Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Empty
PostSubject: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2014, 21:14

Massive paws fell upon a familiar temperature, one they had been born to endure. The snow that blanketed this beach was not only a comfort, but held a glimmer of his painful past. It had been some time now that he had given his birth pack much thought, but his having stumbled upon this place brought those memories back with a force that was undeniable. His thick pelt gave him ample protection from the chill on the wind that whispered through these parts while the rest of Helidos was blessed with the warm summer heat. The cold had never bothered him, and this was far from the cold that he had been born into. The mountain side to which his pack called home had been unforgiving on the best of days, but none could compare to that winter.

As he approached the bank of the icy waters, he came to a halt mere inches from where the dangerously low temperature of the water slithered towards the snow covered shore. A dip into those waters, even if only momentarily would mean almost certain death to a wolf lest they could be warmed immediately after emerging from its deadly grip. He could only imagine the danger that the waters posed and the chill that seemed to hang in the air despite the time of year was the reason for the deafening silence that hung heavy here. Closing his eyes, Fen took a deep breath, enjoying the cold sting in his nose as he inhaled the frigid air which filled his greedy lungs.

Letting his deep amber eyes open, he slowly released the air from his lungs, watching intently as the hot steam from his breath flittered before him in a cloud. The sun poked through the cloud cover enough to light up the snow upon the ground. Each flake glittered and shimmered in their peaceful undisturbed state, the only evidence of disturbance being his paw prints that fell behind him. He had always received great pleasure in this simplistic thing. He found great beauty in the snow. It was so delicately beautiful, almost enticingly so, and yet it held a destructive power equal to that of its polar opposite, fire. At this though, the light smile that played at the corners of his lips dissipated into a troubled frown. He had lost family at the cruel hands of both fire and ice. First his birth pack to the snow storm and harsh cold that plagued their homeland, and then his pups, his pack mates, his friends, to the fire that had swept so viciously through maple woods. He let a soft sigh escape his lips as he stared out blankly upon the serene water. How many more would he have to part with far before their time was up?
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2014, 21:34

Marrok had heard of the new lands Quinn had discovered in the recent weeks. He had already explored a new cave area under a high mountains today he would check out a partially frozen lake at a high altitude area, far from here. Again he had awaken that morning to find his beloved gone from the den, her sweet scent still in the air of their den. Marrok sighed, not allowing his mind to go dark with "what if's" over the recent lack of bodily time he spent with her. His days now were nearly void of her attention and presence, though he was confused as to why. His time lately had been spent training hard, yes, but that didn't extinguish the flame of passion he still felt for Juno. Such a fire of emotion could never part his mind from a simple lack of affections. He pondered if she too felt the same as he, or perhaps if she required more then the stoic brute did in the ways of closeness. Such things like the inner workings of a fae's mind puzzled him to no end, but today he would dwell on the matter, he had a journey to start.

His journey began and continued until he was far from the pack lands, its landmarks becoming smaller and smaller on the horizon behind him. Unswayed by the growing anxiety in his gut over this new place he soon reached the lake and took in his surroundings. Being polar opposite of the harsh summer weather in the main pack lands the sudden taste of frigid air of both refreshing and confusing to his palate. Sparce ice forms on the lake, floating and bobbing with the small breeze that added to the cold of this new land. Marrok's golden eyes scanned the perimeter of the lake, soon falling on the figure of a brute not to far from him. Smelling the air as it blew in his face he read it as his new Alpha, had he too journey here to try out this oddity of nature? The Beta padded closer to the male, his tail low and his regal head dipped in respect from his Alpha. Though little time had he spent under his ruling Marrok still gave him the respect he deserved, the lack of socialization couldn't change that. As he drew closer Marrok cleared his throat then sat down, his head still dipped. He dipped his head further into a deeper bow then rose to gaze at his new leader. "Good day Alpha, great minds think alike coming here don't they?" He said, his voice pausing as he looked out over the frozen lake. "Such a beautiful pace this is, a fine addition to the lands of your ruling, might I assist you with anything this morning?" He questioned, ready to fulfill any request asked of him. "Or if you perhaps wish to gaze at the wonder here alone I'd be happy to leave you at peace Sir."
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2014, 13:21

The alpha didn't imagine many of the wolves who called Helidos home would venture here, and if they did, he could only imagine it would be no more than once out of sheer curiosity. In the winter, this place would be just as any other, and then its bounds may see more of the wolves presence, but why would any dwell here longer than to examine its curious existence when the comforting warmth of the summer months awaited them not so far away. But he, he found comfort here. The silence was refreshing and the chill, while it held painful memories, held an equal share of fond memories. His mother, his darling sisters, and even his father. Though madness had driven him to his inevitable death in the end, he still held love for the long gone wolf.

But he was soon not alone. The scent of another trickled into his nose as he craned his head back to catch a glimpse of the wolf he now shared the company of. Quinn had informed his as to those whom held higher ranks within the pack, giving him a description of most of them, but he had yet to meet the majority of them. Based souly on Quinn's description, he presumed this to be the Beta male, Marrok, mated to his Beta female counterpart, Juno. While he appreciated that none of the wolves had spoken out in protest as to his new position, he still wished to speak with as many as he could, and especially the higher ups as to their feelings on the matter. "How now Beta Marrok." he chimed in greeting as the Beta dipped his head and took a seat next to him.

