Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Wolf, Extra Threads,

Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Empty
PostSubject: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 15:18

Released from the gathering, he had already started off to the valley. He was ready to learn and teach some of these new recruits in the pack. He was assigned to work with the two healers. Samoset and Eirwen. The brute seemed like a promising student for the Delta, but the little fae was small and nervous quite often. Although he would have some difficulty getting her to be aggressive, he would try his best to show these wolves that he was in his rank for a reason. He looked to the two healers, curious to their skills in both fighting and herbal treatments. "First, once we get there I want Samoset to spar with me first. Eirwen, you will watch and take note of what skills and tactics the both of us use, then it will be your turn to show me what you can do. As for you Samoset, I want you to use the best skills you have when it comes to defending yourself. Show me what you're capable of, but remember. This is just a spar. We're not in war here. It's best not to make enemies with me. Am I understood?" His blue eyes scanned the two before he continued walking. He was sure that the two would listen to him, as he was not going to be pushed around by two healers. He was going to ensure to them that he was in fact, a higher ranking wolf and could most definitely make them suffer if they even though so much for a moment that they were better than anyone else. The Delta knew he was not the best. He trained enough to try to be the best, but not yet held that title. "Do not mistake me for a fool. I am aware that I am not better than the two of you, nor you to me. Alpha Magnus and Alphess Chiara hold me to high standards for being their only high ranking wolf here, and I intend to remain up to those standards. As I was the only one who followed them from our previous home that still thrives off of the death and suffering of others. A place I am sure you could not survive in with it's harsh conditions." He spoke as he kept his eyes forward. He did not want the two to get the wrong idea that he was harsh, but he could be if he so wished. Although he did want to show that he did have authority here, he was not going to make them act like they're lesser than he was. He knew how to fight, and the white male was going to ensure that these two did as well. That was his goal. If the healers could show him the basics and pull them off accurately and correctly, he had done his job right and well.

padding along, he took notice of the other wolves around him. He was going to watch some of the other every chance he got to examine their skills as they might do so for everyone else. His curiosity rose when his eyes fell upon the bi-colored brute who had been paired with the Warrior Tastu. He wanted to keep an eye on him, as he still seemed a bit more mysterious to the Delta as he would like. Looking around at the others, his eyes fell upon Claudia and Killian, then Zephyr and Paislee, and finally, Jinx and Amatis. He wanted to work with them all one on one at some point or another, but held off until the right time for the each of them. The male's attention was caught as they entered the larger valley of open space. He took a deep breath in and scanned the area. This was it. "And so it begins." He muttered slightly as he looked around. The beginning of their new life.
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2015, 17:21

The healer had to admit, he wasn't overly eager to hear that he was going to be trained in combat. He was a true pacifist at heart; conflict was troublesome, in its most insignificant form. He much preferred to simply walk away, or run, whatever was required to save his hide. He was familiar with playing the role of the diplomat- he often had to mediate enmity between Ama and Argo whenever the siblings disagreed about something. Playing warrior was a far more daunting task. Well, I could always just use it for self defense, if I'm really cornered and Death is hanging on my tail. He thought with a meager shrug of his shoulders, a calm smile present on his maw. He had never once fought anything in his entire life, and he had abstained from learning from Mae when she'd offered. He was little more than a naive little juvenile then, too proud and set in his morals to lay a paw on anyone in offense. He wanted to help those who were hurt, not cause the injuries he was duty and honor bound to heal. That was before the ambush, of course, when he had abandoned those he loved to certain death by the jaws of their opponents. Would they have survived, he wondered, if he had not been so proud a runt to learn how to fight? Probably not. He thought with cynical dismissiveness as he trailed behind the Delta, his disposition casual and laid back. I mean, it was a whole battalion that surrounded us. One more fighter would have made no difference. We all would have perished just the same. There was, of course, something he could have done to save them. He shoved the notion to the back of his mind, however, to prevent himself from lingering any further. I know I'm a coward... But please do not think about that.

