands, again, Azul could not bare to stand it. He was slowly losing his morale fiber. Everything he had loved, he lost all to his own paws. His mate was dying, his children long gone. His pack was handed over to Quinn when things really started to go down hill. He knew it was for the better of the wolves beneath him, but he could barely think about how things had once been. When he though of his first moments in this pack, a smile was brought to his face. It was in this time, that he first met Kenai and Steele. These were two wolves he could trust beyond anyone else. Sure, Kenai had a silent attitude to himself and Steele was very forward and upfront about everything. The two males seemed to even each other out, and soon wolves started to come to their lands. Steele was the better fighter of the two, stronger and larger than Kenai. He had more experience in the art of war, but what he lacked in experience, he made up for in intellect. Kenai was a young wolf, but he had a wonderful head on his shoulders. He could analyze things, think them out thoroughly with the good and the bad, and make a sound decision. Azul had always admired Kenai, for he saw a portion of himself in Kenai. Steele however, he saw nothing of himself inside As more and more wolves came to the pack, things started to turn inside their small circle of trust. Steele became more and more aggressive and apprehensive towards other wolves. But Azul let it be. The pack continued to grow, but he could tell something had been bothering Kenai. Steele and Kenai had been at ends with each other, and then rumors of their fight spread through the pack. Azul brought himself from his mind, looking to the out lands of the pack and curious to explore them. As he wandered from the pack lands, he moved to the edges of the lands he knew he had founded. But as he neared a new land, he thought he could smell the scent of Quinn. She had marked this land for their pack, inviting the wolves to expand and explore. His golden eyes looked to the horizon and a faint smile appeared. This place was beautiful on the outside, to say the least. It was a large cave, much bigger than any he had ever seen. As he approached the entrance, he looked around the ceiling. He lifted his head and looked all around. The walls on the inside were even more beautiful than he had ever seen anything before. The colors on the walls shimmered and blended as they spread over everything. Azul could get used to being here, even if it meant he would be here alone.
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 20:33

A few weeks had past since the meeting between the new Alphess and the rest of the pack. Hunts had come and gone, new members had come and time was spent with loved ones. The older Beta's time was spent training and trying to find time to spend with his mate who seemed more distant as of late. Still unsure of the inner workings of the female mind he tried his hardest to make what little time they had together special. That morning Juno had risen before him which negated him finding her a rabbit for breakfast, but he made a mental note to ask about a evening patrol with her. Her having even wane in feelings for her he hoped she felt the same, perhaps just a rough patch was before them. He seemed to be questioning himself around her as she made trips away from the pack lands more frequently now. He didn't doubt her loyalty to him but did wonder of her loyalty to the pack's new leaders. Even though he didn't know Quinn long he did trust Azul's judgment in making her his successor. He would give her all the loyalty and commitment any Beta would to its new leader. When Quinn announced of her taking a mate he was among the many who rejoiced at having another Alpha, though he feared his mate didn't share in his joy. He would still follow Azul, but now he viewed the new leaders as extensions of his old leader; just two more leaders in his life.

Marrok knew he couldn't change Juno's mind about Quinn and her mate, but decided to question her at a later date. Today he was exploring a new land, one rich and beautiful. Smelling the air he discovered he was not alone out here, for the scent of Azul hung in the air. Perking up a bit he followed his scent towards a large cave that over looked the area. It rose high about the male like a looming force of a worthy foe. Peering up Marrok had to crane his neck to see to the top then got dizzy as he brought his gaze back down. Blinking a few times he regained himself then approached the cave, seeing Azul's pale coat quickly. "Hello Sir, might I join your journey here or would you prefer to walk alone?" He questioned, treated the Elder with just as much respect as if he were still the Alpha. Marrok's front dipped into a bow and his gaze diverted in submission, a true sentiment to how he viewed Azul after all these seasons of service.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2014, 11:39

Being alone was something he had been used to after all these months, but when company entered the cave, it was hard to hide it. The cave walls enclosed the scent and filled it with the guest's essence. Azul turned to see the male who had come to visit the old Alpha. It was his old Beta, Marrok. He was one of the most trusted wolves in the whole pack. With the change of leadership, he still stood by Azul's words. He obeyed the laws and rules provided to him, no matter what the cost. If it meant listening to an Alphess over an Alpha, Marrok did it. He was almost very much like Kenai. "Marrok, please do not call me sir. You may call me Azul. I am no longer your Alpha and you need not treat me as such. But I shall admit, seeing you present yourself to me in such a way was heart-warming." He looked from Marrok, to the walls and everything around them. "You must be wondering why I am here all by myself and why I have not been around the pack very much these last few months. And I will answer any questions you have to ask me, Marrok. I will give you the most honest answers I can. But tell me, how are things between you and Juno? I spoke with her a couple months ago and she seemed... withdrawn. She spoke of things I had not thought about and I do hope nothing is wrong with her. Or yourself." Azul looked back to Marrok, thinking of the things he could say to try and make everything better. He stared to his companion, trying to decide just what he was going to ask him. The large white wolf stared to him, looking over his form once more. "Tell me what you think of my stepping down. I want to know it all honestly."
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2014, 20:50

