Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Broken Wings [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

Broken Wings [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 06:43

How does it feel to fly? 

Separated from the world and what should be his life, the brute found endless questions arising to be pondered upon during the everlasting silence that seemed to shroud his very existence now. Nothing could make him speak, he had not said a word since it had happened. It, such a simple word to represent something so traumatic, something that was the single most distressing event to have occurred in the wolf's life. But then, doesn't simple make it easier? He had no answers for himself to any of his questions. And he had nobody else to ask for he had no voice to raise anymore. His conscience was focused on his thoughts or on the numb feeling of depression and sorrow, leaving no time for rest to converse, for if he ever did rest there was only silence, and it reminded him of how alone he was and all of what he had lost. 

The truth was, Eclipse knew what it felt like to fly. Not truly, his paws had always been planted firmly on the earth, and they were destined to be forevermore for he was not a bird and never would be. But he had soared, so incredibly high on winds of joy that he had experienced during those good times in his life, where he had often sat and thought to himself that even the winged creatures of the skies could not have been happier as they glided in the air. Examples of those time periods were his acceptance to Helidos, dear friends he had made, meeting Creek, the birth of his offspring and the promotions he had been privileged enough to be given in his rank. In fact, looking back it was clear to see joining Helidos was the best decision he could have made and had provided him with much to be grateful for. He had been a mere fledgling when he had arrived but with the support of the pack and its land his wings had gotten stronger and he had learnt how to fly, maturing into a knowledgable wolf as well as one that was strong and kind, a hard worker who served Helidos. Recently he had been praised with the title of Elite, which stood to prove he had done enough to be the male counterpart as the greatest fighter of the pack alongside his dear friend and sister Nnlya, for which he was proud and appreciated greatly. Yet still Eclipse knew he had big paws to fill after the previous Elite Kenai had been such a strong and noble wolf. He knew he would have to keep building on his skills with a few spars and keep his fitness maintained. For now however he just needed time to grieve before he would pick himself up and continue training. 

Loss was a familiarity to the male as he had lost his sister, but this was different. Blizzard was family and he cared for her very much, but he had grown up with her as his sibling and had no choice but to love her as they shared the same blood. With Creek the love was so much deeper and special. As mates, he had fallen in love with her because he had learned all about her and decided that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her because she was so amazing and beautiful that he could not imagine having to be without her. To have someone love you by choice because they adore who you are even with your faults is something to be treasured and one of the most precious things you could ever have, even when the one who had chosen you and whom you had chosen was no longer here. 

Breathing a tired sigh, the dark coated male tread noiselessly on slow-moving paws. Golden eyes were turned to the dirt, matching its dullness as they lacked their usual bright shine and conveyed only sadness and a longing for this pain to disappear. Creek had been the best at fixing the ill and broken, but now with her gone he was wounded so deeply in such a way that only she had caused. It was not her fault and he did not blame her, for she deserved to end her life without pain. Perhaps, he had realized, it was just written in his fate that all the ones he loved would die and disappear from his life. First Blizzard, then Creek and Ayden. Perhaps he was cursed for this to repeat until he took his final breath. Not wanting to think any further, he had travelled away from the heart of the pack and through the dense woodland, following the soft rumbling sound of the waterfall. Noise was better than being alone with the voices in his head after all. Furthermore it was mating season, and he did not want to be in amongst the pack where his depressed spirits would bring a negativity to the others who should be excited with the chance to find love and neither did he want to be influenced by his own instincts. Slowly, Eclipse walked out from the shade of the forest, his head hung low as he glanced around cautiously and ears perked for any dangers that may be lurking around, nostrils flaring to pick up any scent of predator or foe. Thankfully he found none so he strode forward up the slight hill, the clicking of his claws on the rocks being muffled by the settled snow. Once he finally made it to the edge of the turquoise pool, he let his legs give away beneath his weight and allowed his body to fall as if he had been shot with an arrow to the heart. He sank into the snow and closed his eyes almost peacefully, seemingly undisturbed by the icy white powder encasing him. His wings were broken, and now he met the cold ground where gravity made his destiny be.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2014, 18:11

