Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accept my Invitation. [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2015, 10:05

Despite what some would think of the highly ranked male hunting for his own food, he didn't except those of appropriate ranking to do the work for him. He was content to search the lands for traces of wildlife on his own terms, for there was little that he found more peaceful; he wasn't a particularly social creature, and lately he had been proving that more than ever, because to see him idly among the grounds of their camp was a rare sight indeed. He had become a scarce presence at best, but the Alpha male's trust in him was relentless, and should he be needed, he would be there - until then, he wouldn't be.

When he spotted her, picking at the ground, aware of her surroundings and yet unaware of him, he had been quick to take action. She had fallen before the chase could even begin, because by the time she had taken a handful of steps he was already too close for her to have stood a chance. He was an apt hunter, especially when there was nothing to distract him; his expertise in the field could be considered borderline mesmerizing to observe, but he was hardly one to boast of his own accomplishments.

The doe was unmoving, her warm body relaxed against the tip of his paw. He knelt towards her, closing his teeth around her neck and severing a juicy mouthful. He would feast upon what little was required to energize him, and the rest would be a gift to the pack - perhaps his Alpha would appreciate the gesture, for there had been a significant decrease in their communication as of late. He was busy with his leadership, of course, and the Beta was, perhaps, busy in his own way, but it was only a matter of time until he was summoned for something of importance, and he'd be prepared once the time for such a thing was upon him. He wasn't the most... present of authority figures, but he was undeniably dedicated to the pack's supremacy. He just showed it in unique, unexpected way.

The sound of a rock skipping across the ground had him lifting his head from the doe's neck, searching his vicinity for another. His body was unflinching, for on his own land there was nothing to be afraid of. He was patient with his watcher; he wouldn't command him or her to reveal themselves, but would instead wait out the lengths of their unneeded caution with him. He was undoubtedly the most loyal among them to Teren, but he had very few similarities to the brute, and when it came down to styles of leadership he was not nearly as hostile. From wherever the other wolf was positioned, they would be able to see the way he lowered his muzzle to the doe's body, pushing it away from him in the hopes he or she would recognize something so simple as an offering to join him and have a bite.
Back to top Go down
Elder Lyonitus
Elder Lyonitus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2015, 11:34

Open fields, with rocks breaking out from the surface as if it was the bottom of the sea during low tide. It wasn't beautiful like some different places that he had seen while rouge, in fact it was rather quite ordinary. The only thing that made it different from some other places was that it was claimed land. And the ownership was of Erenyx, or more specifically, their leader. But now he was among them, an Elder in their ranks that had a rather easy time slipping in. Sure being the sibling of higher ranks had its advantages, but for him it meant he might have a harder time gaining trust. Not every wolf would be satisfied with the rule of Teren, and his brother's reputation would only reflect onto him. They may be brothers, but the two were different. Not by much no, but Lyonitus is what one might call the trickster. He made things seem okay, acted politely and generous to those unknowing, but deep down he was sinister. No tooth was innocent in a kill, not one hair of his fur had not been graced with red, and his eyes always were cold and empty, not letting anyone unwanted in. Yes, he and his brothers had done many of the same terrible things, but how they executed them was very different.

As he came through the meadows, his eyes scanning it for anyone else of his kind or one of another that he could kill a form came to him. It was a doe, peacefully on her own, or so it seemed. She grazed like the rest of her kind does, unaware of the brute as he watched her. And soon she was dead, without a sound or chase she fell. But not from the Elder's own jaws, but to another. A rather skilled hunter it seemed as he had managed to make the kill of a deer so quick and clean. Taking a few stepped forward he watched the wolf, stopping on a patch of rock but where he was still hidden from view. It was no doubt a male, his coat an array of shades of brown and copper, and the way he held himself made it seem as if he was no ordinary pack wolf. He let the brute eat in silence, his teeth sinking into the juicy bit of the neck as he too calmly ate unaware. How amusing it would be if the bi-colored eyed brute was a cannibal, there would be just a chain of events. One kill after the other. First the grass, then the doe, and now the wolf. But that would not happen but it still made the brute chuckle inside as he shifted, his paw causing a few rocks to move and slip upon the ground.