The great Elder spoke and Marrok had to smile at Azul's insistence of casualties in the conversation. Such a deep respect was so ingrained in his every being that to listen to his once Alpha would prove far difficult than he would ever know. Dipping his head in acknowledgment Marrok made his way closer to Azul and drew a seat close to his old leader. Silence fell over the old Beta as Azul seemed lost in thought for a moment, no doubt reminiscing about his past ruling and his time shared with the pack. Marrok smiled, for he too remembered so long ago joining the pack as a sarcastic, back talking falanderer before he was shaped and molded into the regal brute he was today. Sighing a bit as more memories flooded his mind he became aware of Azul speaking and let his words break his trance. "Forgive me Azul but to question your actions in the past few months would be to question the moon of its changing shape. You ave every right to come and go as you wish and it isn't my place nor desire to question how and why you journey and distance yourself. Know this though that in my eyes you shall always be my leader, just as regal and poise as the day I met you. That shall never change nor my respect for you as your Beta and deep friend." He said, his golden eyes meeting his King and burning bright with honesty.

"Juno? Eye she and I have been growing distant, but I'm not sure why for my feelings for her couldn't be stronger. I fear she doubt my love for her on some aspect as my work has increased in the last season. I have been training more to keep up with these young warriors and it's cept me away from her more. The womens' heart is a confusing thing it is for shouldn't she know that I still love her without the words leaving my mouth?" He questioned, truly confused by the inner workings of his ladies mind. Maybe Azul would shed some light on what he could do to quell any doubts Juno had of his affections, maybe just maybe. Marrok then grew still, his mind blank as Azul spoke lastly of his stepping down and soon a massive smile played on the Beta's face.

"Azul you are first and foremost my leader no matter what casualties you demand of me. Forgive me but I fear to think any less of you would be a sin on my soul and would be impossible for me to do. Second I most confess that I have viewed you as a fatherly figure to myself and others for the years I've been under your service. You've taught me so much, brought me up from slumps and shown me all the commitment just as my sire did. As I said prior your doings pose no ill feelings with me, for any action you do is of your own accord. I will say this though since you ask of my honesty. It takes a brave and noble wolf to know when to ask for help and to do so instead of continuing to rule until overthrown I think is a most wise thing. I still think you could have continued your ruling, but as all things must come to an end so would that in time. I fear even with our best attempts your reign would have fallen to a younger ruler at some point, but by appointing a trusted friend as you did with Alphess Quinn it was not only smart but courageous." Marrok spoke, his voice strong and noble and truth poured out. Never had he spoken so true from his heart, for the words he spoke held more then just respect for Azul, they held love for his King and devotion.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2014, 15:09

"Perhaps I just feel so wrong about stepping down, and with everything my life has been through. It has not been easy. I mostly blame myself fro Deimos, then Lucas, and lastly, Athena. My young have all found themselves in better places than being within the pack lands. Nobody really knows what happened to Deimos, I just know he was gone for quite a while. And he was never seen again. Then there is Lucas. Lucas was a good boy for the most part, and I knew him to be smart and wise, wanting to grow and take my place around the pack. But losing Kenai and him being the cause of it, perhaps I did not show enough consideration to my own son. Did I not show him that I valued his life? I think about it all the time. He left the pack because of me. And when he tried to come back, he was killed. My own daughter watched him being killed. What kind of father allows something like that happens to his own young?" He looked to Marrok, fighting back the pain within his eyes, but it was not easy. This was the first time he had really been able to let himself go. No wolf had ever asked Azul if he was alright, if he was feeling okay. They all just assumed because he was the leader, that he was always fine. "And then I could not stop my own Guardian from taking my daughter's life. She had been injured by the monster beyond the trees of Helidos. He hurt her enough to make her beg and plead for her life to be taken. And all I could do was watch. And when that bitch took her life away from me, I was shocked still. I could not, even for the life of me, move a muscle. I wanted to stop her, how I wanted to rip through her so badly. I wanted to kill that bitch, to make Fel feel some of the pain she had forced upon me. For the first time I realized, I'm not all here. It is good that I stepped down. can you imagine what I would have done as Alpha? It would have been far worse. I could have killed her. I attacked her, Marrok, I attacked Fel." He stared to Marrok, looking deeply into his eyes. If only he could feel the pain that Azul was going through. Then maybe he would not be so judgmental, if he was in any way at all.