The sounds of rushing water were not too far off as the white male had searched the lands for snowdrops or holly, even though he assumed it would be far too early to begin searching for there two plants. Instead he set his minds to search for Camille, a wonderful plant that provided great use to those who were searching for a calming effect/. As he wandered, his efforts had come up short and he found himself weary as his mind raced. With the coal nose to the ground, Jackle could sense the light scents of two wolves, one of a male and the other of creek. It was faint and it seemed to be on the pelt of the male he had begun to track. The snow had begun to fall but that didn't bother him, he was in search of her, in hopes that she was still alive. That his verdict was not true and that she had not ended her life. Yet, as he searched for the male the scents began to change and as Jackle realized he frowned.

The sight was not pleasant, in fact it was gut wrenching as he noticed the onyx male lying there in a heap of pain, and it was in this moment that Jackle knew who he was, for Creek's scent was upon him but she was not to be found. It was a realization that she was gone as he saw the male in pain, a pain that Jackle would not be able to heal, and one that would come with time. Without hesitation, Jackle walked up behind him clearing his throat, and lowering his stance to the male who was recently promoted Elite. Jackle had seen him around a few times, in passing by, and by word of mouth through Nnyla. Closing his eyes he bobbed his head, he knew, but what was he supposed to say. There was nothing that anyone could say, this type of pain left you broken and bruised. It was a constant ache that would never cease, the way your mind nagged at you, asked you questions you would hope one would have the answers for but the answers would never come. It hurt Jackle to see him like this. Yet, as close as he was to Creek, as honored as he was to be a part of her healing attributes the pain Jackle felt and the pain her mate felt were far different.

The white knight pressed forward, dropping his rear to the cold ground as flurries passed around them. It took a moment for him to breathe, to think, to asses the situation and his own mind on finding the right words to speak. All that came to mind was creole, it was native to him, and the words were far easier than the english he had grown used to speaking. So he spoke, "Kondoleyans mwen." It meant, my condolences, and indeed that's all he could say without confusion and he waited for some type of acknowledgement but decided it was best to speak and allow him to listen. "My name is Jackle and I am a healer beneath you and beneath your loved one of loss, Creek. I'd like to speak and have you listen, in hopes that it mind help you find some strength to press on." The words were kind, so kind as Jackle laid down near him, and his regal tone began his story. It was quiet and he could see that Eclipse would listen and it only brought a smile to his lips.

"Most of my time has been spent in the woods, passing by those who either seek help from the skilled paws of my own, or in search of trading secrets and recipies for the line of work that I am in. My journey began in the deep south, very far from the cold winters and steep lands that we roam today, but it has been an effortless one at that. Before I came to Helidos, I met one on the road, and she passed along wisdom that I will take to my own grave for it is knowledge that needs to be heard. If it wasn't for this female, I would have never have heard of Helidos, would never have been directed to these lands and my life would have been different. I can also say the same for Creek, but that is neither here nor there. This female, she was beautiful, with a pelt of white that was untouched and near god like, and her eyes were of the most striking blue. Alongside her she walked with two young pups, a male and female, and another older female that stood regal in her own pelt. They had just left a pack and although I am unaware of their journey, I treated a simple wound for one of her pups and in return this is what she told me. 'When you find a life that is unlike no other, you must never leave it, and you must never let it go. This includes love, for love never dies, and although the host will disappear it is the soul, our souls that find each other again. It is that one thing you must hold on too or you too will drown in the misery you've created.' I believe her name was Aurora, it was a suiting name for such an elegant creature. Yet, her words stuck to me like glue due to the line of work that I am in. I found them fitting for this situation good Sir, I do hope that you don't mind."