Instead of dwelling on useless matters, he turned his light brown focus towards his fellow healer, his expression pleasant and amiable. He had to admit he was somewhat stricken when he first glimpsed her; she was potentially the most lovely she-wolf he had ever seen. Her fur was a soft cream white, smooth and spotless as a cloud, and her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue, unlike any he had seen before. Her demeanor seemed somewhat shy and withdrawn, though, and he'd noticed her stammering introduction. He cast a friendly smile in her direction, his usual inclination to socialize surfacing with casual ease. "Bet you weren't expecting this, huh? I certainly wasn't." His tone was light and carefree, as if he were speaking with someone whom he was already familiar. He dipped his head in polite greeting to the fae as they walked, his expression kind and nonchalant. "You're name is Eirwen, right? I'm Samoset, in case you didn't catch it. It's nice to be formally acquainted with you. Seems we'll be working together in the future." The thought of complimenting her crossed his mind for a moment, but he knew that wasn't really a good idea. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, and she already seemed a bit nervous. A bit of empathy leaked onto his friendly expression as he continued, his voice easy and casual. "I'm sure this won't be anything too serious. Might even be a bit fun." He flashed her an encouraging grin, though he really wasn't certain if it was more for him than for her. He walked and talked confidently enough, but his stomach was brewing with patent nervousness at even the idea of fighting.

He quieted down and listened in respectful attentiveness as their superior began to explain the plan, and his stomach sunk somewhat the prospect of a spar. He wasn't certain if he wanted to laugh or whimper when the Delta warned him against taking the fight too far, but he remained calm and respectful, his voice polite as he answered. "Yes sir." He really did not need to worry about foul from him. Though both males were roughly the same size, Malachai was obviously stockier, and he didn't think it was too out rageous to assume that the Delta was fairly skilled when it came to combat. Samoset was a self admitted coward, an average specimen who would much rather shamelessly run and give up than face an opponent. His demeanor was casual, but the amiable grin he wore was tainted with latent anxiety.
I'm about to be pummeled, aren't I?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2015, 03:05

There were going to learn how to fight? The smallest of frowns pulled at the delicate fae's face at the idea of needing to be taught how to hurt someone. She was a Healer and it was against her nature to willingly injure another. The only pain she was prepared to inflict was the sting of herbs in wounds; such sensations were inevitable and she would not wish it upon others if she could help it. Trailing after the Delta and a fellow Healer, she kept herself as inconspicuous as possible, hoping that her lack of presence would keep little attention to her. As she padding behind them, she glanced around at her packmates, radiant blue-grey eyes glimmering curiously. Surely, they would fare better than her in this, although she hoped that she wasn't too far behind them in skill. She knew that when push came to shove, her shy demeanour would be discarded briefly in order to make way for justification. But she hoped that she would never need to partake in any sort of violence if she could avoid it.

As they came to a stop, Eirwen seated herself beside her fellow Healer, neatly curling her tail around herself. The Delta had not yet said a word and while she waited, she was startled when another unexpected voice sounded next to her. Turning her head to look at the male, she lowered her eyes modestly, bowing her head in return.  At his correct guess of her name, she managed a slow and shy smile as she nodded in confirmation. He was friendly, that was good, it made it easier to approach him in the future if she needed him. Feeling just a tad more confident, she raised her eyes to glance at his face, now that she had a name applicable to it. Samoset. She did not recognise it and it could only mean that she missed his introduction when she was late to the meeting. He looked the same age as her and was coloured shades far darker than her own. His looks were pleasing to the eye and it wasn't uncomfortable to gaze upon him. Allowing her smile to widen just a little, she replied, her voice gentle and soft, "Likewise. I hope what you said is true..."

Her eyes trailed off him onto the Delta as the male began to speak. She nodded respectfully as he addressed her with instructions. She could do that, take notes, what she wasn't sure she could do was hold against him. The fae sat just a little straighter as Malachai's words became sterner. She would never underestimate him, such beliefs would be an insult to both of them. As Samoset stood to face the Delta, a concerned gaze found itself on the Healer. As the two males were to begin, she uttered softly to him, "Good luck." Returning her eyes to the Delta, she directed her attention onto her task. Taking a deep breath, she willed herself to focus; what came next was something she needed to pay close attention to. 'Concentrate...'
Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2015, 11:42

The Delta was strict wight he two. Telling them what's what, but letting them experience this their own way. Negative or positive, was up to them. Once they arrived, he trotted out to a distanced space where the two could practice. Turning to face them, he set his eyes on Samoset. "Now. I will allow you the first move. Then I will follow and so on until I call for it to be over and Eirwen takes your place." Looking at the healers, he supposed that they should loosen up a little bit before they become mortified to even think about sparring the brute. "Shake yourself out, stretch. You don't need to be sore." A chuckle left his lips as he shook himself out. A smile spread across his maw at the two as he realized that they were still tense. The white male may be strict when it comes to his work, but he wanted to ensure that the two knew that they could trust him and that he was not going to kill them. Even if they got on his nerves at any point in time. "C'mon. I may be the big, bad Delta. But I can let loose. Let's learn, but have fun with it. Yeah?" He figured that if he was going to get them to learn and gain something out of this, they may as well have a positive memory to follow it by. Readying his stance, he looked to the other brute. A slight smirk, he nodded to the male. Signaling for him to begin. Patiently, the snowy male awaited what attack his comrade would put upon him.

