Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dog Days of Summer (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

Dog Days of Summer (open) Empty
PostSubject: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2016, 09:23

Her young were gone. Her newest pair has left her months prior to live with their father and her remaining two seemed less and less prevalent. Soon Oltulysa found herself lonely once more, longing not only to care for someone, but for companionship. When she was younger she thought having pups would fill the void in her heart, but now as she was nearing five years in age she felt the constant attention of a male would suit her better. She liked males a lot, her latest suitor certainly outshining the previous, but she didn't feel that "spark." Sighing the rogue trotted out into the grassy field on the ridge. Easily seeing a hare in the distance her legs bunched and she leapt at it. Running a short distance her prey soon met her jaws as she made short work of the rabbit. Blood dripped from her maw and she licked at it as the running stream of thoughts still occupied her mind. Her jaws crunched on bones and she took to tossing a long severed ear in the air and catching it for sport. Starting to enjoy herself she ignored her surroundings and played her bloody game of catch, alone.
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Akira
Apprentice Akira

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2016, 09:31

Akira rested in the clearing when once again, the sensation for adventure overcame her. She was overall a young and shy fae, but when it came to being shy, she found herself all alone with nothing to do. And when a young pup like her gets bored, she starts to see a mischievous side of herself. Akira stood up slowly, hoping to not bring attention to herself and then looked around to make sure nobody noticed her as she carefully and quietly made her way to the entrance of the camp. As the blonde she-wolf slipped out of camp she wandered carefully until she came to the border once again. This time instead of heading towards Moonshine Beach she wandered the other direction until sure enough, the familiar scent of the Rogue Lands came to her. Akira, full of excitement, started to run forward. Following her paws as she watched for her mother. Looking around until the scent of blood came to her nose. She slowed down and quietly stalked towards the scent. Knowing that where there was blood, somebody would have to be in the same area. Whether it was a wolf or a predator. She would figure out either way. As she watched the land in front of her intently, she entered an area where a wolf she recognized well tossed an rabbit ear into the air. The Rogue wolf that she knew as her mother was having a little fun. And Akira couldn't contain her excitement. "Mother!" she shouted with excitement as her tail wagged back and forth quickly. "I am soooo glad I finally found you! I missed you so much," the young pup stepped towards her mother happily as she wondered what her mother had done without the pups there. Akira tilted her held to the side and questioned her mother, "Did you miss me too, mother?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2016, 08:38

The familiar scent of her daughter filled her nose right before her form scooted into her gaze. Thinking quick Oltulysa appeared quite shocked at first and gasped in surprise. "Oh my I thought you were a strong pack wolf from your scent my darling" she cooed, wrapping her head around Akira's neck and pulling her close. Breathing in her scent she indeed did smell like the pack Killian had spoke of, but her faint smell of the rogue lands still clung rebelliously to her fur. "Of course I missed you my darling, but what are you doing out here? Your father will be worried as will your brother and you don't want your new pack to be angered by your disappearance." She warned peering up from the hug to look around from any wolves tracking her. When she saw none the rogue shoved some of the rabbit meat over to her daughter.

"So tell me of your new pack Akira, do you like it?" She questioned, unsure what to converse with her about. She was ignorant to pack life in that she only knew of their intolerance to anyone different. Glad they had accepted her so far softened her to their values a bit, perhaps this pack was different?
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Akira
Apprentice Akira

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2016, 10:26

Akira smiled at her mother as she seemed to be shocked by Akira's appearance. Akira felt pride when her mother made her first comment towards Akira and embraced her mother back. Happy that she was not upset that Akira snuck out of the pack. "I don't know, something inside me just doesn't want to have to be stuck in the pack lands. There are plenty of places to explore in them, but the fact that the pack owns them and that I have no chance of finding the wolves I want to be with in them, it takes away the fun. Plus, I don't think these pack wolves have really noticed me in the pack so how would they notice that I am gone?" she didn't see any true flaw in her statement at all. And when her mother pushed some rabbit to her she looked up to her with pure love and happiness. Lowering her head to take a bite, the meat nice and fresh. After taking a couple bites she looked back to her mother, "Thank you, mother." she shrugged her shoulders as Oltulysa asked about the pack. "It is alright, there isn't much going on in it. I just can't understand how wolves can be so kind and obedient to other wolves that they barely know just because they belong to the same pack. I don't know what to think of them yet, nobody has been mean to me yet though, so I guess it isn't too bad. Just boring." she chuckled with a rebellious look in her eyes at her last two words. She didn't like having to be held down by rules and told what to do by wolves who weren't her parents.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 05:39