Jackle paused for a brief moment to recollect his experience with the small group he had tended too, it was a long time ago, and it was a fond memory that he replayed. Jackle continued, "After that, I was in search of this pack, the pack that Aurora had spoken so highly of and when I found it. I felt like it was an obligation to her and to myself to become a part of it. Something just felt right and I wasn't wrong. It was after Nnyla, then a delta, had formally accepted me that I had met Creek. In our short time, she had managed to train me in her ways and teach me the lands, and of what grows here. I still hear her voice now as she spoke kind words of her mate and her children. A few weeks had passed when I began to notice small changes in her... it was my diagnoses that started this misery that you're feeling. Yet, I am honored that she chose to go the way she did and not live out the rest of her time in pain. I know that you know it was for the best. As a healer, I offer my services to you, to help you ease your troubled mind or even your upset stomach should you need me. As your friend, I am here to listen, and to be a stepping stone back into life. Don't let your work get the best of you and promise me that you shall come to me should you need it. This is not going to be easy on you but I am here. That I promise you for it was a promise to Creek." Jackle stopped talking and waited for a sound to break the silence.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2014, 08:52

On the outside a silence had settled over him, a calmness as his body was buried with the snow. He remained idle in his icy grave, seeming very much dead on almost all aspects and even the thoughts that buzzed in his mind had been stilled. The canine released a soft sigh of relief from the ending of the torture, the sort a parent might once they had finally put their children to bed and had some time for themselves. In this situation the thoughts would be his offspring, and indeed they had been born of only him and his mind, now he had finally put them to rest for the time being. With the bliss that came with the quiet the brute simply concentrated on his breathing, listening to the filling and emptying of his lungs. It was while he did this that after some minutes he heard the crunching of another's pawsteps and the light cough from behind him, his golden orbs instantly opening though he still didn't move. He hoped that maybe whoever it was would assume him to be asleep, perhaps dead, and therefore leave him be. But it was not so, as the presence of the male wolf still persisted and lingered out of view. The elite still persevered on remaining in his false dead state until the other brute introduced himself. Jackle. The healer had known Creek, she had spoke of him having diagnosed her with her fatal condition and it was important for Eclipse to meet him. He had wanted to for a while now, he had questions that needed answering. Turning onto his stomach, he gathered his paws beneath him and pushed his weight up off the floor to raise himself into a seated position, simultaneously swivelling to face the unknown brute. As his rump settled on the ground a majority of the snowflakes that had covered his coat tumbled off his back and legs, making him seen clearly like a boulder in the snow. His eyes turned to Jackle's with a quiet acceptance in them, showing he was willing to listen to what words were to come from the healer. Watching as the white one lowered to rest beside him, he kept his ears perked to the kind voice, and silently appreciated the reassuring smile on the other's lips.

At the beginning of his tale there was not much that interested the dark wolf, for it was a recollection of his past and not relevant to what he wanted to know. He wanted reassurance that Creek had made the right decision, that she really had no other choice, that she hadn't lived nor died in pain. Nonetheless, the story was refreshing after receiving so many condolences and helped the elite to understand his acquaintance more. There was however a moment that caught his attention, as a gorgeous female was described and Eclipse could only think of one fae he knew to match. The more that was explained his eyes grew slightly wide with disbelief that this stranger knew was indeed one of his first and dearest friends. But he was in no mood to inquire further nor display much of his astonishment. He opened his maw slowly to try and voice his words, up but as it had been some time since his vocals had been put to use his voice came out low and hoarse. "I believe this Aurora is a fae I once knew, she had lived in these lands and was my unofficial mentor and first true friend. Yet another I have lost, I guess..." His eyes glazed over briefly as he thought, back to how things had been different in the days when she had accepted him. Life had seemed so good. Blinking, he returned to the present. "It's a small world. Don't worry, I don't mind. Thank you, Jackle. I'll try to keep those words in mind."