[OOC - I'm so sorry this is so short and took so long!]
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2015, 13:29

The grey furred male smiled slightly as Eirwen raised her head a bit, her demeanor somewhat more relaxed than before. He straightened his posture up as well, his own nervousness gradually beginning to dissipate, as if he believed his own words in earnest. He hesitated, however, when the Delta faced him, explaining briefly that the healer had the first move and he would merely react to it. Samoset shifted awkwardly on his paws, his usually charming smile disconcerted and uncertain. Defending himself was one thing; in dire situations, he knew he could merely rely upon instinct in order to preserve his life, but attacking was another matter entirely. Defense did not require harm to be wrought upon one's opponent; an assailant was one who intended to cause injury through the first blow. The part was so adamantly opposed to his laid back, non confrontational nature he wasn't sure in the slightest how he was expected to perform.

The grave atmosphere weighing down on them slackened abruptly when their superior's demeanor lightened, and the edge of Samoset's maw twitched up in a minuscule smile as he advised them to stretch in order to avoid soreness. "Unfortunately, it might be inevitable for me at this point." He remarked casually as he stretched out his forelegs and shoulders, his snout low to the ground and his hackles still raised. "It's been quite a while since I did anything really physical. Oh well; It's nothing a bit of ragwort and juniper can't fix." He sighed with complacent ease as he stretched his hind legs out behind him, his body relatively loose and relaxed. His stomach still twitched with diminutive pangs of anxiety, but he faced the Delta nonetheless, his usually friendly, playful expression taking on an unusually pensive quality as he concentrated on the task at hand. Malachai's easy attitude was enough to wash away the remainder of his inhibitions, and he resolved himself to launch his attack... Whatever that happened to be. He vaguely recalled how Argo and Ama used to spar with each other, and he remembered that the brother of the pair usually began an assault by ramming into her... Somehow. He wasn't certain how that was supposed to work- perhaps it was for the purpose of throwing him off balance- but it was the first idea he had, and he assumed it was worth a shot. He took a long, deep breath before pushing off of his paws, moving to slam his forehead into the Delta's flank.

Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2015, 10:32

~ Bump for Eirwen~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 05:20

Healer Eirwen

With her gaze lowered | 'She smiles shyly' | "A soft laugh echoing"

The petite fae sat just a little straighter as her name was called, body alert with tension and nervousness. Pulling her paws in towards herself, she inhaled deeply, anxiety taking over her muscles, causing them to bunch up. She didn't like the idea of fighting, even if it was just training. Staring at the Delta, she noted that she was taller than him, but even then, she knew that she would have a hard time trying to get a hit on him, purely out of her own hesitance to hurt anyone. Taking a glance at Samoset, she licked her lips nervously before nodding at Malachai's orders. As her fellow Healer stood to face the Delta, she swallowed, eyes struggling to keep the concerned expression off her face. What would she do? How did one fight to win?

It was Samoset to have the first move and as he prepared himself, Eirwen stood up, unable to stay sitting any longer. Stretching her back muscles out of their strain, she began following Malachai's suggestion to loosen herself before their spar. Paws flexing one by more, she took meticulous care in stretching, making sure she didn't overdo it and injure herself. She knew her body well and with each extension of her limbs, she would elegantly return back to her original position. By the time she was done, Samoset had already made his first move, slamming into the Delta's haunches. She didn't know if it was a smart move or just an average one, but she took note anyway. Pacing a few steps, she walked around the two males, observing their positions. With Samoset's ram, Malachai would definitely be thrown back, but what would happen after that?