Shaking his head at the Beta's inquiry as to whether or not Fenris wished to be left alone, he smiled. "Tis a most wondrous place indeed. One that doth deserve more credit than it shalt undoubtedly receive. But alas, its beauty shall remain but a hidden treasure for those who seek it." he began, but ceased what could have turned into a rather lengthy rant about hidden beauty. While Fenris was, for the most part a wolf of few words, when something such as this intrigued him so, he could go on for ages. His ears flickered in rememberance of Marrok's offer for assistance in anything, and Fen would take him up on such an offer. There is one thing you may assist me with shoulds't thou wish, and of course be it of no inconvenience. I did have but a few questions for thee, if thou woulds't be so kind as to answer." He wished to know at what point, under who's rule each wolf had come into Helidos, and what about their leader at the time had made them stay. He also wished to know of any concerns or troubles any of them had with the way things currently were so he may try to make the best for each individual.
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 15:44

Marrok came to sit closer to his Alpha, his gaze still brushing over the wondrous landscape that was before them. The sheer mass of this area was enough to make any set of eyes widen in delight, but alas it was the oddity of the weather that took away Marrok's breath first. The hot and dry weather he was used to melted away here and brought up memories of winter's tight grasp. Such a change in one day toyed with his mind and whether or not it was real, though the feeling of snow beneath his feet assured him it was. He grew quiet as the Alpha started to speak, agreeing with his on the beauty of this land. He then asked a question of him, or whether permission to ask one if any.

Marrok smiled and his gaze turned to Fenris. "Aye Alpha you may ask anything of me you wish. I shall try to answer as best I can and hope my information shall be of service to you." He replied, curious as to what would be asked of him. His gaze fell over the Alpha and took in his form up close for the first time as his leader. He was a regal looking wolf, tall and muscular just as one should be. He had a kindness and understanding in his eye that Marrok liked very much and yet he looked stern enough to set laws to be followed. The Beta was interested in how things would change within the pack now and how this new leadership would alter packlife.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2014, 23:58

Fen was pleased that the Beta had decided to comply and was willing to answer what questions he had. He did not want to bore the Beta with silly questions, they were all pertinent to his new position, and he hoped he could take what information Marrok provided him with, and use it for the betterment of the pack. Fen let his posture relax, letting any signs that he held rank over the wolf next to him slip away. He wanted Marrok to be honest with him, and feel comfortable doing so. "Tis greatly appreciated that thou wouldst take thy time to answer said questions. I do promise I shalt make it as quick and painless as possible." he joked, knowing that the questions he asked, though thought provoking they may be, were not by any means intrusive, but certainly left the floor open should the Beta wish to say more.

"Tell me Beta, Helidos. What doth it mean to thee? To be a part of Helidos, what being a Helidos wolf means to thee? Prithee tell." he asked simply. He wanted to get a sense of what this pack meant to each wolf, and their ideals as to what Helidos should encompass. He knew he could not be their previous Alpha, but he had no intentions of doing so. He simply wished to incorporate what it was about Helidos that kept these wolves within its boundaries, into the way he lead them. It would hardly be fair of him to take what these wolves loved, and devoted their lives to, and flipped it upside down.

(Sorry its short. Things have been a little rough for me lately but I figured I would at least get something out)
Back to top Go down
Marrok of Helidos
Marrok of Helidos

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2015, 14:14

Marrok sat, his muscles relaxing as his mind wandered and pondered the great Alpha's question. It had been many seasons since he had first arrived in these lands and so much had happened in that short amount of time. He had found love, heartache, the joys of parenthood and the thrill of rising in the ranks. What did being a part of Helidos mean to him? "Well Sir I must say that is an interesting question. To answer you fully I must first tell you of what life was like for me before I found this pack. I had been a loner for some time you see and felt no commitment nor loyalty to anyone other than myself. I cared only for myself for past experiences had taught me that extending my heart outward only ended in pain." The male said, his gaze falling to the dirt below him.

"Then one day I came across the border of Helidos and met Azul. I'm not sure what it was, but something in me told me there were great things in sore for me if I devoted myself to him and the pack. After some deliberation I came with him and became a warrior. Time passed and I found my mate and rose in the ranks. The things are fine and good, but perhaps the best thing of all was I found a family and a place where I feel like I belong. Does that answer you sir?" He questioned, hoping not to bore the Alpha with his ramblings.
Back to top Go down
Fenris Of Helidos
Fenris Of Helidos

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2015, 16:26

Fenris remained still and silent while the Beta spoke. He listened to him carefully, taking note of every word and how each was said, the pauses, all of it. Fen could easily see himself finding a friend in Marrok, for he seemed very much like himself. There was an air of calm about him, and a very evident tells of wisdom. A light smile played across his face when asked if the words imparted upon him were enough to quell his thirst for answers. The Alpha nodded, glancing at Marrok momentarily before returning his gaze to the wintery landscape before him. "Indeed Beta Marrok it does. Beg pardon that I may be so bold to say, but I feel that thou art wise beyond thine own years. Intuition such as that which which thou doth possess is a rarity among us. T'was smart of thee to give Azul a chance, to give thyself a chance at being a part of something once more." he said softly and paused briefly. "To oft'n do we run from that which hath scorned us in the past. Isolation, though seeming to be but the best and only choice would be the death of us all. For we as wolves must rely on eachother. Tis not in our best interests to live out our lives alone. Many hath tried, and many hath died or been driven mad in doing so. We are stronger together, of this none can deny. I should like to ask thee for the same chance that thou dids't extend to Azul. The chance to prove myself to thee. To gain thy trust, thy respect, and perhaps even thy friendship."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Song of Ice and Fire (Marrok)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1