Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Hunter Abyss
Hunter Abyss

Wolf Information
Purchases:

It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2016, 22:36

Having finally found her way around the territory, Abyss padded into what must be the pack clearing. She was unsure whether to be impressed or not. On one hand (paw?), it was a large, open space - naturally the reason for it being called a clearing. Her ear twitched; glad she wasn't speaking out loud right now. On the other, it wasn't as grand as she'd imagined. It was a mostly circular space, fringed with dens, and adorned with a kill pile. Her head swayed from right to left as she took in the views, ahem, the modest views.

The area smelt strongly of...what was this? Communion? Unity? As it stood, the pack certainly didn't disappoint. She knew she still carried the smell of a lonesome living on her thick pelt, and she wondered what exactly it scented like. Bending her head to lick and idly chew on some chest fur under the pretense of an itchy spot, she took a whiff of herself. The fur smelt of fresh, wet earth and windswept forests. She closed her amber eyes, descending in the myriad of chaos. Memories, thoughts. Her head was certainly a crowded area. Snapping back to reality, she raised her head, squinting at the light filtering through the dappled leaves, mottling the ground with blazing spots of radiant luminescence.

Summer was around the corner, if not already descending on the lands, and her primarily dark pelt was such a bother. Already, standing still, she was heating up underneath her thick overcoat. Shaking her fur to loosen and get rid of whatever air and heat she could, she ventured forward into the clearing. The weather was quite...enjoyable, pleasant even, and she doubted she'd need a den to dwell in. An enclosed area was bound to be stifling hot. At least the nights would offer some respite. While she wasn't particularly hungry, a full belly of meat would make her feel warmer than ever. This was terrible! Growing irritated from the heat, she paced about, wondering what to do.

Last edited by Hunter Abyss on June 10th 2016, 23:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is what happens when I don't proof-read)
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Levi
Apprentice Levi

Wolf Information
Purchases: None

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2016, 23:09

Things had gone south since the death of Quinn and Rose, as well as his own brother. It was almost as if a dark cloud had settled upon Helidos, claiming the sadness of each of them. Levi's life had been flipped upside-down. His mother was slowly going insane while his father was hardly ever around anymore due to helping the new alpha, Sitka, keep things in order with Azul. His heart ached for his parents' touch. For them to hold him between their larger bodies just to remind him that he was loved and wanted. Kida was the only one he really had within Helidos anymore, and even she was out of character. Everyone seemed to be in a constant gloom or an infuriating rage. It was hard to get around anymore as everyone was almost constantly moping around or out doing their jobs. As Levi had not been appointed a mentor, he had been left to train on his own, which ultimately was not the easiest of things. No litters were born in the spring, which sadly left Kida and Levi to wander through the pack as the youngest members. He was now a year old, and was growing closer to graduating to his official position within the pack. He hoped that his mother and father would be there to see him make such a big leap in his life, but at the rate of deterioration of the both of them, he was not entirely confident. After losing Thane, things were hard. After the war, it went downhill quickly. He hoped that someway, somehow, Thane or another spiritual being would give him a sign of what to do and how to progress. How could he stay here if he lost his mother and father? But how could he leave Kida to fend for herself? All these thoughts worried the young male as he paced within the pack clearing. As he looked up from the dusty floors of the area, he noticed a new wolf. One he had not seen before. She seemed either to be confused or frustrated. Wishing to get his mind off of the negative family things in his life, Levi put on his happy face and bounded over to the fae. "Hello! I'm Levi. Eldest son of Elite Nnyla and Guardian Drogo. Are you new here?" He cocked his head to the side as he seated himself directly in front of the fae. Hopefully he didn't startle her, but he had to upkeep his happy reputation even when he felt low. Happiness was always the key to a better life,and he was trying to find it for himself and his sister.
Back to top Go down
Hunter Abyss
Hunter Abyss

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2016, 00:18

(Heyyo! Thank you for joining this thread!~ ^^)

Lethargy hung heavy in the air. Or was it something else? Could it perhaps be sorrow? Well, who didn't take a fall now and then? One might equate Abyss' lack of empathy towards her lack of emotional attachment to the deceased. It was unfortunate to know that the pack had suffered losses, especially as they seemed to be quite a good bunch. Lost in her thoughts, the female padded in erratic patterns. Of course, these were all assumptions; what would she know of the history of this pack?

