Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lone Hunter [open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Lone Hunter [open] Empty
PostSubject: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2015, 21:49

The multicolored brute pushed forward as he walked through the new lands, he now was in a large clearing full of green grass, bushes and rocks, a perfect hunting area. Right at this thought something in the distance caught his attention as he moved forward, it was a lone deer emerging from the wooded area behind it. Drake immediately dropped to a crawl and peaked over a small bump in the land, large enough to hide him. The deer looked around for a while before moving out a couple feet away from the woods. Drake stalked over to the wooded area knowing he had the advantage if he was in between the deer and the woods. And soon enough he was standing with tree's surrounding him and the deer was simply a wolf length away. He waited until the deer to drop its guard then pounced. He landed on it and latched onto its shoulders. It went to run but Drake pushed his paws up onto its side and pushed off of it. It took a piece from the shoulder and knocked the deer over. As it scrambled to get up Drake took his chance and lunged at its throat. The taste of blood in Drakes mouth was strong as his teeth dug into the deer's neck puncturing its throat and making it slowly lose the ability to breath. Soon enough the deer was dead, Drake sat down and looked at the deer, crimson blood dripped from his muzzle as he licked the blood away with one swipe of his tongue. It was a quick and easy kill for Drake so he couldn't wait to see what else he could find and conquer in these lands.

The male had already ate earlier so he would keep this deer to share with the pack as proof he could hunt. Drake shook his body as the sun beat down on the males pelt, so instead of just staying therein the sun he grabbed the deer by the throat and pulled it to the shade. It wasn't quite Summer yet so Drake didn't need to worry about heat stroke yet, he just preferred the shadows over the sun. As Drake sat in the shade his dark orbs flickered around the area. He was glad to finally have a pack but wouldn't dare show any emotion. He had nobody to truly care about and knew that he wouldn't allow anybody to get close to him unless he felt they would stay. His mind was focused on one thing in this pack and that was making ally's and finding his purpose. He didn't expect to ever be a high ranking wolf all he wanted was to find his purpose in the world. Whether it was to feed a pack or protect a pack he didn't care. Drake pushed away his thoughts and perked his ears, a rabbit was only pouncing distance away from Drake. Drake stood up slowly and waited a second to see if the rabbit noticed him. He was lucky it didn't, he quickly pounced forward and slammed his paw down on its head. Drake felt the crunch of bones underneath his paw and lifted it to see the dead rabbit. He picked it up and started to carry it back to the deer. When he got back to the deer, he hoped to either share the deer and rabbit with another wolf or take it to the pack clearing for the pack.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Of Erenyx
Naomi Of Erenyx

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf - 86cm

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2015, 19:51

The scent of fresh blood spread through the lands. Onyx nostrils pointed upwards, taking in the smell. The secretion of the blood allowed the female to capture the sweet taste in her mouth. She knew what blood tasted like, how it felt. She had been mildly hungry, even after taking a gander at the kill pile. The Lead Warrior made her way towards the area. She followed her senses and kept a keen eye before her. Her heart pounded within her chest as she made her way closer to the dead bodies. The first was a deer. Interesting that a wolf took it down alone. The second body was a rabbit. It was much smaller and close to the pile was one single wolf. Did he really do this all alone? Why on earth would he even do it? Emerald eyes looked over him, thinking as she formed to words to speak to him. "State your name stranger. Why do you choose to kill so much for just yourself? You do know this pack has a kill pile, don't you?" Her words were rigid and sharp. She meant for them to be offensive to this rather attractive male. But it didn't really matter what he looked like. It was the principle for such a thing. He was far from the pack clearing and he didn't even get any help. These kills must have been for him alone. Selfish. She kept a growl low in her throat, not letting it out for any reason.

Last edited by Lead Warrior Naomi on July 20th 2015, 11:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 10:48

Drake caught scent of a female approaching and stood up when she appeared in sight, he dipped his head to the female remembering what Caspian had told him. He didn't know whether she held a high rank but he knew it was better to be safe then sorry. She started speaking almost instantly and while she spoke he noticed that she thought he had killed the prey just for him. He didn't want to make her wait forever for an answer so he spoke right away. "My name is Drake, although I did not kill these specifically for me. I was just accepted into the pack as a Hunter and was just doing my duty with hunting. I expected there to be a kill pile I just haven't been there yet." he paused for a second and looked at the female in front of him. She was larger than him and seemed like she would be a Warrior or a higher rank. "Would you like to have some?" He offered as he looked over at the prey hoping his first encounter with an Erenyx wolf within' the pack borders did not end bad. He was not hungry at all since he ate a little bit before joining the pack. He had no idea what else to do or what to expect from the female. So when he spoke he made sure to chose his words carefully, so that he did not offend the wolf. He kept his head and tail low at the same time in case she was a high ranking wolf. He did not want to be attacked by her because he made the same mistake twice.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Of Erenyx
Naomi Of Erenyx

