Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Calm Storm (Border Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Empty
PostSubject: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2016, 12:45

On the northern border of Ernyx lands, a lone white wolf would approach. The weather was mild, although still unpleasant. Throughout the entire day a stead light rain fell from overcast skies, drenching the ground below and casting a grey light upon the land. Tempest seemed to pay no mind to the weather however as he padded through the forest.

His fur was soaked through and hanging downwards at this point, revealing his true form beneath. His form was very well built, he had the body of a warrior. Perhaps the rain was a good thing then, as it would help whomever approached the border to judge him.

He had been traveling now for an entire year, the beginning of the journey was with other survivors of his pack. They were not accustomed to surviving in foreign lands however, surrounded by hostile packs that forbade hunting on their lands. They were not accustomed to the life of a loner. Neither was Tempest at the beginning, but he adapted. One either adapted or they died.

Why then, did he approach this border? Hunger was not the only thing to take the lives of the other survivors. Packs were just as likely to be openly hostile to any prospective wolves that approached their borders, and Tempest had already seen multiple wolves slaughtered at the borders by packs, even if they did not cross the border.

Well, it could have been loneliness, or perhaps even curiosity to any other wolf. To Tempest however, he knew that finding a pack would increase his odds of survival, especially in these lands, as he had scented multiple borders in this area. Also, Tempest knew the packs attacked his group because there were many of them. A single wolf such as himself posed much less of a threat.

Settling about ten yards from the border in a sitting position he would tilt his head upwards towards the overcast sky, a couple droplets forcing him to blink to wash them away as they pattered onto his face before he let out a long low howl.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 12:23

only the strong are worthy to live

231 Words
Tempest
During the early hours of daylight, Teren had been exploring his border, making sure it was as tightly guarded as he had hoped. He found a similar smell, the Guardian fae was most prominent beside his own. This only meant his brothers would have to start doing more around the borders. Teren walked along his path, looking left and right. Everything was the same as it was the day before. This was good. When the voice came over the sky, Teren had already been heading in that direction. He walked slow, no need to rush. No need to show his true age. The peppered Alpha made his way to the guest, sniffing for any clues as to where this wolf was from before making it before the other. It was a male, not of these lands or any around the other packs. Teren approached with his tail hanging over his spine, his head held high and his ears alert and forward as he moved towards the other. He was a very large black wolf, domineering in fact. He was not something someone would wish to toy with. As he stood there, he could see the dampened fur hanging from the wolf's form. Teren could only imagine what he himself looked like, after wandering through the rain all morning, but he didn't care. "Who are you and why have you summoned me?"

To commit crimes | To think of evils | "Speak only evil"
would it really be so bad to die?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 13:36

Tempest rose to stand on all four paws as he caught wind of the approaching wolf. Storm grey eyes would watch the larger black males approach impassively. If Tempest was surprised at the sheer size of the wolf that stood before him, his countenance did not betray it.

As Teren raised his tail, the pure white wolf would lower his instinctually, along with his head to peer at the ground a couple of paces in front of himself. Tempest could still see the wolf that stood before him in his peripheral vision however. This show of submission was optimal in this situation to Tempest. It gave respect to the high ranking wolf before him, while also not leaving him completely open to be attacked. Once Teren spoke Tempest would reply, still retaining his current submissive stance,

"I am Tempest, and I have called you because I seek to join this pack as a warrior," the words seemed empty, without emotion or nervousness, but they served their purpose perfectly in answering the questions posed.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 13:50

154 Words
Tempest
Tempest, as he called himself, was respectful.. He understood submission even before Teren had required it from him. This was a good sign. An obedient wolf was a useful wolf. For far too long he had wolves who did not understand such things. They had been destroyed, exiled, and much worse. "What experience do you have as a Warrior? We are in need of very skilled Warriors, ones that can hold their own for my future intentions of these lands." Teren waited for the reply. He stared down at him, not trying to look into his eyes, but just to watch him. Teren might have been considerably easy on the wolf, but this did not mean that he was trusting of the other. One could never be too careful of strangers, no matter where they were from. For all he knew, this could be a ploy from one of the other packs.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 14:22

Tempest held his current stance, as it seemed to satisfy Teren thus far. Even as a short gust of wind blew by, the white wolf did not sway, but stood as still as a statue. His muscles were relaxed however, and betrayed no apprehension by tensing unnecessarily.

Another question was posed by the black wolf then, asking of his own experience as a warrior. Tempest did have experience as a warrior to go along with the training he had gone through, so this question was easily answered,

"I was a warrior in my previous pack and fought in a war against another pack. I took part in many battles over a one year period," he said, voice steady and lacking of expression as he relayed this information. Silently he awaited the black wolf's judgment for now, yet he still was alert as to the other's position. Even with the other wolf's seemingly non-hostile demeanor, that could change in a moment.

Tempest wondered then if perhaps the other would try and test him in some way, that was another common practice before packs accepted any wolves into their packs. If this was the case, Tempest would gladly prove himself if ordered to do so. Although this wolf that stood before him would most definitely be a tough opponent. Despite his apparent age he still had a large size advantage.

Last edited by Tempest on April 1st 2016, 16:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha Teren
Site Owner
Site Owner
Alpha Teren

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2016, 08:27

170 Words
Tempest
This wolf spoke of war. Oh how he loved the sound. Nothing could compare to the throes of war. Reproduction was nothing compared to ripping the throat out of another wolf. He smirked gently. "Yes, war is very good. I plan to force another to start very soon. I have waged many a war, but none have been as intriguing as when I forced Helidos to attack us. It was the perfect night day. Early in the morning, I killed the Alphess' sister - right before her eyes. When the war happened, I got to fight her. I killed her almost effortlessly and their pack retreated. If you say you are good at fighting, then we could use you. You shall now be known as Warrior Tempest." Teren turned his back from the other and walked back to the pack lands. No need for anything else to be said. He had heard enough. Soon this wolf would have to prove his worth, not just what he said to the great Alpha.

Please change your name to Warrior Tempest and click the Ranks tab at the top to join Erenyx. Also, we ask that when your character speaks, you either color the text or make it different than your normal text.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Calm Storm (Border Thread) A Calm Storm (Border Thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Calm Storm (Border Thread)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1