Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We must stand tall, as we tumble

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2013, 12:25

In Alanoth's quiet observation, Fel seemed to appreciate this pack deeply. Perhaps her home situation had been worse than she had already described, so the Helidos pack was a blessed escape from the old life. Whatever her reasons, they were her own, so Alanoth would not pry. Besides, he knew from personal experience what happens when a fae warrior gets angry over missaid words. It was never pleasant for one thing, and he had no desire to repeat the experience.

Her question made him flinch for some reason, and he instinctively let his tail drag the ground and his head turned away from her. Old habits die hard, some never go away truly. "No...the pup of an Omega was never allowed to mate...it was too much of a risk that they may end up as runts, much like my brothers and sisters...I have never had anyone to call my own, if that is what you are asking." He knew she had asked it out of curiosity, based on her tone, but it still hurt him deeply to remember. To think that he had had siblings, but would never meet them because of a cruel purity tradition.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information
Purchases: Extra Large Wolf: 93 cm

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2013, 03:10

Fel saw the male flinch and shut her blue eyes. After listening to his pained words, she understood. If they were runts and that was unacceptable in his home pack, then they certainly did not survive the pack’s selection. Sadness and regret washed over her. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have ventured there… If it helps, my siblings didn’t survive either, they were born as short-furs in the cold months. My thick pelt is why I lived while they didn’t. And no male had ever wanted me because I was either the alpha’s daughter or some exiled loner. I can’t say that anyone had interested me back then either though. I was too focused on my ambitions. Funny how you can fall down the cliff after one mistake.” She spoke steadily, her voice only hinted at depression. Fortunately, she was a fairly strong fae, and could deal with her own history, but it still stung to think of how her father had banished her and stripped her of her name.

The onyx-colored fae looked to Alanoth and stretched her neck to press her muzzle into his scruff in comfort. She hadn’t meant to instigate pain in his memories. However, the gesture seemed to have an effect on her as well, her nose canals filling to the brim with his sweet scent. After a moment it occurred to her: what did she have to lose? In a little flirtatious way that was never seen in her before, she gently swiped her tongue over his neck fur before withdrawing her head and returning her watchful gaze to the sunset. Even if the male didn’t take interest in her, the worst he could do is just say so. Not that it would hurt Fel anyway. With a smile, she allowed her thoughts to drift to her warrior duties.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 16:02

Alanoth still was too pained to look up, but he did appreciate what she said. As she spoke of her own pains, he felt relieved to know that someone else could sympathize with him. IT made him feel a lot less alone than he really was, though he still couldn't quite look up. What made him look up, was her actions, rather than her words.

HE had to blink several times to make sure he was coherent. Had he actually felt her muzzle against his neck? No, it must have been some memory of his mother...but it felt so real. Then came the lick, and he was sure it had been real. He looked up just as she smiled and looked away, and he stared at her in amazement. Had she just flirted with him? If she had simply been kind, then how was he to respond? If it had been flirtation, what should he do now? So many thoguhts whirled through his head, and he had no way to control them. "Fel..." He muttered aloud, just staring at her in confusion.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 11:21

Fel had always heard faes describe how their hearts leapt out of their chests and their stomach filled with wild butterflies when they nosed a brute they liked, let alone licked him. But she felt no such thing. In fact, the raven warrior felt a soothing wave of warm calm wash through her, and this was quite surprising since she had no clue how Alanoth would react to her little actions. She definitely felt his astonished amber gaze bore into her, but simply kept looking at the setting sun with a relaxed smile. It was her decision, and how to reply would be his.

At the sound of her name, she swept her pale sapphire gaze to meet his. Amusement flickered in her blue irises. The surprised stupor he was in seemed funny to her, but she wasn’t sure how she could’ve been more straight-forward while keeping her usual subtlety about her. With a smile still adorning her muzzle, she answered, “Yes?” Her voice was smooth, as usual, but the curled corners of her lips resonated in the single word. She had no fear of rejection. If he wanted nothing to do with her, she knew she could simply shrug and walk away. Had he some feelings for her, Fel had just given him a wonderful chance to show it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 16:40

He had stared at her to be sure he had interpreted her action correctly, he didn't want to offend her. From the look in her pale, almost silvery eyes, he could tell he had in fact discovered what she meant. She had feelings for him? An actual fae had feelings for him, the outcast? But what could possibly make her feel that way towards him? Was it his politeness? Was it the fact he hadn't been assertive at all? So many questions flew through his mind, he almost missed his cue to respond.