The fae frowned as her daughter spoke of her resistance to pack life. Slightly unsure how to reassure her the rogue sighed and tried her best. "I know it must seem hard now, but I'm sure you'll make friends there soon. Out here in the rouge lands there are too many dangers for young pups, what with bears, coyotes and cougars. I lost too many of your siblings last year to want that pain again. I want you to be safe with your brother and father, the pack will protect you." She said, nuzzling her daughter. "You know you can always come and see me, but perhaps you could ask Killian to take you hunting or something to ease your desire to travel. I know first hand how great he is at it. I think there are other job in a pack too. I'm guessing fighting is one and I think I remember hearing about wolves who heal others with plants, perhaps you could do that?" She offered, trying to encourage Akira to want to stay in the pack. "You know you always have a home with me dear, but for now until you're older I think the best place for you is with your pack."

Oltulysa bent down and finished eating her rabbit leg as her daughter continued to speak. "Are there any other pups your age in the pack?" She questioned. "If not maybe you could meet some out here in the neutrals, the other packs are bound to have young around. I know your older siblings aren't around much to play with, but Blaze can be anything but boring."
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Akira
Apprentice Akira

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2016, 18:40

Akira lowered her head. She was smart enough to know what dangers lurked in the Rogue lands. Yet she still made the decision to leave. But it was out of the love for her mother, she missed her and was happy to see her. And too be honest she expected a bit of a lecture. But her mother wouldn't really understand the pack life, especially since she was a Rogue. She doesn't belong to a pack, even if it was safer her mother liked her life as far as Akira knows. But one thing she mentioned that caught her attention was what she said about her other pups. Akira's other siblings. Her ears perked up as she looked back up to Oltulysa. She listened as her mother continued to speak. Talking about the roles in the pack and what she could do instead of going into the Rogue lands. "I have other siblings... Who... who are they?" she questioned curiously at the sudden realization that maybe she did have other things to do. Like being with her mother, AND siblings. As she waited for her to finish eating her rabbit leg and then she questioned her. "No. Me and Blaze are the only two pups. I think you are right about the other stuff though. I am interested in hunting maybe. Just like Father, and I have an idea of who I want to ask to be my mentor in that... but if he says no then I will have Father teach me. After all, he probably has better stuff to do." she said with a smile on her maw. Just the thought of being a good hunter like her father made her proud and excited.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Lynx
Rogue Lynx

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2016, 10:06

Things had been boring lately, very boring. There was no excitement from the neighboring packs and the Rogue Lands just felt so empty. Lynx spent the hot summer days simply wandering the neutrals in hopes of finding someone to mess with although these days she was rarely successful, most seemed to lack the motivation to bother traveling to the neutrals in such heat and remained hidden in their pack's territories. She'd been hoping to find some of this year's new pups to mess around with but they all seemed to still be tucked away within the safety of their pack's territories. What a shame. She was currently trotting through the rogue lands, tracking a rabbit that was hopping about, unaware that it was being stalked for the time being. However Lynx's mind was only partially fixed on her target and her careless stroll led to her stepping on a dry twig that snapped right under her ashen paw and caused the hare to realize it was not alone and bolt in the opposite direction. Cursing to herself, Lynx merely flopped back onto her haunches, not bothered to give chase. She was lithe and agile but she had nothing on a hare, anyway it was hot and she wasn't even hungry. She'd simply wanted to maybe toy with it a little, play a few games....Her salmon tongue would slip out from her maw and run itself thoughtfully over teeth stained bloody from her last kill. Boredom nagged at her mind and with a frustrated growl she lashed out a paw at a nearby flowering plant and watched with some satisfaction as the petals fell to the ground. She had just pushed herself to her paws, long legs turning in a circle to go seek the neutral lands where she might find someone out braving the heat when a breeze carried the familiar tang of freshly spilt blood to her.

She was quick to spin back around, emerald gaze scanning the area almost giddily. It came from the direction in which her hare had bolted...it must have ran right into the paws of another wolf oh my! With a soft giggle, the fae would trot forward until she'd reached the treeline and was gazing out across a barren landscape. However the sight that met her searching eyes made disappointment and irritation churn in the pit of her stomach. It was simply her poor lonely fool of a mother and an angered huff escaped her as she turned to retreat into the shade of the trees. She wanted no business with the wolf who'd given birth to her, she was a fool and one who refused to give up the name of the male who was her father. A soft growl of frustration slipped from her, it was her most hated thing on earth, not knowing important information and despite all she tried no one had any idea as to who could've possibly been her father. However it was just as she was turning that something caught her attention and she whipped back around as quick as a snake. Her gaze narrowed against the sunlight and a wide grin became visible on her features, her previous scowl vanishing as quick as it had come on. A pup was wandering the Rogue Lands! What a mistake was that. She watched eagerly from the cover of the trees as the young wolf bounded up to her mother in an affectionate manner. Lynx's lip curled slightly in disgust...she couldn't believe it, had her mother done it again? Slept with some brute and had given birth to yet another litter. Her gaze narrowed scornfully but she could not ignore the spark of interest upon watching this pup who was most likely related to her. Without thinking she stepped forward and began to stroll down from her spot, voices beginning to float across the breeze to her.