That alerted the other male, he knew now that he was not alone and his eyes looked around for any sign of what was there. But he did not see the older male, but still did not go back to eating. He stood still for a moment then his head bent as he nudged the prize away from him as an invitation and offering. Giving himself a moment he flicked his ear, watching the other for a moment before walking forward. His tail swayed behind him as he appeared in sight, his head carried appropriately as he drew near. "Excellent kill, quick and clean as it should be. I appreciate the invitation. I am Elder Lyonitus, who might you be?" He stood above the male, as he did with most wolves, he was much larger than average. Bending his head he took a hunk of flesh from the prey into his jaws. His ears were still perked and faced towards the stranger, so he would know he still held his attention, even if his gaze was elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2015, 11:14

He had been watching him for longer than he had anticipated; it would've been appropriate to feel disconcerted by this sudden intake of information, but the Beta male maintained his ever stoic disposition, unnaturally quiet underneath the brief scrutiny of the unfamiliar elder - and yet he knew him.

Rather, he knew of him. He didn't need to carry on a conversation with his pack-mates to be aware of when someone new had crossed the border. Besides, it wasn't everyday that a sibling of Teren happened upon them, though oddly enough, with Caspian having affiliated himself with them recently, it seemed it would only be so long before there was another after this one: Lyonitus, so he was named. He lowered his head in a show of respect, for an elder was entitled to as much, leaning back as he motioned forward to take a bite of the doe he had skillfully brought down. "Beta Irrationality." He kept it plain and simple. Normally he refrained from stating his rank and his name together, like they were a part of each other, like he didn't exist beyond his authority, but Lyonitus had included his pack positioning, and from the faraway look in his eye, Irrationality could only assume that roughly the same was expected from him.

"You're related to Teren." he paused for a moment, but not because it was a question; he wanted to see what emotions, if any, surfaced at mention of their Alpha's name. "Did you come to this pack to find him?" His ears were pulled forward, a natural display of attentiveness, because whenever his sole superior was being discussed, the attention that he paid was stifling. Beyond his loyalty there was scarcely anything to be had or found, and that would become clear very shortly if the elder was as intuitive and watchful as he believed him to be.
Back to top Go down
Elder Lyonitus
Elder Lyonitus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2015, 12:57

The younger brute was respectful, dipping his head in a sign of respect towards the elder as he bent his head to eat. His name was Beta Irrationality, or so he said. But he did not seem like he was lying nor was he the type that would strike him as to give out a false title. It seemed as if he already knew of whom he was in these lands, and held great respect towards Lyonitus, despite having never met him in person. The brute supposed that he had spoken with Teren as his beta and had heard the news, or from plain old gossip that spread through the camp. He was unsure of how many wolves actually knew whom he really was, but this male did. May that be due to realization or words, the end of them were the same; he was correct. And lifting his head the elder locked his eyes on the male, a small crooked grin coming onto his face as he gave short nod in reply as he let him continue his words. Come here looking for Teren? Slightly yes, mostly no. But the attention that he was giving the mixed brown pelted brute was exceptional, ears alert and forward as he waiting for answers. It was no doubt that he held a deep respect for his Alpha, and yet the two were not quite the same. "Yes, I am one of Teren's brothers. It is nice to meet someone who holds him in such high regards, and I can see why he made you his Beta. The answer to your question is both yes and no. I was lost to out original home and lived as a rouge for a long time, never looking for my brother. However, I had heard rumors of Erenyx and guessed it was him who was the new leader. I came out of curiosity, and I wasn't expecting to join but I did." He paused as he lowered his legs to sit, his tail resting out behind him against the grass. He flicked his gaze over Irrationality, assessing him. "How long have you been serving my brother, might I ask? You seem very loyal unto him, do you approve of all the orders he has made?" His ears, like the one who stood opposite to him, were alert and full of attention, his green and silver-brown orbs kept fixated on his frame as he awaited answers.
Back to top Go down
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2015, 07:49

It wasn't clear what intentions were hidden beneath a calmly maintained exterior. A wolf of Teren's bloodline was scarcely accompanied by a heart of a gold: Teren, himself, was a rather malicious dictator, and the Delta male, Caspian, although speaking volumes of his unquestionable obedience, had something in his eyes that was ironically questionable. The Elder, upon a first encounter, seemed kind if that could be considered an appropriate wording, and even though he had yet to give the Beta male any reason to continue with caution, his suspicions didn't deter.

