Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Around in My Dreams - Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Apprentice Achak
Apprentice Achak

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Running Around in My Dreams - Open Empty
PostSubject: Running Around in My Dreams - Open Running Around in My Dreams - Open Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2015, 03:18

Solitude was a difficult thing. While not always welcomed, neither was it fully dismissed. Quiet in nature, Achak felt out of place in large groups and found safety in the heart of nature - right where he wasn't supposed to be. However, being apart from the hustle and bustle of Helidos life left him with many thoughts and allowed his imagination to soar. Without a mentor yet, the young whelp was left to his own devices for learning. Leaves were still enjoyable, but no longer did the fronds feel as though they were helping. He yearned for more. Alas, there were far too many busy wolves to acknowledge the quiet whelp of the alpha's litter. It wasn't as if he pulled his weight either - confrontations weren't exactly his suit. So, to pass the time, the pup found enjoyment with the learning of what was around him. Sticking true to his idea from the pack meeting so long ago, he had returned to the glade that had appeared so beautiful in nature where the yellow flowers grew tall and flowers were in abundance this summer. It still felt somewhat rebellious to leave the pack clearing without a wolf to accompany him, but the idea had grown tiresome and an annoyance to those that he consistently asked. He wouldn't learn anything if there were always careful, watchful eyes hovering over him and his every move.

Neck tilting upward as far as it could and eyes squinting in the dazzling sunlight, Achak peered above to the flowers that pointed towards the large yellow globe in the sky. He felt so small and insignificant in their presence. Would he grow up to stand in the sunlight, too, or would he always cover in the shadows? Frowning, the young whelp looked down to the floor and scratched his nails in the dirt. 'Some mighty hunter I am.' He thought to himself, grimacing at himself. The other pups were getting the hang of hunting - they could catch rabbits. He couldn't. 'I try. I try so hard. I just can't get it.' Nails hardened in anger before simply falling limp. The apprentice sighed. Everything came with time.. There was no point in getting upset over differences. Brushing the unearthed dirt smooth with his paw pad, Achak slowly let his amber eyes lift from the ground and scanned the stems and petals of flowers that littered the field. Silence. With only a soft breeze brushing his pelt softly in strands of bi-colored fur and the distant songs of birds, there was no soft words of gossip. No loud calls between friends. No looks that seemed to speak everything. Peace.

His paws started to move on their own almost knowingly through the maze of flowers. The whelp wove his way around corners and unbeaten paths - gazing at everything around him. Yellow flowers and pink flowers and blue flowers - it seemed almost a rainbow of color that all held mystery. Would did all of these flowers and herbs do? What was their purpose? Were they stronger than he? Childish enjoyment sparkled in his eyes. The battle of knowledge was a never ending one. It was then that only a faint but ever present squeak spoke through the field. Ears erect and listening, Achak crouched his body low. Where could it be? Amber eyes darted from left to right, before finally honing in on the target. Field mouse. It scrambled underneath the protection of the flowers darting this way and that. The wolf pup's paws slowly started to carefully move, treading closer to the fast vermin, before finally he broke into an all out sprint. It all happened so quickly.

Nails and teeth ready to find their mark, the whelp was surprised to find that what was hit was not the target. Frowning in displeasure, Achak looked down at the ruined flower that had been the poor victim to get his misfortune. Petals and leaves flattened and holes present, the apprentice felt guilty for the damage he had done. The field mouse scrambled away hurriedly - alive to tell the tale of the pup's bad hunting.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Running Around in My Dreams - Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Around in My Dreams - Open Running Around in My Dreams - Open Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2015, 19:07

Still getting over the embarrassment of his last escapade away from the pack lands the Beta decided today was ok for a walk. Juno was busy with her duties as was young Aleu, which left some alone time for the old Beta to wander a bit, and not try to pick any flowers. Her tail still pained him from that ordeal, but thankfully not too many had heard of it. Smiling at the funny thought Marrok started to wander into the flower fields when the scent of a Helidos pup caught his nose. Not recognizing it quickly he trotted towards it to see the sight of a pup trying to catch a mouse. Not revealing his position he watched the boy try and fail at his attack. It made the old male smirk then clear his throat before approaching. "Good attempt son, next time try to anticipate the prey's route of escape and cut it off. It's easier to trap a cage prey than a free one." He offered, sitting down across from the young male. "I am Marrok, what's your name son?" He questioned, purposely leaving out his rank. He didn't demand respect all the time, and was curious to see how he would react to him now.
Back to top Go down

Running Around in My Dreams - Open

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1