She was coming from behind the young fae, facing her mother as the two shared the hare she'd been stalking. She was small and light coloured, a pretty little thing and Lynx grinned hugely as she caught the last words of the apprentice. So she didn't know Lynx existed and she was a pack wolf..and she knew who her father was. She ignored the spark of anger that flared up at this fact and strolled forward until she stood at the side of the fae. "Indeed you do!" She exclaimed cheerfully in answer to her question about having siblings. Her long tail flicked from side to side as she circled the pup quickly before leaning back on her haunches and resting her glittering emerald gaze on the youngster. "I see you've been at it again mother....except these ones get to know who their father is. You hide your favoritism pretty poorly" She sneered out the words, eyes now fixed on the adult and making no effort to conceal her hatred. However once her gaze had shifted back to the wolf who she supposed was a half sister, her features once again melted into a cheerful brightness. "Pleasure to meet you, the name's Lynx. You have another brother hm what's his name again...ah Conláed that's it, haven't seem him in a while....the rest are dead I suppose?" She inquired it innocently enough, glancing quickly in her mother's direction before fixing her pressing gaze back on the other. "And what's your name little pack pup?" She tilted her head to the side, still grinning hugely yet her gaze danced with longings that could be nothing but dark as she watched the innocent creature before her finally meet her big sister.

Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2016, 08:02

Amidst the snuggling with her daughter her questions again rang out and the rogue opened her one good eye in shock. Because of the turmoil to put the pair in their father's pack she had completely forgotten to introduce her brood to her older children. Scolding herself silently she made a move to remove herself from her embrace and explain herself. "Well you see Akira last year I had another litter by a rogue male. From him I had originally five, but sadly only two remain now. I had a mind to introduce you, but then everything happened with Killian bringing you home and it got pushed out of my mind in the confusion." She explained, soon greeted by her eldest daughter to back up this statement.

Lynx and her had an interesting relationship to say the least. Oltulysa loved her greatly, but her rebellious ways of disrespect irritated her to no end. Turning to face the darker fae she gave her a stern look. "Lynx I hold no favorites among my children, you are foolish to think I do. As for knowing their father it is true, but only because HE wanted to be a part of their lives." She barked at her, annoyed that again and again she got the butt of her anger. "I've told you before your father left me to start his own pack and wanted nothing to do with me or you and your brother. I don't even know if he's still alive out there, only that he left as soon as he could get away." She growled, warning Lynx to hold her tongue. She was unsure if she had ever mentioned the male leaving to become an alpha, but either way he was gone and wanted nothing to do with his "little mistakes" that she was blessed with now. She turned back to Akira and smiled at her, "This is your elder sister Akira, she is an excellent hunter who learned very quickly." She complemented bending down to pick up the last rabbit leg and tossed it to Lynx. "Your brother Conlaed is even more reclusive, but I do still see him from time to time."
Back to top Go down
Apprentice Akira
Apprentice Akira

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2016, 10:27

It wasn't long after Akira had questioned her siblings until there was a reply. And it wasn't from who she expected, another wolf was by her side and it made her jump a little. It was very unexpected, and it only took a second to realize that this was her sibling. Akira quickly turned to see the wolf beside her, she was black with white on her face. She seemed to be the complete opposite of Akira, which made her wonder who Lynx's father was. Soon learning the story of why she looked so different. Her sister's father had no wish to see the pups and instead owned a pack. Akira thought deeply of the packs and what she learned about them. Her mind racing as she tried to figure out the father, she doubted that he was from her pack. Since that would be a bit awkward and weird since her Alpha's were mates. That left only three packs, and Akira knew full well that Erenyx and Helidos were created a while ago, so she finally determined which pack he belonged too. She kept the information to herself as she looked back and forth between her mother and sister. There was obviously tension between the two, yet they both still acted kind to Akira. So she just smiled and introduced herself to her sister. "Well, I am Akira. Apprentice in Pyrvanthros. It is nice to meet you too," she spoke to her sibling kindly. She only wondered why her and her mother had such a strange relationship. Maybe it was over not being told of their father, or maybe there was another reason. But for now, Akira ran out of words to speak to either one.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Lynx
Rogue Lynx