She was suddenly confronted by an excited member, who at first glance appeared to be a pup. However, first impressions were immediately cast aside as she took a better look - which wasn't hard, as the male had seated himself almost nose-to-nose with her. Startled, she took a step back, and lifted her paw for another, but paused; did it look like she was backing away? She had covered sufficient distance to initiate polite conversation, and hesitantly lingered, unsure of how to proceed. Thankfully, the yearling did it for her, by enthusiastically asking if she was new. He seemed happy enough, hence so much for the sadness conclusion. Or perhaps the young one was simply putting on a facade - it took courage to keep smiling in the face of misery and distress. Was that dismay that washed over her? Did it agonize her that the younger brute had the courage to do what she couldn't?

She gave herself a little shake; he was a member of the pack, born to high ranking parents, it seemed. He deserved respect, young though he may be. He'd been kind enough to come talk to and greet her. Not to mention he was openly curious; in many ways, he reminded her of herself. She chuckled - already thinking like an old wolf. "Hello, Levi," She carefully ventured, smiling, anxious to make friends, "I'm Abyss. Yes, I'm new here," She nodded, to emphasize her point, but quickly found his ecstasy to be contagious - she found her grin widening, and her tail wagged slightly to convey friendly intentions.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Teeku
Warrior Teeku

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Size 89cm

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2016, 07:36

" Life isn't fair."

Twisting and turning, Teeku tried to get comfortable. Even down in the depths of his den however, the heat was nearly unbearable. His light pelt wasn't enough to keep the heat at bay. It wormed its way into his fur, causing him to wriggle with discomfort. Burying his face against the cool dirt, Teeku lets out a huff. He hadn't the faintest idea what time of day it was. Deciding he wasn't going to get anymore sleep, he shoves himself to his paws. Shaking bits of dirt from his dark pelt, he exits his den. His long narrow maw, the first thing to exit his sleeping quarters. He finds himself near feet away from a pair of wolves. One he recognized from pack meetings, a pup. The other however was a complete stranger to him. She smelled of distant lands, suggesting she was new.

Head tilting some, Teeku hesitates. He hadn't been very social of late. Rose's death, his nightmares and some bad luck had made him rather irritable. Today was a new day though and his curiosity couldn't help but override his objections. Perhaps he could be of help, she was new. So the warrior set his gangly form forward. Approaching the pair, he slowed his deep amber eyes flickering over them. His long tail sweeping his limbs in a friendly gesture. It felt good to wag his tail. He'd been so caught up in his grief and lack of sleep he'd stopped doing such simple things. " Hello." He says, coming to a halt a respectable distance from the pair. His eyes roaming over them, his head dipping in a polite manner. " I'm Teeku." He introduces himself to the fae and to the brute. Having never formerly met him before. " I've seen you around camp." He adds nodding to Levi. " But your fur holds the smells of distant places..." he comments, his deep amber eyes remaining friendly towards the fae. " Welcome to Helidos..." He murmurs, remembering those exact words being said to him by Alphess Rose. He held back a sigh. I wish you were here... he thought.[/

Table and Image by Sieglinde; do not touch

Back to top Go down
Thunder of Helidos
Thunder of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2016, 14:10

The brute had started sleeping just outside his den. It was nice, considering there was a sizable overhang over it, but the heat, despite the shade, had gotten trapped inside. The ground could only stay cool for so long in this heat. Thunder had nestled himself among some tall grass at the edge of the clearing, effectively keeping the sun from hitting his creamy pelt. He sighed softly, happy enough despite the heat. I'll hunt tonight. The male decided. Blue eyes opened slightly as a familiar scent washed over him. It was Abyss, the fae he had accepted....and two more scents drifted to his nose as well. One was....well one was more familiar than the other, but he couldn't recall who either of them were. The trio, although not visible to the aging brute due to the tall grass, had started chatting.