He wasn't sure if this was correct, but he took one step close to Fel. After making eye contact to be sure it was okay, he leaned forward and nuzzled her neck, in a similar fashion as she had, and took in her scent gently. It was sweet, and intoxicating, and he only nuzzled into her fur more, making his way up along her neck towards her own muzzle. His tongue gently stretched forth and showed his feelings of great affection by lightly and slowly licking the side of her muzzle. Whether she would approve or not could not be determined ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 13:32

Despite the pleased shock that jolted through her body like electricity down a wire, the warrior closed her eyes in sweet bliss at the cold nose that ran through her fur. If she could have blushed under her onyx pelt, she would have done so at this point. As his muzzle slid up to hers, she expected him to pull away, but her eyelids flew open when he gave a lick along the side of her maw instead. A feeling of warmth pulsed through her, heating the blood that coursed through her veins and into her cold, block of ice that stood where her heart used to.

As the sun rolled farther away from the blood-bathed sky, blue jewels looked deep into those that were amber. With a calm, toxic voice the fae asked, “So, it’s mutual then?” She purposely used a short phrase, for there was obviously no need for a long one to get the message across. Confidence seemed to radiate from her in waves since she was almost positive now that there was a good chance with Alanoth. In the eyes of some, it might have appeared frivolous to even bother asking. However, Fel just wanted to hear it come from his mouth in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2013, 16:45

Alanoth had never before been in something like this, so he based off of instinct. Well, that and partially copying what Fel herself had done. He hoped that she knew more than she claimed about romance, because he had no clue. The only thing he knew was that the answer to her question was yes. One million times, from here until the end of time, yes. "The feeling is indeed mutual, beautiful and mysterious Fel." He smiled at her and again licked the side of her maw.

His heart felt better than it had in a long time, perhaps even ever before. He felt like nothing could ever truly make him sad again, except for her absence or rejection. Even though the sun went down, his amber eyes still shone brightly with happiness in Fel's company.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2013, 23:15

Though the sun finally disappeared entirely, some of its eternal light still remained in the sky, resisting the night. The warrior’s raven pelt began to slowly blend as the darkness rolled in. She smiled and rose to her paws, “Well, then we should perhaps do this more often. I think each other’s presence has an effect on the both of us.” Her onyx head swooped down to give a swift but gentle bite to the male’s scruff to tease him before beginning to trot back down the hill. Fel’s ears swiveled instinctively from side to side to check the surroundings for any danger. Once assured that nothing was about to attack, she looked back to see if Alanoth would follow her under the moonlight and even gave a soft bark. Her knees felt a little weak and her innards still churned with surprised bliss. Fel could just imagine all of their future meetings. Whether they were to be in the morning or evening, it did not matter; what mattered was the company. The starting relationship seemed to lift Fel’s spirits to heights that it had never reached before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 16:11

Alanoth agreed with her completely, he too had felt great joy and happiness coursing throughout his body. Her presence made him feel like never before, and he began to crave it. The sun going down made him sad somewhat, as he knew their company must soon part, but he was determined to stay with her as long as possible. The Caretaker followed Fel down the hill, remaining not to far from her, and smiling at her when she looked back. His ears remained erect, standing high atop his head in happiness. He certainly did hope they could see each other more often, their duties permitting. Perhaps it would have to be like this, later on in the day, so that there was no chance it would interfere with pack duties. Either way, he didn't care, so long as he was with her. Though it seemed quite presumptuous, he sincerly hoped that one day he would be able to call her his mate.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2013, 09:08