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 11:14

"Well, Hunter Drake, since you are new to these lands, I shall be patient with you. Only this time. It is important to not be wasteful of food. Yes, it is spring and the wilds are filled with prey, but at any moment, that could very well change. As a hunter, you are providing food to fill the whole pack. By choosing to kill so much, it could all go to waste. In the future, I would hope you would at least inspect the pile before making the decision to add more to it." She had seen his attempts to be submissive to her, which was very smart. She did not smile, or show any emotions as she thought of more to speak to him. "I am Lead Warrior Naomi, and I must say, I am pleased to see such respect in you, even when you not who I was. This is good. Things like this will make Alpha Teren happy to hear. If you should ever be lucky enough to meet the royal majesty, it would be best to keep these tips in mind. There is nothing he hates more than disrespect and treason." As he offered one of the kills to her, she looked over the corpses. The fresh blood was calling to her, and she could feel the pull of her stomach, the want. The fae moved casually to the dead bodies. Nudging the rabbit with her nose, she moved it closer to her. Placing a paw on the neck, she ripped at the stomach. Ripping and tearing allowed the wolf to get a taste for the blood and guts herself. It was delicious and succulent, a good choice from the hunter. As she finished the small meal, she licked her lips, but allowed the pink residue to stay plastered on her coat. Emerald eyes looked to the wolf before her and she nodded. "Good choice, hunter. Well, now that I am here, why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2015, 13:31

[I just realized that in my first post I forgot to mention that the dear was weak, old and simply a doe. Sorry for the lack of description.]

Drake listened to the female, appreciating the tips that she gave him. He would need them since he was new to the pack and knew almost nothing about it. He wasn't quite used to paying attention to how much to hunt since he mainly would hunt, then eat as much as he could, then leave it knowing the crows would pick at the remains. He watched as Naomi chose and ate the rabbit. After she finished she asked him to tell him a little about himself. He took that as his history. "I very well appreciate your tips and will keep them in mind." he said to Naomi in respect, now that he knew that she wasn't just a newbie like him. "I am guessing by that you mean my history. Well I came from a harsh pack where I was forced to kill my litter-mates, we were not allowed to even talk to each other before the fight and we had no idea why. But afterwards I was able to chose a mentor, so I chose the Beta. Not long after I became a Warrior but my pack stupidly had their clearing next to a mountain and later was killed by a rock slide. Only a few escaped and traveled for awhile as loners. I had no idea what happened to them, but I had found a new pack and was accepted as a Warrior once again. I didn't last long in that pack since a wolf was cruelly murdered and I was framed and exiled from the pack after I was attacked by them, only one wolf really trusted me in that pack, and that was my mentor. So I traveled for awhile as a loner soon finding a friend. We would hunt together and help each other when we needed help. But after an attack by a bear, she was killed and I escaped. I only missed her for a little bit but quickly got over it since I knew it was just life. I would travel, kill when I was hungry, and leave whatever remained for the crows. Which is why I didn't really think about inspecting the prey before getting more. Next time I will though. And even though I have more experience as a Warrior inside packs, I felt I would be better as a Hunter since I actually know more with hunting than fighting." Once he finished telling her about himself, he sat down and listened for a reply. He couldn't read her emotions, so all he could do is wait for an reply.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Of Erenyx
Naomi Of Erenyx

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 21:37

It was evident that this wolf used strange words. "History" was one she was not used to hearing. Normally it had been pushed towards the "past" or anything really. It was so... professional. In a sense, Naomi couldn't figure out why a wolf would speak in such a manner. She brushed it off and listened to his tale. Deciding to stay and chat, she nestled her rump to the floor and allowed her tail to curl over her paws protectively. She listened intently, hearing every detail he was willing to share. He'd had a rough life, but Naomi would have traded their lives in a heartbeat. The fae gave a moment to collect everything in before she chose to speak. "If I had your life, my current state would be a million times better. I can understand being banished from your lands. I'd rather have that than what happened to me, but that's for another time... Unlike you, I am not too open about my past." She looked to him and then the kills he had made. "Hunting and fighting is not too terribly different. You have the same goal in the end, to keep the pack going. Hunting feeds the pack, but fighting keeps the pack protected and alive as well. The tactics are different of course, but it's good for a wolf to be well-rounded. If you can do both things well, then you are more important to the pack as a whole." Naomi looked to the remaining kills. "So what exactly is your plan to do with those?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 22:23

