Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Sweet Company [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2014, 09:45

Lithium had taken his leave after the call to see the new Alpha. Company was something he needed, yet he had been purely incapable of approaching most other wolves as he was subtly fearful of receiving the same response as usual; a retreat or harsh look. The brute had managed to establish a single acquaintanceship with Nnlya; the one whom had come to him upon his entering the pack territory.

The brute's paws were heavy on the ground, tired and sore even after his rest following his walk for miles and miles. Being a loner like his parents was all he knew, and so it was difficult for him to interact with the others of the pack. Maybe it would take someone else to approach him before he could feel the confidence within himself to settle. He tried to keep his posture up, but it just hurt his back and neck as well as his paws, and so he surrendered it. Loosely, Lithium raised his head to look unto the sky above and released a cold, stressed sigh, hoping that it could relieve him of some sort of strain. It did not.

"Oh, help me..." He pressed under his vocals as he dropped his hind to the floor. His back legs could carry him no more, but he wanted to move. Giving up was not an option, and he had been trained to expect the sharp sting of his father's teeth on his scruff for doing so. But it never seemed to come. Lithium had become lonely, defining him purely as a loner, even among his new pack. He had let himself be weak and this was the punishment he would suffer. This was his father's jaw. Never before had he contemplated such a metaphor, thinking that his father had just been harsh on him and his sister, but now the dark male had come to the grim realisation that it was necessary. Without the conditioning, he would not have made it this far. But even now, this far was evidently not far enough.
He fell to his side, exhaustion having grabbed his lungs and limbs as it pulled him to the ground. "I... am done..." He huffed quietly.
Now more than ever, he needed the warmth of another to accompany him.
Back to top Go down
Noble Of Erenyx
Noble Of Erenyx

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 10:19

Noble's paws came from the caretaker's den and he shook his pelt free from the dirt. He decided he would need to properly go to each place and discover the safe training areas for the young pups that would come with the next spring. His ebony body shivered as a warm breeze ripped through his body. He went across the pack's camp grounds and then disappeared into the lands. His paws hit the warm ground and his blue eyes searched every single tree in order to memorize the lands. Noble was strong, but not strong enough at times. Today he felt like ditching his past and being the young yet old wolf he was. He had entered a wooded part of the pack's, it was beautiful and he was quite enjoying himself. The sun stroked his back and though it felt too hot for him to bare, he was quite enjoying himself. His heart thumped against his chest softly, going through his body and making the summer day seem so small. He slowed his pace as he heard a voice call out gently.

He turned and started walking in that direction, curious. As another few words were spoke, he heard a light 'thud' and worry overcame him. He burst through the brushes and stood, eyes peering down at another male. He moved closer, his paw-steps fairly quiet as he moved forward. He leaned down and nudged the brute with his nose and searched him. "Are you okay, sir?" His eyes searched the brute again and he slowly lowered himself onto his haunches. His icy blue eyes stared down upon the other male and he held concern on his face. "Do I need to go and get a healer?" His voice was sweetly spoken as he asked the questions. He was calm but also ready to go and grab help if it was needed. He had memorized his path taken and so it would be fairly quick if he needed to go and get anyone. His muscles tensed as he watched the ebony he-wolf with curious blue eyes. His heart was pounding and he didn't know what exactly was wrong, just that he needed to help and care for the poor wolf. His tail wrapped around his body and he knew he could never give a harmful or angry look to the wolf before him. He just wanted to do what was instinct for him, to care for others.

He didn't care if the male was apart of the pack or not, he felt concern but he felt weary as well. He knew that it could just be an act and he could die that day, but he held not too many concerns for his own death. In fact, at times he wished he could die or was the one to die in his adopted son's place. But he was alive, and maybe there was a reason for that. He could only hope that it would be a very good reason. He was patient and caring, kind and loving, but that didn't mean that he didn't have demons. He could be quite annoying and fairly stern. He has quite a temper and he himself worries about the temper at times. He wasn't going to snap today though, no he was just waiting and being the worrier he was. With everything being new to him, he was unsure of how many wolves he'd meet and what exactly would happen to him. He could be promoted, or demoted. He could live or he could die, he could be a wolf that everyone brushes aside, or one that stands and makes a point.