A slight nodding of his head followed, as if agreeing with himself that he should try and retain as much of the considerate words as he could. The kindness of others helped him to see hope when he was lost in the darkness of depression. Wind, snow and water from the falls gusted over them for a few seconds before simmering down again, Eclipse dropping his gaze to his paws and sitting rigid against the cold. He still listened to the white male as best he could, trying to concentrate on Jackle's voice over his own in his head. At the mention of Creek and how she had spoke of her family his eyes closed slowly, feeling a new sorrow from hearing her name aloud, he hadn't heard it since she had passed. The longing for her to be with him burned through his emotions, but gradually a small smile surfaced on his maw. It was heartwarming to hear how she had expressed how much she cared for her mate and pups to her friends. He felt so warm and elated inside that he could almost ignore the unfolding of how Jackle came to know Creek was ill and her death. Eclipse waited for the well-meaning brute to finish before raising his cracked voice once more. "Healer Jackle, I am glad to know you helped my mate by ensuring her you would help me after she was no longer here, and for what I imagine you assisted her throughout her illness. I cannot put into words how grateful I am to you for being a caring friend and healer to her when she needed it, and how you offer the same to me. I assure you, if I should ever need you for anything I will pay you a visit". The male reopened his eyes, dragging them away from the ground to be level with the pale male's face. "I'd like to know...Can you tell me what it was that ailed her and if she was in any serious pain. And how long did you know of her plans?" For a moment he held his breath, only to release it as he said in a quieter tone, "Was there really no hope for her to survive?" With eager eyes he looked to Jackle and dropped down onto his belly fur to lay level with him. Answers were needed to help him move on, yet he was nervous in anticipation for the truth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2014, 19:28

The whole scene was sickening as he listened to the strained voice from the male. Elite Eclipse was a dignified wold, one to match the equally hunble Nnyla and together they made a pair of wolves whose acceptence seemed to be of the most important. For it would be one of their faces you would see first, one of complex empressions and feelings that would never outmask who they truly were. It was an honor to be before a male who was so close to the one person Jackle will live to be just like, Creek. As Eclipse spoke on, he told Jackle of the female Aurora who used to reside in these very parts and for a moment, Jackle felt whole and as if the whole journey had come full circle for him. This was where he was supposed to be and he had done a fine job so far.

The male longed to know about the female and what had taken the life from her slowly. How was Jackle to answer? The healer knew very little about the disease and had only ever seen it once, in the stages that Creek dared not to go to for fear of destroying Eclipse. They were such a noble couple and it was a love so rare that neither will be too far from each other, even in death. Still, Jackle spoke to the male on a professional level, "Eclipse I fear I do not know the name of the disease that took your beloved one from you. In my time as a healer I had only ever seen it once, it becomes cancerous and it slowly kills you. First coming to a stage in which Creek got too and ending in a miserable and painful death, a feat that Creek did not long to see and would not allow to happen due to you. Your mate loved you more that words would ever describe. A valiant death in my eyes for there is no cure, there was no coming back and we would have done our best to sooth her but that was not what she longed for. The only thought in her mind was you Eclipse, you and your family. It is my honor to you and to her that I become a dear friend to your family." The healer just laid there, there was nothing else to say to the Elite and now was the time to mourn.
Back to top Go down
Elder Eclipse
Elder Eclipse

Wolf Information
Purchases:

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2014, 10:31

Hearing his words, Eclipse could do nothing but listen quietly. He knew Creek had done the right thing, like a true healer she didn't want anyone to be in any pain. Yet still he felt pain over her loss, but not as deeply as he would have if his mate had died a long painful death. She had been released from her misery and he was coming to realize that one day he would too. Eventually he would see that the passing of his mate in no way lessened what had existed between them, that he could still love her even after death, and that he would find strength through the support of others and each rising of the sun to carry on and make his life something different, something whole and wonderful while still remembering and treasuring the fae he loved. Their bond would never be broken, even if it became the state of a frayed piece of string it would still always be there, tugging at his heart. He nodded slightly to Jackle, knowing that he may have made the brute uncomfortable, forcing his concerns and emotions at him so suddenly. Jackle had done well to remain professional and composed despite this, and shown Eclipse honesty.

