Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Vacant Hunter | Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Thane of Helidos
Thane of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

A Vacant Hunter | Open Empty
PostSubject: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2015, 18:36

(ooc- Because I'm lazy, I decided to use Thane's ex. post)

Frame compacted together in an inflexible and firmly secure structure, the entire balance it was situated it was about to break. Strong legs squeezed near the body made the shoulders and thighs hunch upwards, helping keep the male close to the ground and out of site. "One... two..." the tone scarcely even audible, it was murmured out in a whisper, blocked out even then by the surrounding commotions. It didn't make a difference however, everything appeared to happen at the pace of a snail, gradual. Coursing through the veins underneath layers of clustered fur and muscles was a surge of adrenaline, summoning the expansion of bright, orange eyes and the sort of breathing that would bring about hyperventilation. Inhaling and Exhaling through the little openings in his nose, letting the wind stream to and from his lungs at a quick rate, it would be clear for a bystander to tell the male was excited. "Three..." The sky was brimming with dark masses, booming clouds sending hints of vindictive resentment while being joined by the wet, icy touch of downpour falling in a group. The early afternoon tempest wasn't at all sufficiently awful for Thane to need to stay home, however truly he didn't think he was to be out anyways. Having been nestled into ball inside his family's den, the male was startled from his sweet dreams by the sound of thunder colliding with the territory's atmosphere.

It was enough to send his fur off his back when first opening his eyes however later acknowledging what had happened, the pup took his chance to slip past his resting parents and kin to investigate the area he called home. Now here he laid in the present, prepared and excited to start what will be his most prominent achievement so far into his adolescence. Auds swinging themselves to the side and planting downwards to rest on of his head, Thane made one fast flick of his tail as his orbs contracted into core interest. "Go.." Latch discharged, all the force and strength he held in his legs from the bundle he was in was enough to send him off forward in a strong leap. A screech was given away from his target as it was frightened and in a flash, the two were sent into a pursuit. Propelling himself in long strides, Thane wished to go faster yet knew if he did, the pace he would need to get up to speed to the hare would be lost. Banner freely streaming behind him, the pup pursued the small herbivore, drawing near in one second until the hare would pick up the pace and make separation between them once again. It was simply an issue of time now, who might tire out first or who might spoil and doom themselves. Breathing intensely, the male was determined in this chase and in every stride it appeared the universe was to support him - or so he thought.

Hurrying forward in one major extend, the crevice was between the two was shut and rushing his head down to grasp his own feast, everything flipped around. Shocked by a sudden hold on one of his paws keeping him from moving in for the kill, Thane was already on the forest floor in a blink. Tumbling over head first, his body was sent rolling a couple feet until at long last ending, the leaves and vegetation in his way being tossed into the air by his power. Gradually discovering his balance, Thane constrained his figure to stand, shaking out the debris that had been adhered to his wet coat. "Damn." The male huffed, seeing out in the distance the hare disappear into dense vegetation. A chase, one he could call his own had been destroyed by the trickiness of a slight curved tree trunk that made him trip. Mud leaves still stuck to his coat, Thane leisurely advanced into the woods and with every paw step he took the male prayed that nobody he saw would inquire as to why he was so messy. Both his guardians were warriors and with his mom obtaining the rank of Elite, Thane felt it was forever his obligation to take after their examples and train to be a soldier. However, he proved unable, hunting had constantly interested him to the point the male felt telling his parents this would irritate them. All he wanted to do was out shine his siblings and make his guardians proud.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2015, 17:59

Boredom had called the white wolf to awake. His golden eyes looked to the world around him, seeing nothing of interest. Moving from his large den, he made his way towards the other territories within their homelands. In days like these, Azul liked to think of things, many things. One thought was the changes in the pack. Nothing was the same as before. He headed for the thicket he knew to be the favorite place of his deceased best friend. It was quiet and peaceful. The woods protected the world from the blazing sun, though in this season it would never be so bad. As he wandered, he could smell the scents of the pack here. Some were faded and old, while one was fresh and new almost. It smelled like Helidos, but it also was laced with something young. Lifting his eyes, he stared of into the distance. Something came tumbling down the hill a few feet before him. Tilting his head slightly, he watched in interest. It was a young wolf, a male. He had known that two mated pairs had birthed litters within Helidos. One belonged to the Alphas, and the other an Elite and Warrior - now Guardian, duo. This pup was strange, now covered in mud and leaves. He smiled to the young wolf and followed after him silently. For a while he followed the young lad, keeping a close eye on him, in case some danger was to be found, though doubtful here. The large white wolf finally decided to speak to the pup. "Excuse me, but you seem rather lost. Is there anything I can do to be of assistance to you? Who are your parents?"
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Thane of Helidos
Thane of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2015, 20:25