What pack lands she had been to, Fel knew like the back of her hand. Though this was her first time at this hill, she already remembered the way back as well as several shortcuts she had spotted. But who needed shortcuts? In fact, who said she wanted to get there quickly anyway? The fae looked back to Alanoth, locking their gazes for a moment and then pulling her eyes away from the brute, gesturing to the ground beside her as her head turned forward again and she kept moving at a casual amble. Secretly, Fel waited to feel his monochromatic fur brush against her side gently as they walked, but she made no show of it. Under the new moonlight, Fel could see an owl swoop down into the tall grass, appearing a few moments later with a mouse in its talons, the thin tail waving limply with each silent beat of the predatory bird’s ghostly wings. Black paws trudged through the grass, which seemed to be a dark turquoise rather than a summer emerald under the faint white light. The warrior had always considered the twilight world the most beautiful; its cold, desaturated colors matching the style of her monotone pelt. The only thing that made her differ from her surroundings was her pale eyes that seemed to become very vibrant in the dark. Within a couple of minutes, the distant silvery pool of the lake came into view.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2013, 14:59

Alanoth had begun memorizing as much of what little he had been able to see of the Helidos pack lands from the moment he arrived, though he was no tracker so he couldn't memorize every rock and grain of dirt. For now he settled with memorizing various landmarks, such as the falls and the routes to get there. For now though, his thoughts were occupied with the wonderful fae who trotted not too far in front of him. As their gazes locked, he knew instantly what it was she wanted, and he obliged by quickening his stride briefly, just long enough to brush his pelt against hers and then remain at her side as they walked towards the lake he could see in the distance. The water seemed so clear, he stared in amazement at it. Then he remembered the company which he had, and smiled before speaking.

"So, Fel, how long have you been with the Helidos? I must admit, I am quite curious about you." He was happy just to be able to accompany her, and to know his feelings with her were mutual, so whether she decided to respond or not didn't bother him.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2013, 16:52

Although it was night, the scenery was illuminated by beautiful twilight. Everything was on the cold side of the color spectrum: dark blues, indigo, and grey, not to mention the fine silver of the lake. As they slowly neared the body of water in silence, Fel was beginning to wonder if she should say something but was secretly relieved when Alanoth spoke up first. The warrior wasn’t the best conversation starter anyway. “Oh, I haven’t been here for that long, honestly. It’s been a few weeks though. I’ve heard that you’re new around here, right? Do you like it here so far?" As she spoke, the fae looked straight ahead towards the pool of liquid silver ahead. They would arrive at the shore in perhaps another ten minutes of the ambling pace. With pricked ears that were constantly swiveling on the lookout for danger, Fel picked up to a brisk walk, remembering that she had patrol at dawn. The action made her side leave the comforting, rhythmical brush of Alanoth’s fur, but there was always a chance he would catch up. Of course, there was no problem with staying up until noon with no sleep, but it was not good for a warrior to rest during the afternoon. One gets the most peaceful of rests in the soothing silence of the darkened world.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2013, 18:05

The lake, even from this far away, was beautiful. That much Alanoth could make out of their destination, but not much else. It didn't really matter to him anyway, he was in the company of the fae he was certain he loved, so nothing else mattered. He increased his stride to match hers as she increased her pace, understanding why. Warriors had the duty of being there on time for patrol, no excuses. So for now at least, he would try to e as close to Fel as was reasonable, for as long as possible. "I am indeed quite new around here, and I do like everything so far. I love the scenery, the pack is the best I've encountered so far, and my pack mates are good company. One in particular makes marvelous company." He smiled and brushed his fur agaisnt her own once more. It was still new to him, being in love, but he was willing to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Beta Fel
Beta Fel

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2013, 18:00

Drawing back her lips in a small grin at the faint yet meaningful statement, Fel replied in a rolling voice, “Yeah, pack mates make great friends, and sometimes something a little closer than that.” As sad as it was, their time together for the night had drawn to an end. The pair had reached the silvery pool and it was now time to part. For, Fel’s path led one way and Alanoth’s another. She did not want to leave this brute seeming too affectionate, sweet, or attached. No, she wanted to leave with a small mystery, one the caretaker would mull over for days. Something so discreet, so casual, and yet, so tempting. “I will see you again soon, and when we meet again, I will show you my favorite part of the territories.” Without another word of if or when she would meet the brute again, Fel walked away into the darkness that led to her home den. The warrior would sleep well that night, for she had much to dream about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We must stand tall, as we tumble We must stand tall, as we tumble - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We must stand tall, as we tumble

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2