She didn't know how long their spar would go for but she did her best to think up a small plan of attack. If it could even be classified as 'attack'. Perhaps she could use her size to an advantage; such an idea would work but she lacked in strength. She wasn't sure if she could be considered as a 'speed-type' wolf, as she had never really needed to use agility, other than catching the rare hare meals. The thought of attacking at the side had come across but with the Delta keeping his eye on her, she doubted she could move quickly enough to distract him. At the failures of all of her ideas, her paws became skittish as her heart thudded heavily in her chest. What should she do?
ooc: I give you complete permission to powerplay Eirwen as you need be. For example, the start of her fight with Malachai, you can make the first move and I'll build upon it in my next post.
You can slap me silly for leaving you all just hanging like that. ORZ
Code by Eirwen; no touchie

Back to top Go down
Elite Malachai
Elite Malachai

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 23:39

Cyan eyes locked on the healer before him, the Delta watched as he barreled his body towards him. No defense. Just a simple attack to faze an opponent with his large size. Jumping to the side, Malachai attempted to shove Samoset in the side as he charged his way in his direction. He let his neck lead his cranium towards the healer's heels. Trying to nip at them, he twisted around to face the brute. "Sam! Always have some sort of defense! Ears flat, tail tucked! You don't want to have a chunk of either of those missing in a battle, bud." It was his move. "Eirwen, watch carefully." His voice was smooth, but emphasized his last word. Lurking forward towards the healer, the Delta male circled him like a vulture. Going for the attack, the snowy male shifted his stance and ran towards the brute's legs. Nipping a little harder towards the right elbow, he didn't want to injure Samoset, but wanted him to learn how to defend himself. Sidewinding to the left side, Malachai nipped at the hind and flank of the darker brute. He was not going to leave puncture wounds on the male, as that was not needed for him to do so. "I will not bite unless allowed by you. You may bite me, as this is your training at the moment, not mine. Do as much damage as you possibly can without causing death." He nodded as he spoke, twisting around Samoset's body to try and slither his way back to behind the massive wolf.

Last edited by Delta Malachai on February 14th 2016, 12:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Healer Samoset
Healer Samoset

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2016, 12:44

The male stumbled somewhat as the delta nimbly jumped aside, his paws scrabbling frantically at the dirt as he futilly attempted to skid to a halt. He barely had a moment to steady himself before he felt the click of teeth at his heels, and he jumped away with a sharp grunt of surprise, his usually easy, confident expression riddled with confounded bewilderment. The "attack" hadn't really hurt- he'd stumbled through a tangle of bracken while searching for herbs that dealt worse damage- it had merely surprised him.

He nodded frantically in acceptance of his superior's advice, a bit of nervousness churning through his stomach in dizzying periods. He cast a quick glance at Eirwen out of the corner of his eye, and he could tell from her tense expression that she was likely just as lost as he was. Yes, he would certainly consider it a personal travestry if he lost his ears or tail- the burn on his leg ruined his appearance enough already- but both were certainly more expendable than his life. Every instinct he had was screaming for him to run away, like he usually did when confronted with a violent conflict, like he had when he abandoned his family to his destined fate. He wasn't a warrior, by any means, and as the delta darted about him, he couldn't help but recall Argo taunting him in their youth, mocking his reluctance to succumb to his hostile intention of fighting and shoving him down when he suggested something else.

His breath grew ragged for a moment as he vainly attempted to avoid Malachai's nip to his elbow, and his light brown gaze narrowed in pensive concentration at his unexpected commands. He... wants me to hurt him. He wasn't really certain he was even capable of fulfilling such a request, or why such a task was asked of him. Still, he forced down his inhibitions, trying his best to make his fur lie flat as he took a short, steadying breath. Magnus and Chiara wanted pack members who were versatile, and if he couldn't even fend off Malachai in a spar, what would happen if he was faced with someone bigger, if he was cornered? What would happen if he couldn't talk or run his way out of it? He thought about death often enough, and how if his demise was what fate decided, than he'd accept it, but when he really confronted himself with the notion, he was terrified. He didn't want to die, even when his family was all he had to live for. He didn't want to die, even when he had nothing to live for. He didn't want to die, even if it meant rejecting his desire not to cause harm.

Fleeing was not an option, and it wouldn't always be one, no matter what he told himself. And so, this was his last resort, his final inclination in a fight; the inexplicable, cowardly desire to avoid death at any cost. It was this thought that ultimately motivated him to snap at Malachai's flank as he attempted to slide past him, his teeth bared to sink into flesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malachai, Samoset, & Eirwen | Training [Mandatory]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1