Tan colored paws heavily soaked in the dark, sticky substance that formed with the rain and recent storm, the mud would be pressed down as he walked leaving the brutes small paws in a form of tracks for others to follow. Clumped fur together all over his body and with it, the pup knew he would need to clean himself properly at some form of water source, away from the eyes of the pack and especially his guardians. They could never see him in such a state. Covered with the debris of the forest, it would only lead to scolding and questions which when he answers to would lead to more questions. Something Thane had no heart to deal with today or ever for that matter. Banner swaying behind him ever so slowly, the young hunter would let his auds turn to the sides, motioning to gather information from the surrounding noises of the dense woodland. It was spring, or what he was told to be spring and that meant dangers lurked now around and in every corner.

The scent of a stranger hit his noise and acting as if he didn't notice it, Thane would let his black nose twitch to gather intel. It appeared to be a wolf, from the scent and one if Helidos at that. The pup was a bit relieved to know it was no one he knew, so hopefully this stranger knew not of his family either. Helidos was a large pack after all, no one could know everyone. Auds twitching as a heavy voice would break out into the open after a few minutes, the noise would make Thane stop in his tracks. Lost? How could he possibly be lost. The male was a hunter a training and for this had excellent senses. Or so he supposed, for how else did the remarkable athletes find and kill such large beasts. Slowly, the brute would turn his head to glance back at this stranger, a tall form of white hitting his eyes as it stood out among the green and browns of the forest. "You can be of assistance by leaving." The pup would huff, his tone unpleasant. Eyes slightly and quickly scanning over the much larger male, it was then Thane realized his mistake.

The wolf was old, most likely an elder for Helidos then. Lowering his gaze, the apprentice would pin his ears back as well, his form loosening to that of respectful submission. How could he have been so careless to disrespect an elder? They were contained with much wisdom and knowledge. "I'm sorry." Thane would voice, his apology sincere before he thought back on the questions the older brute had asked. "My parents are Elite Nnyla and Guardian Drogo. Perhaps you have heard of them?" Keeping his gaze lowered, the pup would hope his respectful stance was enough for the elder. He knew that it was customary to act accordingly in the presence of such an old wolf, as not many would live to spread their knowledge at such ages. "My name is Thane. Might I have yours?" The apprentice would ask, letting his head rise to see the brute more clearly.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2015, 20:38

As startled as the young wolf was, it was no surprise to Azul that the lad had a sharp retort. Azul made no change in his appearance, no growl or snarl. He knew how wild and aggressive young males could be... especially the ones who felt they needed to prove themselves. This wolf was the son of Elite and Guardian pair. Azul had known both of them well, as they had both served him as Deltas, together. "I know your mother and father quite well, in fact I gave them both the rank of Delta when I was Alpha over these lands. That was a long time ago, however. Even before you were even a thought in the minds of your parents." When the young wolf added his name and asked for Azul's, he could not help but to smile. "My name is Azul, and that is what I wish for you to call me. My title is no longer of any importance. So Thane, it appears that you were quick to obey the commands of your parents. That shows a good foundation for you. I once had a son who was just like you. His name was Lucas. He was intelligent and brave, much like you are. But I must ask, what brings you so far from the pack clearing? Do your mother and father know you are out here all alone?"
Back to top Go down
Thane of Helidos
Thane of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2015, 17:18

A dark, sickening crawled into the pits of the males lower stomach, the inclination smoldering his inner parts as they turned into a type of dubious melancholy. This male knew his parents… Out of the considerable number of things that could have happened or been said, this was the most exceedingly terrible news he had heard so far. Auds slowly descending to rest tighter at the top of his cranium, the young apprentice would know all too well how the situation would turn out. After this encounter, the older brute would meet with his guardians, telling him about his whereabouts and his rudeness when the ex-alpha tried to speak to him. Great.. the pup would spat, his word only spoken in the security of his contemplation's were nobody would have the capacity to hear or judge.

It was truly a peculiar situation, how the young hunter was facing the ex-alpha of Helidos. More than likely its founder. Thane hadn't gotten a chance to meet the current alphas or their offspring that he had heard were around as they were conceived within the same spring. The tanned brute often wondered when he would meet all of them, as if he was going to become an important member of the pack, they would need to have some acquaintance with each other. As the possible-future Lead Hunter, he would suppose he must be on the alphas good side too. Listening to the words of the male before him, his ears would only flicker slightly retaining all the information given. Azul, interesting name. As the older male would continue, another name caught his attention. Lucas.