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2016, 03:49

She had let herself fall into a sitting position, muscles as relaxed as usual however her tail continued to flick restlessly and her emerald gaze was narrowed as it rested on the Rogue that had mothered her. At the first words that left her mouth about Lynx being a fool for thinking she had favorites and all the stupid excuses about their father Lynx merely snorted, eyes glittering scornfully. However she felt a twinge of satisfaction in the pit of her stomach at the sight of her mother feeling yet again frustrated at her. "Oh please, I never even visit you I have no interest in your motherly affections, I'd be worried if you cared about me as much as your new dear pack pups for I haven't given you any reason to love me."  And it was true, of course others seemed to feel an instinctive attachment to those who shared blood with them but Lynx believed in no such thing. She didn't care that this wolf was her mother the same way she hadn't cared about her siblings anymore than any other pup her age. She would care for those who deserved it and so far no one had met that mark. "Anyway, wether you care about me or not means little to me but let me tell you now. I have all rights to know who my father is, he has no rights to mess around with you and have a litter of pups and just say he has no part in it! He is expected to as much as you and even though you can't force him to care for us, not that I would care much anyway, I deserve to know his name. I want to know what brute fathered me and I have full rights to know!" She snarled out the last words angrily, on her paws now and lashing her tail furiously. Lynx had a short temper and when it broke she had the tendency to break things, and by things she didn't usually mean sticks or the like. Let's just say she ended up with blood on her paws that wasn't hers when she was pissed off.

However her mother's next sentence caused the blinding rage to fall away as quick as it came and burning curiosity took its place in seconds. Her mother had let something slip. She sat back down and smiled with an almost dangerous sweetness at the faes before her as her mind ticked away. Her father was an alpha. But she said started a pack which meant he was an original alpha. There was four packs around her and although she did not know everything about them she knew Erenyx and Helidos were very old packs that had been around for a long time. Then that left the newer packs, Agavos and Pyrvanthros. But Pyrvanthros had been created only recently although she didn't say when he'd created it...Agavos had been created around the time of her birth so it sounded more likely but both packs were worth looking into. She kept her mouth shut, refusing to let the fact that she'd caught on to her mother's little slip up even show and continued to smile away as her mother went on to switch the subject back to her and her sister. Her piercing gaze switched itself onto the small pup. The only acknowledgement she gave to hearing the compliment her mother spoke was a twitch of her ears. Lynx loved hunting and she knew she was good at it, she loved the power she had over prey. The absolute terror that practically radiated from the smaller beings as they met their faith. She glanced down at the leg of rabbit her mother tossed at her and wrinkled her nose in contempt. "I'm not hungry." Was all she muttered before turning back to the smaller pup. She did flick her ears in her mother's direction as she mentioned Conlaed and chuckled softly. "So he's still about, haven't seen that fool in quite the while." She then tilted her head as the pup finally spoke up, introducing herself as Akira an apprentice of Pyrvanthros.

She grinned. "So what rank you hoping for? I believe there's the warriors that fight, the hunters that hunt, the healers that heal and that silly one with the ridiculous name that cares for pups." She tilted her head to the side, amusement dancing across her features. Personally I think it is all rather silly, I much prefer being able to do whichever I please giving the moment." She continued on conversationally as she stretched out, letting the sun warm her tired muscles. It was nice here, despite the lack of cover the breeze that blew strongly across the open land kept her from overheating yet the sun still left her feeling pleasantly fuzzy.

Back to top Go down
Rogue Oltulysa
Rogue Oltulysa

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2016, 18:17

At first the fae thought about disciplining her aging daughter, to put her in her place. She thought on this and let the thought slide, knowing her deep affections for her, though they didn't seem mutual, to over take her. Oltulysa could be accused of coddling the yearling, but she desperately wanted her affection and feelings of love returned to her she didn't mind being snapped at. "Like it or not Lynx I do love you and always will. Why you ever decided that I deserve this sort of harsh treatment I'll never understand, but I am your mother and you are stuck with me." She said a bit snarky.

"You are also right that you have the right to knowing your father or rather sire. Forgive me for waiting so long to speak to you about this, but I felt it would protect you from heartbreak. The male in question made it abundantly clear he wanted no part of your litter and I see now my decision to accept him has done nothing but cause pain to you and your brother. Perhaps I thought that by hiding his identity it would save you from seeking him out and being pushed away, for to cause pain on you hurts me as well." She explained, glancing down at her feet. She then sighed and straightened up to look at her older daughter seriously. "Your father is a massive brute who left us to form a new pack not far from here. He was a heavy built male who excelled in hunting and decided to give up the rogue life to lead his own pack. His name is...." She paused, bit her tongue before glancing again at her feet in hesitation.

"Desmond."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days of Summer (open) Dog Days of Summer (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog Days of Summer (open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1