"I served the previous Alpha, Steele, as his Delta, but I was quick to ascend to the rank I currently hold when Teren claimed this pack as his own." He left it at that, seeing no reason to venture into further detail. He had been given his authority because Teren had found him enlightening, had observed worth behind his knowledge of Steele, and since then he had been nothing but uncannily loyal and narrow-minded when it came to the lethal decisions that his Alpha made. "When I was appointed to be his Beta, I accepted what that particular authority entailed: I was to abide by and enforce what he deemed law, and I do so without protest. It's not my place to approve or disprove." He was truly of a robotic essence, acting as the description of his rank more than an actual wolf with an actual identity and personality. He was the ideal right-hand for someone like Teren: incapable of being swayed, incapable of being commanded by an outside force, and above all else, he was morally empty.

"Do you hold the commands he has issued in high favour? If you hadn't intended to align with Erenyx, something surely must have changed your mind at the border." By now he likely understood that to speak lowly of his brother, or his brother's sovereignty, wasn't an option, for it would be reported without hesitation, but Irrationality nonetheless inquired as though there was no doubt he would speak his mind truthfully. If there was something more to Lyonitus, a collection of unseen elements waiting to be discovered, he would do his part to try and unravel the mysteries and, if needed, make them known to his commander.
Back to top Go down
Elder Lyonitus
Elder Lyonitus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2015, 11:04

Bland, adjective; lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting. That is how he would find the male that stood before him. He was uniform, plain in personality. He followed his brother completely that was good, but what he lacked was something to make him his own. No wonder he made you his Beta.. Irrationality was a skilled brute, that was undoubtedly true, and that alone might have gotten him the rank. He was also very loyal, which was a good thing as well. However, there was not much that would make him stand out and be a great leader from what he could see. His job was to enforce laws yes, and he had no doubt that he could carry that out well. But a Beta would and should give his input on the Alpha's decisions not just leave them without questioning. He had to wonder though, his loyalty seemed not to deter at all when my brother took over, just switched to his new Alpha figure. If I were to kill Teren, would that loyalty come the same way to me? Of course he had no plans to kill his darkened kin, but it was a rather interesting thought.

The questions he asked now were almost as if he were trying to figure the bi-colored eye brute out. If he had no intentions why did he join? Did he approve of the orders he made? He knew only the ones that he had been apart of when they were young. Something bad has happened here though, and recently. Solemn and depressed faces were some that he had seen upon his passing pack-mates. But what it was he did not know, and he was not quite sure if he wanted to ask. But he would answer the younger male's questions honestly. "I know nothing of the demands he has made here, only from when we both lived in our birth pack. And all was pretty normal, not happy-go-lucky, but not savage either. That came later, No I did not approve of everything he did, but of most yes. I found enjoyment in it at times as well. And what changed my mind was your Alpha himself. I had no intentions of joining a pack that was not under him or was, but once we began speaking I realized how much I missed being apart of the pack-life. I will miss the freedom of being a rouge, but I am happy to have found someplace to rest my bones when I die." He paused for a moment, before asking the question he was wondering first. "You seemed to have made quite an easy switch of where you would put your loyalties when my brother first came; easily switching from Steele to Teren. Tell me, say I, or another stranger, killed Teren and took over as the new leader of Erenyx. Would your loyalty switch automatically? Or would it take quite some time to adjust for you?"
Back to top Go down
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2015, 09:21

It was difficult to discern whether or not his answer had satisfied the Elder. The look upon his face hadn't changed enough to be worth nothing, and no matter how much he searched it appeared to be to no avail. There was no threat here, at least, not anything of a grand enough scale that it needed to be investigated further, but as the Alpha's kin he would hardly be dismissed as docile.

Unlike him, Lyonitus seemed to have thoughts and opinions of his own: even though he claimed to mostly agree with Teren's malicious and violent demands from the past, there were time when he didn't, and his honesty although bold was admirable. Irrationality was driven to press further upon this matter, almost to the point where he'd cast a light upon the recent puppy battles that he seemed to know so little about, but at the last possible second he stopped himself. It wasn't worth digging up the most recent of catastrophic calls that Teren had made for something so simple as to see whether or not Lyonitus thought it good or bad. Besides, the Elder had already offered up the newest of his curiosities, and Irrationality was forced to consider this with a renewed sense of wariness.

He couldn't help wondering if this meant that Lyonitus had his sights fixated upon his brother's authority and wished to know if Irrationality's abnormal loyalty would be a part of the package or, even worse, he knew that someone else had this crazy idea in their head. Tension thickened inside of him, but he maintained a calm disposition; he would be among the last to make it known that a warning sign had been triggered. "It's true that my loyalty switched with almost disloyal quickness, but being Steele's Delta didn't establish any reliance whatsoever between us. With Teren as the Alpha, and I as his Beta, there is heavier reliance - if he was in danger, he could rely on me to risk my life for his. In the chance that he died and I lived, however...." He paused, acknowledging the facts for what they were. "My loyalties would switch automatically, as is appropriate. I cannot be of service to someone who is dead." It was true, even if it seemed unlikely. Right now Teren was the sole holder of his limitless loyalty, and he would be kept alive to the best of his Beta's ability.