"Male to male, I want you to know that there is nothing more important in this world than your family. No matter what, you need to be there for her as a mate, a companion, but most of all a rock for her when she needs it the most. With Lucy being in such ill shape, that is all I worry about. She is all I have left and every day before I leave my den, I lick the side of her cheek and I tell her how much she means to me. There is no greater feeling than being with the one you love. Juno is still alive and very well, you should be wise to spend more one on one time with her. Even if she does not ask for the help, you may want to offer it up anyway. Faes can be rather with-holding of their information. Especially when they are tasked with such important roles within the pack. Whether she says it or not, Juno needs you." Azul continued to look to Marrok, then he looked to the walls. They were covered in the rainbow shimmer only seen after the passing of a spring rain. The large rainbows spread across the sky, covering the world in their beauty. But here, it would stay this gorgeous all year long. "Marrok, I know this is a different light of seeing me, but I want to thank you for this opportunity. It is not often that I get to speak to anyone in such a manner. I really do appreciate it. But if there is one thing I would really wish to speak about, is Kenai. My old Elite who I trusted just as much than I do you, and I know he did not speak to many. But did you know him? Did you ever speak with him on a close level? It's days like these that I wish Kenai was still here."
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 16:01

Marrok sat quietly, letting his leader vent to him over things in the past he could not change. Words of his fallen kin made Marrok gulp for he too had felt the loss of one of his own pups as well. Such a pain was hard enough to bare with one, he had no idea the magnitude Azul felt as all three of his children fell to death or loss before him. Lucy as well he knew had been very ill as of late and he hadn't seen her out walking in months. His heart ached for Azul as the white male flooded with emotion and looked at him in the eye. The Beta saw his fighting back more pain and sorrow then any wolf should hold and Marrok wanted to help him. As his servant he wanted to reach out, take some of the pain to release his leader from this burden. Standing and walking closer to Azul Marrok pressed his forehead to the old wolf's shoulder. It was a small action, but help all that Marrok could not speak to Azul.

Azul then spoke of Fel and her last deed before being exiled. On some level Marrok understood her actions, but he didn't say so aloud to the hurting male. To see one's one daughter murdered even mercilessly before their own was a horrible thing, but to have the act done by a trusted friend and guardian was even worse. Marrok looked down, pain now flooding his own eyes. "Forgive me Azul but I feel partly responsible for what happened with Athena. You see I was the one who accepted and trained Fel. If I hadn't accepted her or taught her well enough your daughter might still be alive today. Please Azul if you feel the slightest resentment towards me let out your frustrations now on me." He said closing his eyes and waiting to see what Azul would do or say to him.

A Moment passed and Azul asked his last question of him. Cracking an eye open Marrok nodded "Aye I did know Kenai and speak to him often. He took me under his wing as an Delta and taught me many things. Myself being a Beta in my old pack taught him a few things as well, we learned from each other. He was a wise and kind male, one I miss every day within the pack. You were lucky to have him Azul." He said, still bracing himself slightly for any wrath of the male for his previous statement.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2014, 17:06

Silent, the old Alpha was still. He closed his eyes, shielding the golden orbs from the miraculous colors upon the walls. He listened to the words of his dear Beta, concerned that he had taken everything so wrong. But when he tried to take the blame for Fel's actions, Azul could barely stand it. How could a wolf think such a thing came from his acts? But speaking of Kenai calmed him for a moment. He longed for his friend to return to their forests, to see his smile and those innocent silver hues. He had enjoyed his time with Kenai, a great friend and advisor in matters dealing with the pack. Kenai had taken in two bastard pups, saved from the lands of Erenyx through their mother, Delilah. Steele had used her and forced himself upon her. All who saw the pups, knew they were not Kenai's. But never the less, Kenai cared for them as he did his own flesh and blood. Though Azul would not think twice about that. It was his nature. Even still as Marrok spoke of his deceased Elite, he could feel the rage building. He quickly turned his head around and faced Marrok. His tail instinctively curled over his spine and he puffed out his chest. "Don't you EVER blame yourself for the actions of an evil bitch. I don't ever want to hear that kind of speech from you. Fel is a vile creature who tricked us all. If anyone is to blame, it shall be myself. I allowed the demonic fae to be so close to myself and my young. You are not allowed to take the blame! I should have paid more attention to her and my young. I should have looked harder and saw through her facade. I wish her young were still alive, just so I could make her feel the pain she has caused me!" As Azul yelled his final statement, he lowered himself from his position. His ears clung to his head and his tail dropped between his legs. Shamefully, he turned his head from Marrok and eventually even his back. He opened his eyes, feeling the sadness and anger fill his heart. It was a feeling he had felt before and he hated it. Azul the pure, was no more. He had said the one thing he never thought he would say. His voice was low and solemn. "My apologies dear friend..." He turned his head to face the Beta once more, his eyes peering into the dark pools of the other male's. "I did not mean to yell at you in such a way, or even say the things I have. It is horrible of me and a once before Alpha, should never speak like that. No wolf should ever speak like that. So I am very sorry. I seem to be slowly losing myself and I do not know why." He stared at the male before him, curious as to how he would react? What did Marrok think of his old Alpha now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solace, Serenity, and Sensibility [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1