Thane had never met a wolf by the calling of such a name, and if he reminded the elder of such a wolf, the pup only wished to meet him himself. It would certainly be an experience if they were as alike as the brute said them to be. "I came out here to practice hunting, and as for my parents..." trailing off a bit, the male would let his orange orbs fall to the ground. "No, they do not know I am here and I would wish they never found out." Letting his mind wander, Thane would resort back to Azul's words and wishing to get off the topic if him being out alone without consent, the brute would quickly bring it up. "You said once. What happened? ... to your son, I mean. Did he leave Helidos or something?"
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2015, 18:36

"Worry not, young Thane. I will not speak of this little incident with your parents. I understand that young pups need the chance to just get away and live a little. If you constrain them too much, they will rebel in the worst way possible." Azul rested his haunches on the fresh green grass. The canopy of leaves allowed the sun to barely seep through the treetops. The Elder smiled to the young wolf as he asked about Lucas. How much was he wishing to tell the little one about his son? Eventually the pup would learn about the horrid ways of other packs around them. Someday he would learn the difference in life and death, loss and suffering. But most importantly, Azul wanted to make sure that what happened to his young did not happen to anyone else.

"Lucas was a brave and very cunning male. He took to hunting and fighting as a fish took to swimming. He was a natural and he put all his efforts into training. He wanted to be the best, especially since his father was Alpha of a pack. He did not wish to live beneath my shadow, instead he wanted to make a name for himself. When he reached the age of one, he decided to venture off to prove that he could make a large kill all on his own. Me being the Alpha and his mother was ill, I didn't have a lot of time to give him. When he went out on his own, an old Elite we had followed him. His name was Kenai. He was a brave wolf, intelligent and one of my very best friends. Lucas had found something he was going after, but it appeared something else had found him. A large brown bear had a den in the area, and heard him. It attacked, but Kenai was able to be a buffer so my son could escape. He lost his life and when Lucas came back to tell me, he thought I was more concerned for Kenai than I was for him. That of course, was not true. But he did not want to listen to me. He left Helidos and rushed off into the wilds." Thinking if he should stop right there, he decided against it. Erenyx was dangerous and the new Alpha in place was even more dangerous. Every single pup in their pack should know the truth about the monster that ran it. "My son, Lucas, found himself accepted into the pack of Erenyx to the east. I did not hear from him at all, and never saw him again. One day, my daughter went to the neutral lands and she found Lucas. They spoke for a while and then the Alpha found them. Apparently, he killed my son for being so kind to a member of my pack, and he almost killed my daughter. She came back home to tell me what had happened, but the wounds she suffered, forced her to die as well." He paused for a moment, allowing it all to sink into his mind. There was so much he had told the little wolf and he hoped Drogo and Nnlya would not be too upset with his decision. "Erenyx is a dangerous place. They kill their own members for fun and they do not help the wolves in need. If you ever meet a wolf from their pack, be very careful. Never let them see your back or show any fear. They feed off such feelings. Lucas was a brave soul and he left this world too fast, I only tell you all of this so your parents do not have to go through the pain and the suffering I went through. Do you have any questions about anything?"
Back to top Go down
Thane of Helidos
Thane of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2015, 19:28

"Thank you." Letting a small smile crawl onto his lips, the action was a bit unusual and foreign as the young pup did not do such things on a regular basis like his other siblings. Kida and Levi. Being the second oldest, it would be expected for his brother Levi to be the mature one however in his eyes, Thane was more than sure he was the mature and grown up one out of his litter. It sucked a bit as the two didn't really wish to hang out but Thane learned to live with it. He loved his siblings dearly but if the pup was to be honest with himself, it was nice to travel alone without the tag along of dead weight holding him back. While Levi and Kida were social and active with others, living their adolescent months, Thane was over here trying to develop his skills for the better.

The apprentice had a goal, and nothing would stop him from trying to achieving it -except his parents of course. Pleased and actually relieved Azul would not speak of what he was doing with his parents, Thane would watch and listen as  the male got comfortable. After asking about the brutes son, the male was quiet and when he did begin speaking, the pup got a feeling the story would be a long one. Resting his haunches much like the older brute did, the young apprentice would relax as the tale would form. Ears pinned forward to listen to such a story from an elder, he gave the most of his attention to be respectful towards the ex-alpha. The story was quick to fill in death, the one dying a close friend of Azul's named Kenai.