Thunder rose to his paws, albeit slowly. Sometimes he could feel his joints stiffen up in the mornings, and he wasn't quite as swift as he used to be. I'm not that old! He thought as he moved through the tall stalks of grass. He emerged from the greenery and swung his head to look at the small group. The unknown scent was that of one of the remaining apprentices. He was the son of Elite Nnlya and Guardian Drogo. Thunder had overheard him introduce himself as Levi. He could also match a name with the familiar dark wolf who had been seen on multiple occasions. The brute called himself Teeku. He approached at a leisurely walk until he reached the small group. "Greetings packmates! My name is Thunder." He rumbled with a polite dip of his head to each wolf. "I see you are meeting some of the others, Abyss. I hope you are navigating the pack lands alright." The brute said with a smile. He glanced at the others with friendly blue eyes. "Pleasure to meet you all. I figured it was too hot to hunt this afternoon, so I decided to stay in the shade for the day."

(Yay! Helidos party! Also, now the order is Abyss, Teeku, Thunder, Levi, then repeat. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Warrior Alexander
Warrior Alexander

Wolf Information
Purchases: Doppelgänger

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2016, 19:43

Heavy paws thundered against the grassy plains as emerald eyes excitedly scanned the grounds before him, a thirst for adventure seemed to consume him today. Making the brute forget about the hot steaming weather which usually would've caused him to become very irritated, today was different though. Having cleared most of the Helido's territory in record time, Alexander believed it was time that he met some of his other packmates that resided within the lands. Swerving and swiveling through the wide creases between the tree lines the young warrior bounded towards the one place he had yet to familirize himself with; the pack clearing. A sudden wave of anxiety seemed to consume him was the thick scent of other wolves wafted throughout the air filling the young brutes nostrils, the scent seemed almost foreign to the male however he knew that it twas the scent of other Helido's wolves. Inhaling sharply the tri-colored canine pushed out of the tree lines presenting himself to all those around, a broad smile taking up most of his maw. Emerald eyes flickered between each member of the crowd, finding purchase on a particularly entrancing male. Tantalizing thoughts become to dance within his mind as the arrogant orphan stepped forwards revealing himself from the tree confidents. A sudden boost of confidence rattled the young warrior's bones "Greetings." he barked excitedly, not doing a thing to mask the slightly mischievous tone within his voice. Settling his rump onto the forests floor, emerald eyes peeked over towards the younger pup present offering a gentle smile before proceeding with his introduction. "I'm Warrior Alexander, and I'm at your service." shifting a bit in his spot the younger brute turned towards the others with a bright smile. Having only caught half of the introduction, he wasn't quiet sure whether or not he would get each and everyone of there names correct. Twas true that the young male had quiet a mind, but he wasn't very good with names. "I'm fairly new to the territories, I was accepted at the borders by Alpha Sitka. I don't recognize many of your faces,but it's nice to finally meet all of you." there it was, the rambles. Alexander was never very good at keeping his mouth shut either, it was somewhat like a pet peeve to him. He couldn't be quiet even if he were at the brink of death itself. Where he found his input somewhat useful, others just found it down right annoying. He always stated his opinions, and often caused trouble by doing so. Hopefully, this would be it. This would be his new start, and perhaps he could gain a few friends from this. If only he could keep his muzzle shut that was.

[*waves* Hello, Hi. Got room for one more? This post is rubbish but I tried my best in my pained state.]
Back to top Go down
Thunder of Helidos
Thunder of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2016, 17:55

*bump for Levi*
Back to top Go down
Warrior Teeku
Warrior Teeku

Wolf Information
Purchases: Large Size 89cm

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 07:11

- Lets keep this going, Levi's turn!-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It takes more than meets the eye [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1