Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sticks and Stones (Creek)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Athena of Helidos
Athena of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Sticks and Stones (Creek) Empty
PostSubject: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 11:12

Claws clicked over stone, the only noise audible except for the larks. It was early in the morning; the sun had not yet risen. If Athena looked outside, she would see the world in grey and shrouded with mist. She was instead surrounded by darkness. In the depths of the healer’s den, she made her way to check on the stocks to see what needed replenishing. The young fae’s nose hovered over the barely visible herbs, taking in their pungent, dry odors and finding the weakest ones, mentally noting what she should keep an eye out for on her daily trots. She then glanced over her shoulder, taking in a deep breath of the den’s air. It was a mixed sea of individual scents, the most prominent being of Creek and some other male. She had seen the pale wolf around with Creek, commonly conversing with her, but the younger one never introduced herself. For all she could tell from him, Athena did not fully appreciate the new wolf’s presence. Things were slow around the pack, and there was no real need for any more assistance.

With a huff, she crossed the cave in a few bounds and leapt up onto the shelf where she usually slept. A moment later, she was stretched out across the mass of rock, eyes shut to remove the image of the world from her vision. Athena thought about her family… Or rather, what she had left of it. Lucy was frail and secluded from the world. The apprentice realized she hadn’t seen her in seasons now, but just sighed and went on with her thoughts. There would be nothing to tell her mother even if she did see her. Azul was always busy with his alpha duties and tending to Lucy. Athena rolled over onto her other side in silent frustration. He never spoke to her anymore. Any time she heard her name come out of his jaws, it was to someone else. Her eyelids locked forcefully together. The only thing left for her now was Creek and her apprenticeship, but how long would that last?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 19:03

Today was a bad day for Creek. Her one herb that quelled her cough had run out and she didn't have the energy to go out and find more. All day she hacked, trying hard to hide it from her pack members. Jackle had been busy all day or else she would consult him in another herb to use as he now understood the extent of her condition. It had been a week since speaking with him and telling hi her plan. The time was drawing closer, but she wasn't ready to go away just yet. Having some bones to bury still she made her way to the healing den, hoping Athena was there. Scenting her on the wind lifted her spirits momentarily, but her heart fell when she realized what she would be telling her.

Coming closer the fae cleared her throat and coughed when she neared the apprentice. She had grown into a lovely young wolf and proved more talented in the art of healing every day. Some day the pack would come to rely on her even more so then they did the Lead Healer. Walking over to her Creek sat down, happy to rest and smiled at Athena. "Hello there Athena how are you today?" She asked, holding back the urge to cough. So much needed to be said to the fae, Creek only hoped she wouldn't be too heart broken.
Back to top Go down
Athena of Helidos
Athena of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 15:57

Athena scented Creek as she approached, but did not move at first. Only when the older fae sat down did the apprentice roll onto her stomach to face her. She forced a smile, shoving away her depression. Her amber hues met Creek’s on the same level, being raised in her relaxed position thanks to the ledge. It was nice to see her mentor when in a rough patch. But her greeting sounded hoarse, almost difficult. Athena mentally shook it away, replying respectively. “Hello, ma’am. I’m…” she hesitated slightly, “doing alright. Quite fine. And you, Creek? I’ve been seeing you less and less. I know I can handle many things on my own, but I miss you telling me to rewrap roots for storage sometimes.”

The forced smile grew warmer as she remembered her training as a pup. As annoying as those repetitions could get, she thought back upon them with fondness. Creek was everything to her, a mentor, a friend, and somewhat of a parent, given her real mother and father’s lack of interaction with her. Athena’s paws kneaded the gravel on her shelf happily as she watched the pure fae, expecting her usual bright reaction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2014, 20:28

Creek smiled at the young healer. Before her eyes she was growing into everything she hoped she would become. Already she knew more then even Creek at her age and the older fae was confident she could be a wonderful healer once she was gone. Drawing her paws under her Creek lowered herself down to a laying position. She was tired and her stomach pained her more every day. Though stoic it was becoming hard for Creek to put up a strong front to everyone. "Athena my dear I need to talk to you about something very important. Winter is coming soon and you won't an apprentice anymore. You know so much now I don't even think of you as an apprentice but instead a full Healer. This is good, because come winter you shall be the packs sole female healer." She said, pausing for the confusion to set in with the young fae. How she wished she didn't have to do this, but Athena deserved to know.

"Athena, I am dying. The male healer Jackle who is newer here confirmed my suspicions. I shall be gone before the snow starts to fall. There is nothing to be done for me, no cure for my sickness. I am old and have lived my life. I have trained a fine healer in you and am so proud of you. Soon I will leave the pack with my mate when its time for me to die. Jackle will watch over the pack, I urge you to meet him as he is very knowledgeable. I'm sorry that this pains you, but I have no regrets to my life or knowing you for the end of it." She said, reaching out her nose to press it in the fae's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Athena of Helidos
Athena of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 17:08

Athena found instant comfort in that smile as the white fae lowered herself to the floor. Taking this as a gesture, she hopped down from her ledge and sat beside her. As she spoke of how Athena would be gaining her full title soon, the creamy tan chest puffed out proudly. How nice it was, to think of herself as a full healer to the pack of Helidos. Then, everyone would finally see her. She wouldn’t be a shadow somewhere in a cave, but she would be a valuable wolf and contributor to the pack. Ears pricked forward, her smile was beaming. But then the final phrase came in like a tornado and destroyed her building elation.