For a few long moments he said nothing, staring quietly and stirring his tail over the snow in thought. But it was not sadness or grief that silenced him, but a sort of enlightenment that he couldn't keep on like he was. Jackle had helped him to see that this was inevitable. If it hadn't happened now it would have only happened months down the line. Now he had to picture a future without Creek, one that was his reality now. For now it would seem like a grim and unpleasant future without the one he loved, like a shadow of an object, his future would follow his past and be formed from the real thing but it wasn't, it was just cast by it. Nonetheless he would have to find a passion in something else, his job perhaps so he could fine fulfilment. Loving another fae at the moment was unimaginable, perhaps he would always feel that way. "Jackle, I welcome you as my friend and I thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with me, and for being blunt and truthful..." He looked to the white wolf, a gentle acceptance and new resilience in his gaze. "I fear through all my mourning I have abandoned my pups and I have lost them. It is not just losing her that has affected me, but I feel I have lost everything that mattered most to me. My mate, my pups, my happiness is all gone. Almost it is as if I have just joined the pack from the beginning, except from my promoted rank. My title and duty is all I have left." Eclipse sighed gently out of his brown nostrils, feeling a weight lifted now that he was speaking freely what he had longed to tell someone. "I don't know if it would ever be right to love someone again and find another mate. Definitely not anytime soon. But is it wrong to act as if your past never happened? I don't know how she'd feel about it..." A voice in his head told him he deserved to feel happy once again, but he could never do anything if he felt it would betray his love.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2014, 16:28

"Do not stop yourself from loving again friend. Should your heart want what it desires, you must never stop yourself from doing so. In the end, you hurt more if you reject that feeling rather than embracing it. Do not feel pressured to move on right away, it is a void that will never be filled, but the heart grows fonder and you will find yourself accepting another with an equal but very different love. Creek will never leave you and she will always be with you and your offspring and I do believe she would want you to move on with your life and do whatever makes you happy. If it were me, I know that I would take the time to mourn in my own way and follow suit with my life and should anything happen, then it happens. One can not deny instinct to be loved and to love, well, not unless you are of Eneryx but even through bad ther will always be a need to be belong. That is something Creek would never want you to lose."

"Eclipse, do not fear in regards to your pups. Although I do not know them, I am sure they would be understanding due to the circumstances for they are going through the same thing. The lands of Helidos are your home and we are your family, it is not about rank in a time of death. We all come together to embrace a life lost and we are all here for you, some a little more than others. It is not abandonment and do not feel that way, you are mourning and it comes with the territory. My suggestion, come to the healers den and get some lavender from me. At night when you are laying alone, allow the scent of the lavender to embrace you into a more relaxed sleep. Although you do have duties in this pack, I would expect Nnyla to understand and help you out a bit more. Wolves have been steady as of late and I am sure that within a few days time you will bounce back to a more productive you, but we will give you whatever time you need. If I were you, I'd find your pups and have a long chat with them. Figure out where you all stand and go and be a father before an Elite."

"I don't do this often but I am going to speak on Creek's behalf. I am sure she wouldn't mind and I would hope she would agree. Find your happiness, do not worry about anything else, and do what makes you happy. Find your balance again and head back to work with a strong mind and a strong heart. Be a good father and in time, move on. Then she would say she loves you."
Jackle chuckled as he stared the male down with a comforting gaze. The white jaws stood agape as he sighed heavily to listen to what the male would say. What was there really to say, Jackle was a logical male, and found himself speaking nothing but the truth and in a matter of fact way. It was nice to know that the Elite knew this was how he way and although it was blunt, it was always compassionate. The healer was mourning, not as much as the Elite, but still it was painful to see the once lover of a beautiful soul ache with pain all over. A mind torn to pieces as it struggled to hold on to whatever he had left. Dipping his head low, Jackle approached Eclipse, and rested his head on the black knights shoulder. Turning his head in to the lean, Jackle whispered softly as they embraced before he let go and took a step back, "You've got a friend in me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Wings [Open] Broken Wings [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Wings [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1