[sorry for any crappiness, my muse slipped.]
Back to top Go down
Elder Lyonitus
Elder Lyonitus

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2015, 22:24

While the other male answered his question, Lyonitus bent his skull down to grab another bite of the meat. The tough material of the doe was delicious in both the taste and texture; it was a rather great catch. The teeth that lay behind his lips were now slightly tainted red, as well as the fur on his muzzle, he would have to find a stream or body of water to wash it off more than his tongue would be able to do. His ears were faced alert and forward, taking in every word that came from Irrationality's jaws. They were wise but there was something beneath them that he could only take as suspicion. However it was well hidden and if he had not been as listening as closely as he was, the brute would have missed it.

He sighed, bringing his neck up from its bent position as his eyes shut, taking in what he had just heard. It was true a wolf could not serve the dead, but he would risk his life in order to save the wolf he now followed. He was diligent and hardworking. He saw things as the way that were and nothing more or less; the elder liked that. Peeking open his green iris he would gaze halfway upon the Beta, his other eye only seeing darkness. Then slowly he opened the other, now being able to see the whom image. The demon was a hard one to figure out, but he was quite the mystery. He was still young, about for or five the large wolf estimated, yet he had accomplished many things. Dipping his head he showed the wolf his newfound respect, words flowing from his jaws next.

"Good answer. To ease what you may be thinking, I have no desires to overthrow my brother. At eight years old.. it would be pointless. You seem smart, like what you know you want in life. A hardworking and loyal lad like yourself could have a million opportunities in the world. So why Erenyx? Do you know what you wish to accomplish in the future, or are you just riding the current of the river?"
[It isn't much, but it'll do?]
Back to top Go down
Beta Irrationality
Beta Irrationality

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2015, 08:09

[I hope you don't mind my ending the thread? You can post a reply if you want to, but it won't matter to me if you choose not to.]

Normally he wouldn't be so quick to accept someone's word as fact, but the Beta had observed thus far that there was little reason to doubt Lyonitus. He was out of his prime, and to overthrow the Alpha and claim the authority for himself wouldn't be easy; rather, it wouldn't be worth the effort. He had been reunited with two of his brothers upon crossing Erenyx's border, and assumably he had found the place he would remain with until he died - the rest of his future was relatively written in stone, but Irrationality's was different entirely. The second in command was young enough to make changes to his life, young enough to lead, and yet he didn't want such power for himself. He had turned it down in the past - the life he lead prior to Erenyx was something he'd never forget - and he was content to remain at the level he was for the remainder of his years.

"It could have been Helidos, if that's what's you're asking. My choice of Erenyx was simply made: I came across their border first. Nothing too impressive fuelled the placement of my loyalty with this pack, but I nonetheless stood by what I said at the border that first day. I will stay unless, of course, Teren goes." Irrationality's loyalty was not so simple as to say he was obedient to Erenyx and its deadly cause. He wasn't loyal to a pack, but to an Alpha; he didn't feel the need to be individualistic, for if he wasn't a right-hand then he was hardly anything at all. He existed to serve, and he would serve until it sent him to an inevitably early grave - that was what sadly rested within what he had left to call a future.

It didn't sadden him like it would so many another, however. Teren was nothing more than a cruel tyrant in the eyes of
most, but Irrationality was content to live in his shadow, and to inflict harm upon the innocent if he called for it. He could've been working for a gentler cause, he could've been aligned with a pack that wished to better the world, not watch it burn, but he wasn't and it was as simple as that. Anyone could see that his loyalty to the maniacal Alpha was unwavering, and that nothing other than his death would be able to steer him towards someone more deserving of such a bound servant. Irrationality stood to his full height, then, stretching out his muscular legs and signalling his leave with a dip of the head; there was nothing more to be gathered from this exchange, and therefore it was time for him to move on to, perhaps, more pressing matters. "Thank you for your time, Lyonitus. It was a pleasure to become better acquainted with someone of our Alpha's blood.

-exit Irrationality-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Accept my Invitation. [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accept my Invitation. [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1