{OOC- Hope you don't mind me joining you?}
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2014, 15:46

(OOC: Not at all! ^^)

Lithium's large, dark and muscular form lay slumped among the foliage, useless to him. It had served his spirit well over the last few winters and had carried him far, but what for? Just to give up on him now after the conditioning and preparation from his generous mother and father? How could it be? How could it come to this? He understood well and truly that everything had limits, but somehow, he had been so sure that he would never meet his. The wolf released a slow, low whine as the thought of his impending fate crept on him. The near-black-coated brute tried to keep his eyes open, pushing back the invading exhaustion in futility with the last of his conscious strength. The release on his shoulders and paws was coming and going as he lay there in the grass, under the trees, but it wasn't enough. Thoughts of whatever fate was about to befall him continued to expand in the broken wolf's mind. This exhaustion had been nagging at him for the longest time, but never so intense and so suddenly.

The thoughts were broken by the sound of something bursting through the bushes towards him. As he lay there, the ideas about how it was going to end for him materialised in his head. He wasn't sure whether to feel sad or to feel thankful. The stresses of life would be done, but he had failed to fulfill his purpose... what would his sister, father and mother think of him? Weak. He was weak and now he was adamant that he knew it. "I am... sorry..." He groaned under his breath, letting out no more than a shallow whisper to the air. He could not see how he could possibly make it away from this encounter with the entity that had come to take him as he felt its nose press on him and inhale his scent. He hadn't the strength and hence intention of escaping and Lithium closed his eyes, allowing his body to go limp as he became ready to accept inflicted death. That is, until he heard the entity speak and he suddenly came to the realisation that it was the vocals bared by a fellow wolf.

The large male opened his eyes, stopping them from rolling back in his head and he muttered, "...I am alright." He didn't smile, nor did he frown, he simply spoke as best he could. "My name is Lithium... I... was recently accepted into pack Helidos... as a hunter... a matter of hours ago." Lithium informed. "I am too exhausted to move... having... failed to properly keep my ingestion rates of food and water at sufficient quantities." Lithium shook his head slowly where he lay. "I am too tired to continue... Out of options... I mustn't sleep." Lithium protested, set on avoiding sleep still until he had found an appropriate place to sleep. Where he was now was grossly conspicuous in his eyes. It needed to be clever.
Back to top Go down
Noble Of Erenyx
Noble Of Erenyx

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2014, 11:20

Noble let the sun beat across his ebony pelt and his icy blue eyes sparkled with every beam of light that struck his face. His ears flicked forward as the male spoke, concern written across his own face as he heard the male's words. He tilted his head and nodded gently, his eyes scanning the area and his ears pricking a little at the sound he was searching for. "Well, there is a small spring nearby. I shall help you get to it and then you can quench your thirst." He stood and shook his slender frame, standing still as he awaited to help the brute up. "I too was accepted recently. I am known as Noble, Caretaker Noble." He added the words and looked down with a smile. "I shall find a rabbit for you to eat when we make it to the stream, is that alright? And then I can help you to the camp clearing and find you a decent place to rest?" He was planning on supporting the male's body with his own and helping him walk to the stream. Once there, he'd walk off and find something for Lithium to eat, so that he may gain his strength back and then easily walk to the Healers den or to the camp clearing. His heart raced as he waited for a response. He was ready to do anything within his power to help the male and show him that he wasn't alone and didn't need to worry. Though, Noble was considered a lower rank then hunter or warrior, he could still be very stern and bark out orders and be very demanding. Of course, he felt slightly out of place there in Helidos... but he also felt very at home. He was a stranger and yet he was trying to help out. He could be denied or accepted, the choice was his. It was up to him to either make himself accepted by others by being kind and caring, or denied by being harsh and unkind. He was hoping that his choices would be right and he'd be able to make this his permanent home.

{OOC- Sorry, testing out colors... Trying to get into the right mindset for Noble's posts :P}
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2014, 12:11

(OOC: No worries c: )

Lithium twitched his ears, angling them so he could hear the wolf better and really concentrate on what he was saying. He scoured for any hint of deception, being the awkward sceptic he was. He set down his doubts, finding the wolf's tone to be genuine in his ears and he raised his head off the ground, rolling onto his stomach. "Thank you." The heavy brute groaned as his paws pressed themselves into the ground t push him up. He rose high, his shoulders broad and his posture strong, but it didn't last him long. His body slumped a little and his head dipped low. He wanted to stand right, he really did, but he knew that causing himself the pain and trouble would be seriously pushing his luck. "Apologies... I would offer my presentation properly... but I just haven't the strength." Lithium huffed. He swayed gently, trying to keep himself standing stable and his eyes looked up to the wolf in front of him.