After she spoke he listened to what the fae had to say. She made it clear she would not share her past with him so he just listened to her. After she finished she looked to the kills and asked him what his plan was. He thought for a second then aswered, "Well, I will have to find my way to the kill pile and leave it there. I am not hungry, so I will not need to take any of it for myself." Drake sat down and looked at the fae wondering what happened in her past. He didn't really care about his past. If he did then he would either be a fearful whelp or a haunted killer. And he was neither, he was loyal and used his past mistakes to make him stronger. Drake shook those thoughts from his mind and started to think about what Naomi had said before. About how wolves needed to posess both skills and be well-rounded in order to be useful to the pack. He agreed entirely about that. He prefered not to fight, but if commanded to do so he would fight til death. He had expirience as a Warrior in packs but had expirience as a Hunter as a loner. Drake felt that he could be important to the pack but knew there would be plenty of other wolves that are the same way. He couldn't go ahead and start thinking of himself stronger then any wolf or else it would be the death of him. He knew his place in a pack and would continue to do what he needed to be at least respected as a pack member and not looked down at. "Can I ask you something?" He paused for a slight second before continuing. "What is it like in this pack? Like how does the Alpha run it?" He was truly curious to learn more about the 'royal majesty' as she had mentioned earlier. He only knew that the Alpha does not like treason or disrespect. But what Alpha would? He already could tell that the pack would not be all run on happiness and rainbow crap. He would not be able to deal with living in a pack where he was expected to be kind to everyone even if he wanted to tear them to pieces. Even though Drake is more of an 'you dont mess with me and I won't mess with you' wolf. But if he really wanted to, he could be a really mean wolf.

[sorry if it is a bit all over the place and if there are any mistakes. My computer broke so I am on my tablet and I am really tired]
Back to top Go down
Naomi Of Erenyx
Naomi Of Erenyx

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2015, 22:46

"I have lived in Erenyx from the time these lands were controlled by Alpha Steele. This pack was strong and vicious then. The Alpha made rules of which some faes would not agree with. Something about ruining love or whatever. I was here the day Teren became Alpha of these lands. He challenged the old Alpha for his position, beating him at the borders and carrying his body to the pack clearing. There he professed himself the true king of Erenyx and ripped out the beating heart of my Alpha. He devoured it before us all. And for the bastard son of Steele, he ripped out the windpipe and gave it to him as a gift. Immediately there were those who opposed him, asking stupid questions. But there were also those who followed him directly. Teren is a wolf of few words, until needed. He does not call upon us often, but he does judge all of our skills. In his first task, he forced the male wolves to kill a grizzly bear. For the faes, we had to face one another in spars, proving our worth to him and his cause." She recalled her battle with Gemini, thinking how strange it had been to be paired with a Hunter. Why would the Alpha do such a thing? "It was through these tests that he promoted some and demoted others. But the most recent test has been the worst of them all. Alpha Teren commanded the yearlings into a circle of their peers and parents, and were told to fight for the death, only one would survive. They were too young for such a thing, and now our numbers have dwindled. He often speaks of his hatred for the pack ran by an incompetent Alphess, but if he keeps up these tasks, then we will no longer have any wolves to fight this force of good." Realizing she had not really explained the way Alpha Teren was, she thought of a good way to portray him. She thought for a moment, looking into the eyes of the wolf before her. Now that she had taken a good look at him, he was rather handsome and his coat was stunningly different than her own. "Two wolves tried to stop the fight, one was a Beta and the other, a Warrior - the son of Alpha Steele. The Beta was attacked by his pet, Beta Irrationality. When she did not submit, he demoted her to the rank of Warrior. As for the Warrior, he was exiled and beaten from the lands. He is proposed to be dead now, unable to recover from such injuries he took. If you show the Alpha disrespect, he will make you pay for it, as he demoted an Elite fae to that of a Warrior as well. You should consider yourself lucky for the gifts that hang from between your legs. Life in this pack will be easy for you, but for me on the other paw, it will always be a challenge."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Hunter [open] The Lone Hunter [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lone Hunter [open]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1