Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escape from the Heat (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Escape from the Heat (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2016, 14:32

Bleddyn had just been accepted into the Pyrvanthros pack. The first thing he wanted to do was find a cold place--if it existed--to relax. The Tundra Wolf wandered around his new territory, following his nose to a water source. He tried to avoid the other Pyrvanthros Wolves if he at all could. He just wanted to spend the rest of this day alone and reflect on his new life. After finding water and taking a long drink, Bleddyn went in search of a seclude spot. Eventually, he noticed the mountains, the perfect place; it would be much more comfortable up there for him. The Tundra Wolf started the long walk to the mountain, stopping occasionally to take note of where things were. By the time Bleddyn reached his destination, the air was slightly cooler than it had been, but it was still fairly hot. He started to make his way up, hoping the climb wouldn't be too terrible.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information
Purchases: Small Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2016, 17:09

Chiara had spent the evening patrolling her southern boarder. Most of the territory was patrolled during the day time hours, but with recent events concerning coyotes and the intense heat she sought the coolness of night to wander. Yawning loudly her paws led her to the base of the cool mountains. She often came here to relax after a long night, still enjoying the trace hints of chill behind the searing heat. Striking out she climbed up the ridge and soon came to a well worn trail that deer and some bighorns had made. On the breeze let her know the path was used frequently, yet stale enough to know she wouldn't have any unwanted guests this morning. Continuing on she rounded a bend up against a cliff and caught sight of a pale wolf making his way up the path as well. Smelling the air she noticed he smelled of her pack, yet rouge-ish in a way that probably meant he was new. Smelling again she identified the trace of Manus on him and remembered im telling her of a new male in their midsts.

"Hello there male who might you be? I am Chiara Alphess of this pack, would you like some company up here or do you seek solitude?" She questioned, walking closer to him. Her posture didn't demand obedient submission, only mutual respect from her pack mate. She gave it to him with a small dip of the head and would expect just the same in return. Unlike the tyrant Teren those in her pack need not grovel before her feet, dusting their bellies with fear riddled dust. No, the pack was her family and she treated all within it just as she would her siblings.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2016, 22:44

Bleddyn had found the climb surprisingly easy, consiering this was the first mountain he had ever climbed. True, he was no deer or mountain goat, but he managed... for now. As the the sun began to retire to sleep, Bleddyn's walk would be more dangerous. He stopped every so often to look back down; the view from this mountain was quite unlike anything the Tundra Wolf had ever seen. On one such stop, Bleddyn noticed another wolf coming up the mountain and sighed. He had hoped for some solitude here. Instead of pretending he hadn"t noticed the wolf and walking on, Bleddyn sat where he was and waited for them to catch up.The male had done enough submissive acts in the past few days than he had ever planned on doing in his entire life, so he hoped this approaching Pyrvanthros was someone he didn't have to make a good impression on. How disappointed--and strangely not at all surprised--he felt upon learning the... female.. was not only superior member of this pack, but the mate of the Alpha. Wonderful.

Bleddyn, naturally, was wary when the female walked closer to where he sat than he would have liked. But he was reliefed when her body language told nothing of her rank, that is, she didn't demand submission from him as the other two pack wolves he had encountered so far had. Still, she did demand some level of respect... and his name. The Tundra Wolf's ears flicked as a bird cried above. He couldn"t just ignore her inquiry of his name, even if she hadn't earned his trust. Bleddyn returned the female"s nod, more out of fear of being cast out for something so trivial than common courtesy, and responded, "My name is Bleddyn. I was hoping to... be alone up here." He said this with caution, as if he were walking on thin ice and placing a paw in the wrong spot would cause the ice to break. And so he quickly added, "But I can always find solitude in sleep.. "
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2016, 05:00

Chiara soon caught up to the male who returned her greeting a bit fearfully. Puzzled she cocked her head and sat down in front of him. "Pleasure to meet you Bleddyn I hope you find my pack to your liking. I can smell the rogue on your fur still, tell me were you on your own long or just hopping from pack to pack?" She asked, genuinely curious as to his past. Her tail curled around her feet and her face grew a small smile at his next response. "How about I accompany you to the peak then we shall go our separate ways. I too like my solitude, but getting to know a pack mate can be enjoyable too as well as eye opening." She said, now standing and starting to walk up the ridge.

After a bit she turned her head back to the nervous male and smiled warmly at him. "I hope Magnus wasn't too rough with you. He can be a bit gruff, but he has a good heart and will protect any pack member with his life." She said, continuing to smile at him. "I'm sure in time you'll be promoted as well if you wish. Pyrvanthros is about family, trying your hardest to help out and having respect for all members. You need not fear to cross someone's shadow and get beat down or slandered for having an opinion." She said off hand, remembering her past packs that did just that. Her smile curled down a bit at the thought of her natal pack and Erenyx, but she pushed the thought aside. "So, anything you'd like to know about the pack or myself?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2016, 10:41

The Tundra Wolf followed the alpha female up the ridge in silence for quite awhile. But he knew he couldn't get on the wrong side of this Wolf, so eventually he replied. "I have been a lone wolf since birth. Your mate was... kind." Bleddyn looked around the ridge and smelled the air. It was fresher up here, cool, not clogged with heat. Bleddyn considered the last question but shook his head at what he wanted to ask. He was fairly certain he wouldn't be allowed to make his den here. And at the moment, he didn't really want to know anything about Chiara. He stopped and sat again before asking, "Is it always very hot here? I'm used to colder weather."
Back to top Go down
Alphess Chiara
Administrator
Administrator
Alphess Chiara

Wolf Information

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2016, 11:15

Chiara continued to walk with her talkative pack mate up the mountain. Not much was said between the pair until they made their way past a gnarled old tree. Bleddyn mentioned he had been a loner since birth and it intrigued her to keep asking him questions despite not getting wordy responses. "If you don't mind me asking you why join a pack now? If you have been a loner all of your life why change it?" Her mind was puzzled and drew out infinite possibilities as to why he wanted to join a group. Has he gotten into trouble in his past?

Chiara smiled as he mentioned Magnus and her looked back at her traveling partner, "He is nice and always puts the pack first as I said. Most of my pack is quite nice if you give us a chance." Her voice was soft, trying desperately to win over this male with kindness. He spoke again at the heat and she nodded to him. "It is a very hot summer this year, hotter than any I remember. We must be careful during lightening storms in case fire breaks out. The hunting will also be harder if prey moves to other water and grazing areas. If that happens everyone will need to work together." She said, looking out over the scenery. Most was still green and lush, but further down below she saw the hints of brown and dryness that came with drought.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2016, 11:25

Bleddyn was glad the alpha female didn't seem to mind his limited responses. "I don't know. I just felt like I was supposed to." He frowned when Chiara mentioned that this summer was going to be very hot. Maybe coming to this pack wasn't a good idea... Bleddyn sighed and quickly swiped his tongue over his muzzle to relieve the itching around his scars. At least there was one cool place for him to go and relax. A growl rumbled in the Tundra Wolf's stomach and he looked around, sniffing the air. "I... don't suppose there's anything on this mountain  to hunt?" Of course, it occurred to Bleddyn just then that he actually had a preference of prey. But here, he was not likely to find it; just one of the many things he would have to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2016, 00:06

((Waiting for a reply))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escape from the Heat (Open) Escape from the Heat (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escape from the Heat (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1