The young wolf did not understand what she meant by her words, but alarm coursed through her. A quiet whine that could not be suppressed rang through her throat painfully as she listened to Creek’s further explanation. Athena’s jaws opened to say something in protest, but nothing came out. Her throat ran dry, a small croak of despair choking its way out. Then the nose touched her, and she could’ve sworn there had never been a more paradoxical moment in her life. The sensation was warm, but it chilled her to the spine. A moments later, she was quivering. Her voice hoarse and cracking, she finally managed to speak, “Creek, you can’t. You can’t leave me alone with some healer I’ve never met. You wouldn’t do that, would you? You can’t die… You’re everything I have. You’re the closest to a real parent I’ve had, my only friend, and the best mentor I could ever ask the stars for…” She broke off, collapsing beside her and burying her nuzzle in her fur. Suddenly, every moment she had spent complaining about her workload or any childish grudge she could’ve held towards her mentor fell like blades to her heart. She felt terrible for everything. All she wanted was for Creek to not leave her so soon. Whimpering, she took in the scent of the wolf closest to her. Athena whispered finally, “There has to be something I can do to save you… Something someone can do. Please don’t go…”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 18:16

Creek choked out a smile as Athena buried herself deep in her fur. The young fae cried out in denial at Creek's words, begging her for another way. Creek nuzzled into the fae, holding her close to her. Her words of being a parent rang deep to her. Maia was a fine daughter, but she always felt a special connection to Athena and would never change that. "Athena, my beautiful Athena. There is nothing to be done for me. Nothing you, I or anyone can do to change this. I am dying and won't last once winter sets in. Even with the best care I will grow sicker until my mind is gone and the Creek you knew is no one. It's kinder this way for me to just slip away. Its like killing a deer quickly when your hunting, instead of letting it suffer. Athena I am suffering, but seeing you grow into a fine healer clouds my pain." Creek pulled her closer to her chest, soaking in her scent and closing her eyes.

"Loss is a lesson we all must learn at some point, I'm sorry yours has to be now. I will truly miss you for I've grown to love you over these past seasons. You've just as much a daughter to me as a apprentice and I'm honored to have been your mentor. Make me proud, help the pack and find your own path. I will always be with you in your memories my dear. When ever you see the new marigolds blooming by the river, the cool summer rains during a drought or the warm feeling when you help ease anothers pain; that will be me." Creek then pulled back and stood. It was growing close to her departure, but would Athena let her go? "Please don't be sad my dear. I regret nothing in my life other than causing you this pain. Please know that I love you, but I must go."
Back to top Go down
Athena of Helidos
Athena of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2014, 10:37

((Sorry it took so long))

Athena felt herself being pulled closer to Creek and buried her muzzle in her fur, which helped muffle the sobbing. The fact that there was nothing to be done about the situation slowly sunk into her mind with the weight of a mountain. She could feel her young, naïve heart being torn apart at the loss of her mother figure, though she was currently being held by her. But suddenly, as her mentor spoke, she realized something: she was not gone yet, and there was this one last moment. Athena fought to steady her panicked breathing as Creek’s words continued to filter through her ears. The voice that taught her throughout her whole life suddenly sounded as sweet as honey. This lesson, she began to understand, was the hardest one she’d ever faced. The young fae would have to learn how to overcome the pain of loss, to which there is no medicine.

Yet there was a little comfort in her words. Indeed, Athena knew that Creek would always be with her. Suddenly, the warm body pulled away from her, and Athena rose accordingly. It was clear that the time had come. The frog still filled her throat, but the fae spoke with a focused determination. “I’ll be alright Creek… I’ll be strong. I wish I had more time with you, but I understand now. It would be wrong for you to suffer.” She quietly stepped forward to close the gap between them and pressed her muzzle to Creek’s cheek, and in turn, Creek’s muzzle to her own cheek. “I love you, and I’ll always have you in my thoughts and in my heart, as you should be. I’ll make you proud, Creek. I promise I will.” Athena pulled back and licked under the ivory chin once before taking a step back and bowing her head. “Thank you for your mentorship. Goodbye Creek… I will miss you.” The words shook on her tongue, but were resolute. Athena’s amber hues watched the wolf she felt closest to and prepared herself for her final departure. A small, sad smile made its way to her lips, “And I promise I will never be late to a class again.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 10:34

~Creek walked away from her apprentice who had now grown up before her eyes. Without another word or look the cream fae turned and walked from the healing den, knowing she would never return. In the distance she could hear Azul call for a meeting, there she would make her final stand before meeting Eclipse.~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones (Creek) Sticks and Stones (Creek) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sticks and Stones (Creek)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1