The dark wolf couldn't escape a certain sense of shame in himself at having come so close to giving up. Such things used to seem so silly and outrageous to him, but now that he had truly experienced the weight, he wasn't so sure.
No.
He wasn't going to let this be a bad thing. He would furrow his brow and acknowledge his limits, use them to his advantage and know when to stop. This time he had called it close, but it was the same principle as stretching the muscles. Over time comes greater flexibility, and that was what he was going to achieve. At the age of six, he was not about to be overcome by this world yet.

Lithium fixed his eyes on the caretaker. "It really is a pleasure... to meet you... I only wish it would have been... under better circumstances." He marked, offering a small, slightly forced smile to the male. He looked towards the lake and leaned forward, pulling his heavy paw off the ground to set it ahead of the others as he began to stride.
Back to top Go down
Noble Of Erenyx
Noble Of Erenyx

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2015, 22:12

Noble stood with the brute, listening to his words as they walked to the stream together. Noble stayed by the ebony brute in case he should collapse and need him to be carried by the demon with blue eyes. He stretched slightly as the stream came into view. "I shall leave you to drink and satisfy your thirst while I hunt something good for you, so you may regain your strength." He spoke calmly, his blue eyes looking towards the he-wolf briefly before disappearing into the wooded thicket. His paws touched the earth lightly, his nose breathing in the nature scents as he searched for something to give to the ebony he-wolf. His ears flicked forward and he heard what would be the meal. His ears flicked again, his nose filled with the scents he had been searching for. A hare darted from a tree to in front of him to another tree. He didn't give chase, no, instead he circled it. Paws shifting against the soft earth as he moved in a circle until he was close enough to scare it in the direction he wanted it to go. His paws thundered against the ground as he cornered the frightened hare. His paws left the ground and he angled his body as he flew threw the air towards his target. His jaws spread open and snapped shut around the white hare's neck. He place a paw against it's body and jerked his own head upwards in a clean kill. He picked it up between his jaws, the blood getting on his muzzle as he retraced his steps back to the stream. Once there, he would lay the hare down beside the ebony male and take a few steps backwards. "I have returned." He announced as his blue gaze fell upon the other male. "After you eat, we shall go to the healers den and see to that you are well taken care of." His voice was very stern, almost like a mother ushering her child. He smiled weakly, not rushing the brute in any way. He was simply doing what he had learned best, caring for others. His heart raced as he waited for the male to speak.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2015, 10:26

Lithium's eyelids were heavy, forcing him to let them droop a little more than they normally would. Usually, he'd be found with his eyes about a third of the way closed anyway, but the exhaustion in him gave the tired heap of muscle no option but to reduce them to yellow-hued slits. They'd blink simultaneously, first his left then his right in a slow but immediate succession. He had a certain extra vacancy about his expression, his usual unimpressed and distant frown pushed further into something that looked like death was rocking on his shoulders. 

The sound of promised water settled him inside, he would have to thank this Noble character when he got the chance. He lowered his head carefully to the calm water and began to lap at it, feeling a small sense of vitality return to him even as he drank. He didn't seem to be making any effort to keep it discreet either, perhaps understandably however. 

"I would seem most inattentive should I neglect any opportunity to repay you... for your selfless services today." The brute chuffed, sitting himself down at the water's edge, speaking to the caretaker as he returned with the kill. "...Not to mention your divine company." The brute released a small chuckle. He had come to respect this wolf whom had seemed to be his killer such a short time ago. He almost felt guilty for having thought such terrible things of the caretaker.

Lithium took the offered meal with a soft nuzzle to Noble - a standard gesture of thanks according to his teachings. The helpful caretaker had mentioned a trip to the Healer's den, which the tired brute agreed with. However, it'd bring him to pose the question, "Which way to the healer's den?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Some Sweet Company [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Sweet Company [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1