Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old man of the Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Alimar Of Helidos
Alimar Of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Old man of the Forest Empty
PostSubject: Old man of the Forest Old man of the Forest Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2015, 21:30

It was night and pitch black on the outer edge of the pack's territory. Crickets had started to chirp and the only light besides the faint stars were the fireflies that danced around the greyed face of the loner. They illuminated his aging features and created shadows where shadows had already come to rest. Age had not been pretty to the old male. His once built and quite handsome physique now was scraggly, patchy and greying from many winters. At over nine years of age the male walked slowly, his bones aching and creaking in the night as his dying sense of smell lead him to the border. This would be his third and probably final pack to call home if they accepted him. Doubt hung in his mind like a black cloud that a pack wouldn't want an aged mouth to feed, one who could hardly fight or hunt successfully like the young and spry. Then again he did have a lot to offer to a pack of youngsters who would give him the time of day. A lifetime of knowledge held on to his bones and brown fur, stories as well flooded his mind. Perhaps this pack would have young wolves wishing to hear of the old days. Ones of honor, courage and a good bloody fight.

Stepping near the border the old male lowered his rump to the floor, glad to have weight off his sore extremities for a while. His tail lay straight out behind him, permanently kinked from a run-in with a rival wolf years ago. Rolling his shoulders his golden eyes looked to the stars above him, as if asking someone out there for strength if this didn't work out. "Come on old man, don't be giving up without a fight" he thought to himself as he tossed his neck back and howled. It was low and dry, but held the deepness of a wolf full of spirit, despite the grey of his face and the scars of seasons past on his body.
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Old man of the Forest Old man of the Forest Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2015, 22:20

Stirring from his den, a single leaf stuck to his head. He could see it from the peripheral of his right eye and he shook his head from side to side. Once it fell to the ground, Azul inspected the leaf. It had been green and full of life. The Elder sniffed it gently, even licked it once or twice. It was definitely a leaf of the herbs he had acquired from the healers. He didn't know what it was called, but it had been said to help with the aches and pains for those who were nearing the end of their lives. He chewed on the leaf, taking in the healing affects, no matter how long they planned on taking. He did not know how it worked or why, but he always felt much better once he consumed the green things. He sat up on his haunches and leaned his head far back. As he did so, he maw opened wide and he released a long and drawn out yawn. He stretched his paws forward and opened his eyes wide, looking to the outside world. It was night, darker than the coat of all the black wolves combined. But the stars light up the sky, illuminating the world around them. It was peaceful and silent. But his restless bones would not allow his old body to sleep. Walking out of the den, he moved to the outside world. As he wandered the area, he decided to take a midnight stroll around the border. The activity of such a thing would surely force the brute to be tired enough to sleep.

One paw after the other, the elder moved at a slow pace. He enjoyed the noises of the night. The fireflies with their abdomens a glow, and the small hoots of the owls. Night was brilliant and with summer swiftly approaching, it would be the coolest time of the day. As he moved along the unbeaten path, his eyes lingered on the way before him. What would he see on this beautiful night? Would it be prey or perhaps he would find something slightly more interesting? He could feel it in his joints, that something was going to happen tonight. It was not long until his gut feeling held its promise. A howl swept off into the night, alerting him that a guest was present. With the turn of his ears, they pointed north. His eyes tried to see through the shrubs and darkness, but the being was either very small or resting down. He moved silently, not wishing to scare the wolf who requested aid at this late hour. As he did so, he stood as tall as he could, proud of the rank he once held. He approached the guest, still within the borders of Helidos, and smiled. "Greetings friend, I am Azul. It appears I am the only one awake at this time of night, so I shall be helping you this evening. What may I help you with?"
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Alimar Of Helidos
Alimar Of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Old man of the Forest Old man of the Forest Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2015, 18:39

Ending his howl Alimar settled back into his relaxed position. He let the sounds of night fill his ears and slowly his golden eyes started to close as a doze soon found him. Still alert the presence of another wolf quickly brought him awake once more. Shaking the sleep from his face he smiled warmly as an older white male neared him. "Hello friend Azul I am called Alimar it's a pleasure to meet you" he said politely dipping his head low to the white male in an act of respect. "Forgive me, but I dozed off a bit back there. Anywho I ask for acceptance in this pack iffin you'll have me. I am an old wolf yes, but still strong and capable to fend for myself." He explained, raising back up with his ears still flicked back in respect. Having been around packs all his life he knew proper etiquette and how to ask for acceptance. "By the smell of things I take it this is the pack not run by the rogue nor the one governed by a large black beast?" He questioned, hoping this was the welcoming pack called Heli....something.

Knowing the routine Alimar continued to smile warmly at Azul, waiting for his reply. Doubt was still in his mind that this pack wouldn't accept him for his age and lack of brawn. Maybe they would be easy on the old man and let him tag along though? "I know I don't look like much friend, but I still have much to offer if you be giving me a chance." His front right leg then popped left and he felt his shoulder crack. Holding back a satisfied sigh of contentment he remained focused on Azul. He could tell he was once a great wolf, one of rank and importance by how he carried himself. Was this the famed white leader of the pack from long ago?
Back to top Go down
Elder Azul
Site Owner
Site Owner
Elder Azul

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Old man of the Forest Old man of the Forest Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2015, 21:03

A soft chuckle escaped from his lips as he looked to the male counterpart. This wolf was as old as him, possibly older. Azul would be respectful though, as he was with all others he had met. He gave a smile and a nod. "It was not dozing off, just simply resting your eyes. I understand such things, so do not worry so much about it. We do not judge wolves by what they can or cannot do, their age, gender or anything else. If you are seeking a place to call home, then look no further. Here in Helidos, we are welcoming to all who seek shelter in our home. Though you will share the same rank as me, Elder. It is for the wolves who have lived their lives and have nothing but experiences to share. It is a good position, and I can finally say I am happy to share it with another. I have been an elder since I stepped down as Alpha male. But that is a story for another time. If you wish to join me, then you may. I was just about to make my rounds of the territory, or you could head on towards the dens and get a good night's rest." Azul dipped his head and moved along his way. If he was accompanied, he would tell him more of these lands. But if he was alone, he would make the single loop around the borders, and then head on back home for a snooze once again.

[Welcome to Helidos! Please change your name to Elder Alimar! You are free to post anywhere in Helidos you like.]
Back to top Go down
https://ageofthewolves.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old man of the Forest Old man of the Forest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old man of the Forest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1