The young wolf glanced towards the elders eyes, wondering if the talk and memory of his friend hurt to speak about. It would certainly leave Thane with a scar to know of his closest friend dying. Continuing to listen and heed the messages and warnings given. Thane was sure to remember the key items in the tale, especially the name of Erenyx. If he was to experience the wolves at a time in his life, the apprentice would be ready and with his new knowledge of how the pack were to operate, they would never gain an upper hand to trick him into showing any weaknesses. Gathering all that was told, Thane would let the brutes question hang in the air, his mind wandering to understand all that had happened before his psychic was able to come up with a question. "I-If Erenyx is as bad as you say it is... why haven't you or the current Alphas done anything about? Why has Helidos not tried to take down such monsters? If I was alpha, I would do something so we wouldn't have to watch our backs."

(ooc- perfect foreshadow! ^^ )
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2015, 21:10

"That is a difficult request." Azul thought back to the time when Erenyx was first founded. It had ben ran by a completely different wolf, one that Azul actually trusted. "You see Thane, this wolf, he was not always the leader of Erenyx. It is said that he killed Steele, a wolf who used to serve as my Beta. He was a good wolf. We had little reason to start a war and they were not as crazed as they are now." He knew this would not really make any sense to a young wolf, let alone any wolf now. Only those who had sen the good in Steele's heart would understand anything he spoke of. The Elder looked to the young lad and gave a smirk. "One would think it would be so easy, but it is not... unfortunately. You must think about everything that you put into jeopardy when you try and keep everything safe. You risk the lives of your own pack, or your family, friends, the loved ones you know. We don't know anything about Erenyx, how it is now. We don't know their tactics or beliefs, so we would possibly get our own selves into so much danger. As an Alpha, I could not allow something like that to happen. It's a balancing act that one must learn when they take over the throne. And it takes plenty of time to learn such a thing. If it were so easy, every wolf would wish to lead their own pack. So tell me, young Thane, do you aspire to be an Alpha someday?"
Back to top Go down
Thane of Helidos
Thane of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2015, 19:25

Auds perched high atop of his head, the small furry ears would turn and move to capture the voice of the other as the brute would listen. After his question was put into calm atmosphere, the young apprentice would just wait for whatever the older male had to say. It confused him why even after such a monster killed the elders offspring why he wouldn't seek revenge or justice. The white brute seemed like he loved his children, so hearing no action from him was taken was bewildering. If anyone messed with one his siblings or parents, while he was still small, Thane knew that he would not hesitate to make the other hurt for hurting someone he loved. Call him crazy, but the pup was more than a supporter for acts of revenge.

How is a wolf of Erenyx, a former leader, good? Thane's mind and his sense of right and wrong could not wrap their order and function around what the older male was saying. Did he not just say Erenyx was dangerous? That they should basically never be trusted? The pups fiery orange orbs, the resemblance of his father's, would gaze towards the ground for a moment as he tried to make sense of everything. This Steele, was the former leader of Erenyx. A new wolf came and killed the leader, claiming himself as Erenyx's new king. As that was how it worked. Then this strange wolf killed the older males son, Lucas, for being nice to his sister. The elders daughter survived long enough to tell the brute what happened before succumbing to her wounds.

This leader of Erenyx was the cause of Lucas and his sisters death, even Steele's; If he wasn't alive, maybe the wolves the elder knew would still be alive.... and even yet, Helidos has not done anything but go through life as if it happens all the time. Maybe it did, maybe Erenyx and Helidos have killed each others members in the past and it was just something to live with. If so, it would mean the males warning from before wasn't just about Erenyx, it was also about Helidos. That if he in the future got in a fight and died at the jaws of an evil wolf, his naive pack would only mourn but never seek justice, that after a few days or weeks, his own death will become something that happens often.

His eyes finally moving from the ground to target the elder, Thane would now understand and for a moment, he was disappointed too know his own pack couldn't be trusted. They were not as strong and brave as he had thought. "I can not say I do, sir. Being an Alpha seems like it would be nice, but in the end you so much stress and responsibilities. I'm not a follower by any means, but I'm also not such a leader." Thane would proclaim, his voice it's usual smooth tone. The pup was not one for giggles or anything like that, he liked to be mature and calm. It was his nature, but as the male thought before, he would have no trouble in vengeance. "I aspire to be a hunter, to work as a unit and help feed the pack is an important duty and if I was to succeed in my goal, I would be proud to contribute to that rank."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Vacant Hunter | Open A Vacant Hunter | Open Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Vacant Hunter | Open

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1